Is this a Forum or a Chat Room?

141 to 144 of 144 messages
23/02/2007 at 19:34
FA cup winners I heard
14/06/2009 at 12:39

er not sure if im writing this in the right place??!

im training for my first half marathon in october and following the intermediate hm plan. I try to eat well and sleep enough. Although I am meant to cycle 10.5miles to work and then 10.5m home again 5 times a week. Quite often I am shattered and my legs feel dead. Especially walking up stairs at work. Is there any advice on diet, or exercise which could help? Ive been jogging and cycling on off for 10 years. Just starting eating meat after 19 years too- which I though would help with fatigue! Oh I drink lucozade on 10mile runs- Ive told myself it helps!?? byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

14/06/2009 at 13:32

No Samantha, you're not in the right place

If you've got a question about training look on the "training" threads.

14/06/2009 at 14:09
If your legs feel dead, you're most likely doing too much too often, so you never give yourself a chance to recover. I'd take a few days' complete rest, and then put extra rest days into your regular routine

People seem to forget that training days break down your muscles, and rest days allow them to repair and get stronger. Insufficient rest just breaks them down more and more.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
141 to 144 of 144 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.