81 to 100 of 310 messages
01/11/2011 at 18:38
as must O J Simpson
01/11/2011 at 18:46
Say it to OJ's face Stevie ;0)
01/11/2011 at 18:47
I will...but only if he doesn't put those scary gloves on
01/11/2011 at 18:50
I met JS once, I thought he was a bit odd, definitely attention seeking. He didn't try to molest me, but then again we were in church so the opportunity didn't arise.

I'm sure if there was anything concrete, it would have come out during his lifetime and the police would have prosecuted. It's not like they refuse to investigate celebs accused of being kiddie fiddlers.

Whatever rumours are out there, the guy is dead. He raised a lot of money for charity in his lifetime, we should celebrate that. If you can't, at least let him rest in peace.
01/11/2011 at 20:18
They'll be saying there's summat dodgy about Sir Cliff next...
01/11/2011 at 20:44
seren nos wrote (see)

But something about him means that I would never leave my children alone with him......

That sums it up for me...I don't like the innuendo, or the gossip,  but would I let him baby sit? No.

01/11/2011 at 22:34

FFS At his request his coffin is going to be put on display next Tuesday at The Queen's Hotel in Leeds for people to file past and pay their respects.

That gives a little clue to the size of the ego!

02/11/2011 at 09:50
I find the coffin on display thing extremely tacky and very very disturbing that people are going to file past it. are people truly that sad??? bizarre

and as for Sir Cliff - I know a person who knows a person who......etc.....smoke and fire eh??

and while we're at it - let's throw Colin Jackson into the "which side of the fence is he on" mix. plenty of innuendo there as well, if not some known facts.......

I'm damn sure there are skeletons in many a salacious cupboard - it keeps the redtops busy
02/11/2011 at 09:59

Colin Jackson is pretty much a done deal isn't it?

Unless you're talking about him being a necrophiliac paedophile with an Oedipus complex.

The one who I've never been sure about is that Gary Glitter...must be something funny going on there!

LIVERBIRD    pirate
02/11/2011 at 11:13
I have my suspicions about you lot.......
02/11/2011 at 11:25

I've been lurking and have a few observations.

1 - It does seem odd to bring up sketchy details about something that may or may not have happened as the guy has just died.

2 - It's odd that people accuse someone of basing their view on unreliable info with no actual proof when we are all guilty of doing so all the time, be it an old wives tale about vinegar and brown paper to aid recover, general gossip, or basing a belief system on a work a of fiction flying in the face of hard scientific fact.

3 - It's naive at best to think that just because something hasn't come out in the public domain that there is nothing to answer.  The Gary Glitter scandal came out years after the event for example.  Things get covered up and people get paid off all the time.  Plus the papers etc are more interested in toppling people at the top of the tree, not those already sliding down.

4 - Not withstanding 3 above, idle speculation in cases like these seems a little sad to me .

As you were.

Edited: 02/11/2011 at 11:37
02/11/2011 at 11:34

I've been lurking on this thread and the way that Badly Drawn Bloke a s broken his silence has given me the courage to tell the opening poster that it is Jimmy Savile and not Jimmy Saville. Some people have no respect for the living or the dead.

As you were.

02/11/2011 at 11:45

Good point Max.

Oh and 5 - People are duplicitous.  We have the ability to be both good and bad.  Just because someone raises money for good causes doesn't mean they can't also do something bad.  Conversely, just because someone has done something wrong, doesn't necessarily make them a monster.  I think I've laboured the point enough.

As you as you were.

02/11/2011 at 11:47
Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)

2 - It's odd that people accuse someone of basing their view on unreliable info with no actual proof when we are all guilty of doing so all the time, be it an old wives tale about vinegar and brown paper to aid recover, general gossip, or basing a belief system on a work a of fiction flying in the face of hard scientific fact.

There's a lot of difference between suggesting home-remedies and suggesting that someone was a paedophile, though? 

If you're going to make accusations of that nature, surely they should be based on more substatiated information than speculation and gossip?

02/11/2011 at 11:56

Ok, maybe another example is the good old ipod wearer holding up the ambulance.  Selfish fecker doesn't care if other people live or die as long as they're ok.  And I know that for a fact because I saw someone on a forum say they saw it happen. 

My point is that we all believe what we want to and spout rubbish, myself included by the way, without anything really to back it up.

FWiW I couldn't make out if Lirish was accusing him of being a paedophile touching kids or a dirty old man touching nurses.  I've no opinion either way.

02/11/2011 at 12:00

No, I couldn't quite work that out, either, BDB

But either way, it is a pretty serious thing to say about a named individual (rather than the infamous un-named ipod-wearer). 

That the person has just died and can't defend themselves (or sue for libel) makes it seem mean and spiteful on behalf of the accuser.

02/11/2011 at 12:03
Oh yes, I largely agree with that.
02/11/2011 at 12:33

I thought it was a known fact that any unmarried man with dodgy hair above the age of 30 was a kiddy fiddler?

I'm sure i read it in The Lancet.

But tbh I wouldn't have let im babysit my kids.

I reserve that function for morally suspect 22 year old ladies with a father-fixation.

cougie    pirate
02/11/2011 at 12:34
LOL @ JB !
02/11/2011 at 12:36

Found a link to the infamous Jimmy Saville Have I Got News For You unbroadcastable outtakes - probably not true but you never know.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/rogerb/jokes/HIGNFY.txt

81 to 100 of 310 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.