Jimmy Saville

221 to 240 of 310 messages
10/10/2012 at 09:48
TroyDiablo wrote (see)

And in today's news, StevieG is to eat a delicious slice of humble pie baked by London Irish. heh.

jeezus, it's not as if the rumours hadn't been there for years when he was alive so I'm not at all surprised that it's nowcoming out. just pity it didn't happen when he was alive as he was clearly not a nice person and shoud have been prosecuted then.

as Mouldy says, it will be interesting to see how many other big names get fingered (so to speak......)

seren nos    pirate
10/10/2012 at 09:51

is it true that some of the women went to the police a number of years ago and that he was brought in for questioning......................

I wonder if so if these reports will be looked into to check if in fact there was no evidence or if once again the police at the time did a cover up on the request of a higher body

10/10/2012 at 10:02

JS (allegedly) used to say when any papers threatened to out him - "print that and Stoke Mandeville loses it's funding".  it seems that was enough to get them to back off.   Saint vs Sinner approach - it seems the saintly side of him always won them over.

GKD
10/10/2012 at 10:20
So, anyone seen any sign of StevieG recently?
GKD
seren nos    pirate
10/10/2012 at 11:09
Lirish wrote (see)
So, anyone seen any sign of StevieG recently?

LIVERBIRD    pirate
10/10/2012 at 11:31
TroyDiablo wrote (see)

And in today's news, StevieG is to eat a delicious slice of humble pie baked by London Irish. heh.

That was PRECISELY what I thought TD!

10/10/2012 at 11:35

Paedofilia has always been here, condoned by the Church, perpetrated by our  Royal Family (England at least)...

Name: Isabella of Angoulême, age 12
Married: King John of England in 1200

Name: Eleanor of Provence, age 13
Married: King Henry III of England on January 14, 1236

Name: Philippa of Hainault, age 14
Married: King Edward III of England in 1328

...to name but three.

King John was actually 34 when he married a twelve year old! But hey, on other threads we have Jesus freaks telling us what a stabilising influence the church has been on society. Not that they used to marry paedofiles to little girls.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
10/10/2012 at 11:42

If that was the legal marriage age at the time, is it paedophilia? Let's not forget the age of consent across Europe RIGHT NOW is from 13 to 18.

10/10/2012 at 11:44

with respect LA, the laws of the land (and morals one could argue) back then were very different to what they are now so I don't see what relevance your post has to the current issues with Jimmy Saville et al 

and in my view, Jesus freaks will always be Jesus freaks and nothing will sway their opinions so just let them live their deluded lives as they wish

LIVERBIRD    pirate
10/10/2012 at 11:46

And please don't insult Christians by calling them freaks. I haven't insulted you for your beliefs, or indeed lack of beliefs. It weakens your position. I don't really understand what your point is. History changes people's perceptions of what is right and wrong. We used to send kids up chimneys. We still send people not old enough to even VOTE to war. In years to come people might find that horrific. I know I do but it is what it is.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
10/10/2012 at 11:47

I sort of agree with FB. But I take exception to being called a freak by anyone.

10/10/2012 at 11:49

Yes the concensus of thought at the time was that marriage when a girl was "old enough" was correct, and in respect to Europe being 13, yes, it has total relevance, because either our society today is right, or its wrong, or Europe and our past is very wrong. Which ever perspective you view it from Savile (allegedly) was either a saint or a senile cunt with a pus filled cock.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
10/10/2012 at 11:52

Nice.

10/10/2012 at 11:57
kittenkat wrote (see)
Stevie G . wrote (see)

All complete unfounded rumour from what I can see, mixed in with David Icke and masonic nonsense!

Seems to centre on him possibly once visiting some home (not proven) where at some other time abuse happened.

Wow...that is incredible evidence! Thank goodness people like you aren't judges.

David Icke was a fruitbat to be fair.

So what's your view on David Icke LB? Was he a freak?

He believed he was the son of God, shot down for it, but it was no different to some bloke 2000 years ago conning weak minded fools into following him, dying for him...

What do you think of David Koresh?

Sorry if you don't like being called a freak for believing in a charlatan, I apologise most profusely.

10/10/2012 at 11:59
LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

I sort of agree with FB. But I take exception to being called a freak by anyone.

fair enuff.  but then I don't class most people who believe in the Christian or similar religions freaks.  Jesus freaks to me are those who are unable/unwilling/or just plain dumb not to see past their beliefs and able to see that there are other points of view - they are single minded, deluded fools, who are often to be found jabbering to themselves or knocking on doors trying to convert people.   

but anyway, this is about Jimmy Saville not Jesus freaks so let's get back on track eh??

LIVERBIRD    pirate
10/10/2012 at 12:10

I know you don't FB!

I've just ranted on KK's other thread. MY bugbear is actually that it's OK to attack Christians for THEIR beliefs but not other religious groups, which would be widely viewed as religious abuse. That said, I don't have huge group of Muslims knocking on my door telling me about Allah so I take your point on the "converters".

It's not my job to change people's minds. Unpopular with Evangelists, I know. But I give people enough credit to make up their own mind without my interference. All I ask is for them to afford me the same courtesy.

Now, Savile.......

10/10/2012 at 12:13

Two 14 year olds having consenting sex doesn't seem a big issue to me but a 40 year old guy taking advantage of a 14 year old girl ceryainly does. Maybe we should make the half your age plus 7 years the law.

10/10/2012 at 12:20
kittenkat wrote (see)
National treasure so I won't repeat the text joke that's doing the rounds, it's bad but quite funny.

Oh, go on....

LIVERBIRD    pirate
10/10/2012 at 12:22

Anybody else just halved their age and added seven?

10/10/2012 at 12:35
Just because you believe someone should be considered innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean that it was wrong to think that when the evidence mounts up against them. I still believe Stevie G was right to think that at the time.
JS is dead now but what should be looked into is the culture that allowed his behaviour to go on. People who behaved badly during those times will be shitting themselves now. A certain hamster eating comedian being just one of them. Of course he is innocent until proven guilty too.
221 to 240 of 310 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.