Jimmy Saville

61 to 80 of 310 messages
01/11/2011 at 00:42
Lirish - very disappointing on salacious detail.   How long ago did you say this happened?
01/11/2011 at 07:47

I think it is safe to post on an open forum - unless I'm mistaken, you can't libel the dead.

Let's just hope that all those slagging him off never need the services of the spinal injury ward he raised millions for.

GKD
01/11/2011 at 09:12
Of FFS of all the ridiculous things said on here so far that's a winner, what a parallel to draw, you can do what you want as long as you contribute to charity, is that it?
GKD
01/11/2011 at 10:01

He'll be remembered for his somewhat eccentric personality and the vast amounts he raised for good causes.

But he must have been a kiddyfiddler because there's no proof that he wasn't. It must be true, because some random bloke on the Internet knows someone who thinks he heard something from someone else who told a story about there being something not quite right with the guy. Nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean? He wasn't married, he adored his Mum, he liked children. Weirdo!

Third-rate hearsay at best. If there is real evidence it would have surfaced by now or it soon will. Until that happens, if you can't say something decent about a guy who's just died then best not to say anything at all imho.

01/11/2011 at 10:20
Lirish wrote (see)

Stevie that's twice you've used the word 'scum' or 'scummish' in reference to something I've written, now I'm not one to get into silly little spats on t'internet but equally I don't think you should say things here that you wouldn't say to someone's face.

Lirish you're insinuated a lot about Jimmy Savile on this thread - did you say this all to his face?
01/11/2011 at 10:20
Let's be honest - there are a lot of unsavoury stories about him but it doesn't mean they are true. As Muttley says an old unmarried guy who adores his mum and acts eccentric is always going to attract rumours. I'm not saying none of it is true but you don't know it is either.
01/11/2011 at 10:26
I've just started calling my dad "The Duke"...he's looking a bit perplexed.
01/11/2011 at 15:46
Lamb Chop wrote (see)
I've just started calling my dad "The Duke"...he's looking a bit perplexed.

Umm, so am I.  I'm thinking John Wayne... I must be missing something, sorry.

01/11/2011 at 16:41
JS used to call his mother "The Duchess".....

01/11/2011 at 17:19
Clink............(sound of penny dropping)
01/11/2011 at 17:25
Someone sent me a link to video footage of Sir Jimmy molesting a 14 year old girl - it's here about 3.20 in - don't look if easily shocked !
01/11/2011 at 17:48
If that's molesting then you better stick the cuff's on anyone who was alive in the 70's
seren nos yn canu    pirate
01/11/2011 at 17:58

I know of no evidence againgst Jimmy.....he has done a lot of work for charity.............and he has a lot of friends in high places

But something about him means that I would never leave my children alone with him......same as Michael jackson and the duke of edinburgh......................

there is something just not right about them that makes my instincts go on edge............I know that there is a chance that they are just eccentric but its a risk i wouldn't take..........

as for the fact that there has been no newspaper exposures.........there has never been any of the parties with young girls that the duke of edinburgh used to have on his yachts when he was younger..............enough friends or family in high places can stop any publications......

and FB...........my mother somehow knew about Rock Hudson........I can remember her saying it when I was young when we were watching a film............can't think how on earth it got to her knowledge

01/11/2011 at 18:11
I don't tend to leave my kids with cadavers
01/11/2011 at 18:19
Just had to look up cadavers........
cougie    pirate
01/11/2011 at 18:24
Bloody hell Seren - that's a starry line up of Babysitters you have there !

And unless the Civil List has been cut back severely - I don't think Windsor Babysitting Services is a going concern ?
01/11/2011 at 18:29

I'm just intrigued by the idea that Old Jimmy was such a powerhouse of influence that he could stop even an inkling of sleaze hitting any mainstream media, in a way that american presidents haven't been able to!!

ps Seren, slightly different position to MJ. I'm not sure innocent people have to repeatedly pay off their accusers with multi million dollar settlements and gagging orders!

01/11/2011 at 18:29

Never managed to find baby sitters for my kids..............even the council gave up trying

01/11/2011 at 18:34
big commitment those little fellas...almost as big as running
01/11/2011 at 18:37

But stevie G..

michael must be innocent as a court has nevre found him guilty........

61 to 80 of 310 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.