Is Usain Bolt on steroids?

1 to 20 of 29 messages
27/08/2009 at 21:00

Anyone who watches track and field more often than every four years are suspicious as hell. He won too easily—coasting and celebrating in a race against what should have been the best sprinters in the world. That's far-fetched enough, but then when Jamaican Shelly-Ann Fraser wins the women's 100 in 10.78, leading a 1-2-3 sweep by Jamaica, it is even harder to still suspend disbelief. (Especially since Fraser cut more than half-a-second off her 100m time in one year. One year. That doesn't happen after you're 14.) If Usain Bolt's run is considered clean 10 years from now, I will be greatly surprised. So the short answer to the question: Is Usain Bolt on drugs? Almost certainly.

5 Jamaican stars who tested positive cleared for Berlin
Diack agreed it was the right of the International Association of Athletics Federations to punish the athletes, but he successfully argued that throwing the athletes out of the championships was too strong a punishment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/8194447.stm

Mens olympic 100m final branded "a farce"
German sprinter Tobias Unger (29) called the Olympic 100m men’s final a “farce” and cast doubt on the legitimacy of superstar Usain Bolt’s win.
Unger voiced his complaints about the Jamaican sprinter to BILD sport, saying: “Bolt didn’t even warm up for the semi final. He showed up in shorts and jogging shoes, did his pickups and practice starts, put on his spikes and then ran the 100m in 9.92 seconds. “Bolt ran a time of 9.8 seconds in May and again at the end of September. He showed no tiredness during training,” an annoyed Unger added.
“They do whatever they want on their island. Nothing happens to them. I’m the only one here at the Olympics who is registering with the doping controllers.” Bolt apparently didn’t even know how to fill out the doping forms. The American sprinters’ coaches actually laughed when they heard about German doping controls.
http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/2008/08/german-olympic.html

Edited: 27/08/2009 at 21:05
27/08/2009 at 21:08

seriously?? your first link refers to them not turning up for training not failing dope tests, you clearly didn't read it. Bolt himself is tested after nearly every race and has said himself this is the norm for him.

Don't hate the players, hate the game!!

Have i just fallen for a troll ?

GO BOLT!

27/08/2009 at 21:13
poppycock
27/08/2009 at 21:14

Similar allegations were levelled against Lance Armstrong due to him winning the Tour de France so soon after recovering from leukemia. He went on to win another six Tours. Unfortunately this has resulted in him being the most drug tesed man in cycling. However, every time he tests negative. Given the rules surrounding the drug testing in cycling and the fact he can be tested at any time, but still proves negative would suggest there is nothing but a smear campaign against the guy by those jealous of his talents.

Why can't it be the same for Bolt? Why does he have to be a doper?

27/08/2009 at 21:19

Hmmmmmmm

armstrong wins because of his leukemia not in spite of

The chemists have just got to keep 1 step ahead of the testers and they do

seren nos yn canu    pirate
27/08/2009 at 21:20

to be honest looking at his physic I would be suprised if he was on steriods etc........he looks the least pumped up of the lot of them........

I just he have a natural talent and just loves what he does.......

27/08/2009 at 21:21
The man is a god. There's no reason why, one in a while, a sportsman will come along who is immeasurably better than anyone else who has gone before. Roger Federer in tennis, Tiger Woods in gowf, Usain Bolt in sprinting.
27/08/2009 at 21:23

its a troll his first link doesn't even refer to what he says it does

27/08/2009 at 21:29
Pizza Man wrote (see)

Hmmmmmmm

armstrong wins because of his leukemia not in spite of

The chemists have just got to keep 1 step ahead of the testers and they do

I'm not sure what you're saying PM?

I not saying LA won because he had leukemia. I'm not even suggesting that he's won due to the drugs he received in relation to his leukemia. I just think the guy is so determined to prove that he is a winner. Unfortunately, instead of receiving the plaudits he deserves there are constantly those who are out to prove he is a doper. Armstrong tries  to fight this by winning yet another Tour and prove his doubters wrong. Unfortunately this works against him and makes people even more suspicious...

27/08/2009 at 21:29
Maybe they should sex test him as well, in case he's secretly a woman?
cougie    pirate
27/08/2009 at 21:30
WG - I would love to think lance rode cleanly but look at the evidence. Just about all his rivals have been busted for doping - four winners of the tour that I can think of offhand. Teammates have talked of systems used. Tests can be cheated - most busts have been when the drugs have been found in their rooms, not their veins. There's also the old sample of lances that was retrospectively tested and found to be positive. I'd wager that most of that years field were also doping. Lance is still a great rider but I can't believe he is a saint.

