Jimmy Saville

201 to 220 of 323 messages
03/11/2011 at 21:51
I hope you didn't do that at work Azcaya!
03/11/2011 at 22:03
Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)
I hope you didn't do that at work Azcaya!

I did.

But I'm self employed so I can only get myself into trouble.!

I'm always amazed when I look stuff up on urban dictionary (always because of some comment on here - debauched lot that you are). I think half of it's made up. 

<crawls back under cosy world rock>

04/11/2011 at 09:48
Isn't it when you go jogging with your dog?
04/11/2011 at 09:49
"I think half of it's made up"

only half eh??

UD is one of the top dictionary websites out there - along with the Viz Profanisaurus. always a go to for a laugh...

anyone fancy a zuffle??
04/11/2011 at 09:56

Is that a five znuckle zuffle?

GTC
04/11/2011 at 20:07
Jumping back a bit,
Corinthian I don't know u from Adam but if u say u know something I know enough to believe u. Good work on the deconstruction of the script, where's doubting Thomas got to??
GTC
04/11/2011 at 22:25
So... 3.30... Was that his best time? Average time? Did he wear his shiney Tracksuit to race all the time? What other marathons did he do? I am interested in the original topic ....the running achievements of public figure who probably inspired a few people to take up running along the way.

05/11/2011 at 20:44
I don't know what sort of times he ran, but according to his obit in The Week he

"ran 212 marathons, almost always for charity, often without prior training 'I just turn up and run', he said.".
05/11/2011 at 21:46
Most shocking revelation on this thread...
05/11/2011 at 21:54

What would be more shocking is if you found out that cigar smoking, non training, not exactly atheltic old Jimmy could beat your best marathon time.

05/11/2011 at 22:00
MikeR wrote (see)
I don't know what sort of times he ran, but according to his obit in The Week he "ran 212 marathons, almost always for charity, often without prior training 'I just turn up and run', he said.".

Dont believe a word of it!

He was out training most days  when he was running marathons and decent mileage too.

05/11/2011 at 23:14
Viz Profanisaurus app for iPhone very entertaining
06/11/2011 at 12:57
GTC wrote (see)
Jumping back a bit, Corinthian I don't know u from Adam but if u say u know something I know enough to believe u.

Quick Corinthian, tell him you know about a stash of cash in Nigeria.. and if he'll only provide you with his bank account details...
06/11/2011 at 13:34
I was under the impression that in the 80's Jimmy ran sub 3 hour marathons?There was always a posse around him and many runners would tag along as his times were very consistent?
GTC
06/11/2011 at 22:23
Miffi

Please, even I know the stash of cash isn't in Nigeria, it's in Somalia and is being guarded by pirates! Er, when I say pirates I don't mean those really scary looking dudes in the yellow tops that I keep seein at marathons but am far too intimidated by to say hello! Especially as they can swim, bike and run whereas I can only achieve one of those.
GTC
cougie    pirate
06/11/2011 at 23:29
LOL - come and watch us race Ironman GTC - theres a fair few of us that cant even run by the end of that !
07/11/2011 at 17:24
GTC wrote (see)
Miffi Please, even I know the stash of cash isn't in Nigeria, it's in Somalia and is being guarded by pirates! Er, when I say pirates I don't mean those really scary looking dudes in the yellow tops that I keep seein at marathons but am far too intimidated by to say hello! Especially as they can swim, bike and run whereas I can only achieve one of those.

Oh, do you have to be able to swim, run and cycle to be a pirate?  I thought it was just about sex,  alcohol and very tight fitting lycra.   To join the Somalian lot you just need a boat and a gun. 
08/11/2011 at 08:36

Not sure this is true but as he was such a good cyclist and runner Jimmy was persuaded to try Triathlon once. As it happens, it was a disaster as not only did his cigar get wet but he sank to the bottom of the pool as he wouldn't take off his bling.

A shame really as he would have made a great King of the Pirates.

Edited: 08/11/2011 at 08:36
08/11/2011 at 09:58
he wouldn't have fitted in - he didn't drink enough

anyhoo we don't have Kings - it's all about Admirals and Cabin Boys and Seaman Stains etc......
08/11/2011 at 10:40

If he had known you had Cabin Boys I am sure Jim would have signed up straight away.

By the way, do you do a shell suit version of the pirate kit?

201 to 220 of 323 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.