Jimmy Saville

301 to 310 of 310 messages
16/10/2012 at 18:57
RJK wrote (see)

This is of course irrelevant compared to the other allegations, but I'd like to ask you running experts if he ever really ran a marathon, or it was another aspect to his self aggrandising.

I've heard plenty of rumours that he would be given a lift to the finish (those rumours were well before he turned his toes up).

His wikipedia page says he ran the london marathon in 2005, but there's no record of him on the finishers list that I looked at.

Perhaps it would give an insight if we could somehow find evidence of marathons that he actually completed. He claimed hundreds so there must be evidence of them somewhere?

i think the bigger question, after another day of fresh allegations, new victims coming out with stories etc, was how did he have time to run at all with all this ill behaviour going on!

RJK
16/10/2012 at 19:34

Very interesting, FB, thanks.

16/10/2012 at 22:58

Apparently Planet X bid over the odds for some of his old bikes - bet they wish they hadn't bothered now.

16/10/2012 at 23:12

You can just imagine the action these have seen...

What a lovely auction...

edit: Useless fucking website can't even insert a poxy picture properly!

Edited: 16/10/2012 at 23:16
RJK
26/10/2012 at 14:25

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londoners-diary/running-was-no-sweat-for-jimmy-savile-who-was-driven-by-car-in-london-marathons-8226284.html

This confirms that he didn't run the race in 2005 at all, he was driven in a lead vehicle.

26/10/2012 at 16:31

On BBC Radio Ulster this morning, the co-presenter Karen Patterson:

" . . . . and here's an alternative take on the Jimmy Saville scandal from one of our listeners, who texts: I don't know what all the fuss is about, he was a lovely man - when I was 8 years old, Jim fixed it for me to milk a cow, blindfolded".

I kid you not, she actually read it out and then she and her fellow presenter commented on what a strange message it was! An apology was then aired 20 minutes later!!

Has made me laugh all day . . .  as I get through the last hours of my taper madness ahead of the Dublin Marathon.

26/10/2012 at 17:22

I might have to use that one!

26/10/2012 at 18:05

that joke was on sikipedia last week, 

27/10/2012 at 00:51

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/television/listen-radio-ulster-pranked-with-jimmy-savile-joke-0029786-1

Haha - I'd heard the joke but much funnier when someone reads it out on the radio.

Looks like they are going to arrest some well known names in connection with this now - can't help but think in reality maybe there were some people with more influential positions in this country than just showbiz names - he seems to have led a charmed life, or perhaps he had friends who could pull strings for him.

D S
27/10/2012 at 09:59
I heard the apology on BBC Radio Ulster yesterday morning and wondered which of the jokes flying around had made it onto air, so thanks for clearing that up Alwyn!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
301 to 310 of 310 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.