Jimmy Saville

201 to 220 of 310 messages
06/11/2011 at 12:57
GTC wrote (see)
Jumping back a bit, Corinthian I don't know u from Adam but if u say u know something I know enough to believe u.

Quick Corinthian, tell him you know about a stash of cash in Nigeria.. and if he'll only provide you with his bank account details...
06/11/2011 at 13:34
I was under the impression that in the 80's Jimmy ran sub 3 hour marathons?There was always a posse around him and many runners would tag along as his times were very consistent?
GTC
06/11/2011 at 22:23
Miffi

Please, even I know the stash of cash isn't in Nigeria, it's in Somalia and is being guarded by pirates! Er, when I say pirates I don't mean those really scary looking dudes in the yellow tops that I keep seein at marathons but am far too intimidated by to say hello! Especially as they can swim, bike and run whereas I can only achieve one of those.
GTC
cougie    pirate
06/11/2011 at 23:29
LOL - come and watch us race Ironman GTC - theres a fair few of us that cant even run by the end of that !
07/11/2011 at 17:24
GTC wrote (see)
Miffi Please, even I know the stash of cash isn't in Nigeria, it's in Somalia and is being guarded by pirates! Er, when I say pirates I don't mean those really scary looking dudes in the yellow tops that I keep seein at marathons but am far too intimidated by to say hello! Especially as they can swim, bike and run whereas I can only achieve one of those.

Oh, do you have to be able to swim, run and cycle to be a pirate?  I thought it was just about sex,  alcohol and very tight fitting lycra.   To join the Somalian lot you just need a boat and a gun. 
08/11/2011 at 08:36

Not sure this is true but as he was such a good cyclist and runner Jimmy was persuaded to try Triathlon once. As it happens, it was a disaster as not only did his cigar get wet but he sank to the bottom of the pool as he wouldn't take off his bling.

A shame really as he would have made a great King of the Pirates.

Edited: 08/11/2011 at 08:36
08/11/2011 at 09:58
he wouldn't have fitted in - he didn't drink enough

anyhoo we don't have Kings - it's all about Admirals and Cabin Boys and Seaman Stains etc......
08/11/2011 at 10:40

If he had known you had Cabin Boys I am sure Jim would have signed up straight away.

By the way, do you do a shell suit version of the pirate kit?

08/11/2011 at 10:59

they're working on it Max - along with pirate gimp masks, pirate wellies, and pirate umbrellas no doubt......the "franchise" is getting a bit out of order for many......

08/11/2011 at 11:43

Interesting.

When I read the underlying premise of 'most' religions they usually sound pretty reasonable to me. It is just when I see how people have evolved organisations around them that I start to scratch my head.

I always liked the original pirate thing of some peeps saying you don't have to be superman and buy all the latest stuff to complete an Ironman. It remonds me of Alf Tupper and appeals to the British love of the underdog. If being a pirate is now all about what kit you have, etc then it would seem that it may be in danger of drifting away from its core origins.

By the way, are the pirate wellies to appeal to the Welsh

08/11/2011 at 12:03
"If being a pirate is now all about what kit you have, etc then it would seem that it may be in danger of drifting away from its core origins."

and there, my friend, you're not far wrong in many people's eyes. but then, things evolve and change and as they say, you can't please all of the people all of the time, or perhaps even some of the people, some of the time.

PS - I'm trying barefoot with the girls these days.....
08/11/2011 at 12:08

Pirate Gimp Mask eh?

<looks interested>

I may have to take up swimming again..............

cougie    pirate
08/11/2011 at 12:21
I reckon so long as you've got the Pirate top to race in - then you're good to go. Everything else is just extras.

Gimp Mask ? Thats what we get for letting Barley organise Kit !
08/11/2011 at 12:35
I see JS is lying in state today...
GTC
09/11/2011 at 00:46
Drinking and sex? Where's the pirate entry form? Don't say the cabin boy has got it!
GTC
M...eldy    pirate
10/10/2012 at 03:28

Interesting reading .... JS to the Pirates in 12 pages!

I met the man in several social occaisions for many years running (no pin intended) and between myself and my colleagues all I can say is that he gave me the creeps, he was certainly 'an old perv' and thats how we referred to him, nothing ever happned to any of us as far as I know ... twas just an instinct

I wonder how many more will be implicated in this?

10/10/2012 at 08:40

I've just read a piece in the news that showed pictures of the 3 women who claim jimmy saville 'interfered' with them. There was a current picture of the women and then a picture of each of them from the 70s and the caption read now, then, now, then, now then......

10/10/2012 at 08:43

10/10/2012 at 08:50

More scandel in the same news report as someone is now saying they saw Rod Hull fisting a young bird........

10/10/2012 at 09:04

And in today's news, StevieG is to eat a delicious slice of humble pie baked by London Irish. heh.

201 to 220 of 310 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.