I don't know enough about Bolt but as most of the fantastic rides I have seen in cycling have since been darkened by dope - if something seems amazing - it often is due to doping. See hamilton riis pantani ricco virenque landis etc etc.
Rc.    pirate
27/08/2009 at 21:37

I think within all sports there are obviously your elite players/stars. But every now again someone comes along who is I believe truly gifted with so much natural talent in a given sport they stand out because of this.

If you think about all sports there is someone amongst the elite who has that something extra. Motor racing was Schumacher, MotoGP has Rossi, Golf has Tiger Woods, Boxing had Ali and now  Sprinting has Usain etc etc...

I am sure you could all think of many more but sports such as the above, but all have the best of the best in them and those folks make us look very very ordinary. But then one person that comes along every few years make the elite look a little more human. Yes there has been cheating and drug use but why cant people just accept these folks have that extra talent that makes them so brilliant and enjoy just watching someone who clearly is extraordinarly talented instead of trying to constantly find a weak link that simply isnt there

27/08/2009 at 21:40

WG, the physiological effects of muscle rebuilding after being broken down by the cancer enabled Lance to  "start from scratch"

the adage "fitness comes in ecovery" can clearly be seen in Lance. 

generally speaking Cougie has it though. it's just my humble opinion though.

Farnie    pirate
27/08/2009 at 21:54

I have no idea about Bolt,

I live in ignorance, and think in Farnieworld he is just a very talented man.

But I agree with PM and Cougie re cycling.  Esp having spoken at length with someone who was there when it all went on.  It can be got round and PM is right, the chemists just stay one step ahead

27/08/2009 at 22:19
most olympics athletes are.  a friend of mine who got silver in sydney in an event that shall remain unamed said that not only were most people on performance enhancers, but most of them took cocaine and ecasty too, and the olympic village was a total shagfest.  who can blame them?  if you;re going to give up 10 years for 1 week of your life, why not make it a good one?!
27/08/2009 at 22:23
well, as there are lots of events: it was a cycling and/or running one
27/08/2009 at 22:42
and to be fair, as they are all on the same things, it does level the playing field.  and if it makes it look slightly cooler to the viewing public...  so what?  not like many people are going to be influenced by them, is it?  A different friend of mine, who took streroids to get onto " britain's strongest man" is now COMPLETELY fcked... had to leave a vey well paid job because of health problems... so what?  they take the drugs, they get to the olympics/tour de france/world champs/on tv, they die young.  their choice, innit?
27/08/2009 at 23:19

Irrespective that most, if not all, of the top athletes take drugs does not make it right. Far from it. It goes against the Olympic Creed:

"The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well."

Unfortunately, politics became embroiled in sport and it was important for USSR, USA, and other Soviet Bloc countries to prove that they were better than the enemy. This undoubtedly resulted in the use of drugs to enhance performance in a bid to outdo each other. Even though the cold war is over the damage has been done and drugs have filtered into every other nation as they too try to prove their athletic prowess. Ineveitably, this also has a knock-on effect to the individual irrespective of their moral view. They know in order to compete, they have to take drugs too.

I think we have gone too far in the higher echelons of sport to eradicate the problem, which is sad as it completely contradicts what competitive sport should be about.

cougie    pirate
27/08/2009 at 23:31
I do actually think that cycling is the cleanest its been for decades. At last riders are speaking out against dopers - go back to 98 and they were on strike against the doping inspectors."Some" big name riders have held grudges against the outspoken clean riders - and did things like chase down the guys whenever they were in a break - no matter how low down they were on GC. That doesn't seem like the actions of a clean athlete.
I don't think other sports have even thought seriously about their testing procedures - the less testing they have - the less failures.
28/08/2009 at 00:04

From the OP's 2nd link  Unger, who was cut in the semi-finals, threatened to quit: “I just don’t have the desire anymore.”  His PB is 10.2

hmmm....no desire, or a realisation he can't play with the grownups?

the dude abides wrote (see)
poppycock

aha....so that's Bolt's secret....streamline the lunchbox by replacement with a poppy.  Pretty sure there's no rules against that .  Sure the aerodynamic improvement accounts for the speed!

1 to 20 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.