Jimmy Saville

121 to 140 of 323 messages
02/11/2011 at 14:15
Mr. Majestic wrote (see)

Found a link to the infamous Jimmy Saville Have I Got News For You unbroadcastable outtakes - probably not true but you never know.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/rogerb/jokes/HIGNFY.txt

Oh come off it.  That's a Chris Morris script, not an outtake.

02/11/2011 at 18:24
Lirish wrote (see)
   Speaking of Colin Jackson is this a bad time to say I know a guy at work whose brother orally pleasured him. Allegedly obviously, I wouldn't want to kick anything off on here.....

Now it's clear who you are. You're Jay from the Inbetweeners aren't you.

Edited: 02/11/2011 at 18:50
kittenkat    pirate
02/11/2011 at 18:58
Mr. Majestic wrote (see)

Found a link to the infamous Jimmy Saville Have I Got News For You unbroadcastable outtakes - probably not true but you never know.

Erm.....

02/11/2011 at 19:09
kittenkat wrote (see)
Mr. Majestic wrote (see)

Erm.....

....are you pausing for dramatic effect?
kittenkat    pirate
02/11/2011 at 19:38
Miffi wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)
Mr. Majestic wrote (see)

Erm.....

....are you pausing for dramatic effect?
Erm...
kittenkat    pirate
02/11/2011 at 19:39
Is it working?
02/11/2011 at 19:51

On the edge of my seat.

which isn't really very comfortable.

cougie    pirate
02/11/2011 at 19:55
That HIGNFY transcript just reads as complete fantasy ?
They can't even spell Savile right ?
And no way would the audience be laughing at such awkward and plain nasty stuff ?

Deayton got fired from HIGNFY partly for a bad Savile joke about the dead mother. I doubt even Merton could get away scot free with that attack and it just doesn't sound like him.

A bit of googling shows that the piece was dismissed as a hoax and was removed from one site for fear of libel action ?

02/11/2011 at 20:06
In the spirit of HIGNFY surely one should say allegedly at the end of every sentence.
kittenkat    pirate
02/11/2011 at 20:10
cougie wrote (see)
That HIGNFY transcript just reads as complete fantasy ? They can't even spell Savile right ? And no way would the audience be laughing at such awkward and plain nasty stuff ? Deayton got fired from HIGNFY partly for a bad Savile joke about the dead mother. I doubt even Merton could get away scot free with that attack and it just doesn't sound like him. A bit of googling shows that the piece was dismissed as a hoax and was removed from one site for fear of libel action ?
What made it seem fake straight away was the unintelligent way whoever wrote it wanted to get stuck right in.. the girls school comment. That had no contextual value and I can't imagine anyone saying that in a first direct response.
Edited: 02/11/2011 at 20:17
02/11/2011 at 22:18

Nobody's perfect.

But on balance I'm sure, through 'entertainment' and fund raising, he brought happiness to more people and in greater measure than sadness through any badness he may have done.

So I'm comfortable with the fact he existed.

03/11/2011 at 04:48
The power of your logic is almost Vaticanesque Mr Majestic.
seren nos    pirate
03/11/2011 at 07:21
Lamb Chop wrote (see)
The power of your logic is almost Vaticanesque Mr Majestic.

so well put
03/11/2011 at 09:05
The HIGNFY transcript is complete bogus bullshit and poorly written bullshit - anyone with the slightest knowledge of script writing and has studied how people actually speak to each other can spot that.

He might have been a predatory peado - if he was he was incredibly lucky with his victims. There are lawyers out there who would kill for a bunch of clients with such a high profile target - he'd make their careers... yet, beyond internet tittle tattle there hasn't been one case, one newspaper exposure, one injunction. Makes you wonder why...

Edited: 03/11/2011 at 09:07
03/11/2011 at 09:30

Corinthian

Now then, now then, as it happens Jim always new a good friend who could help him fix anything.

MP

03/11/2011 at 09:52
Corinthian wrote (see)

The HIGNFY transcript is complete bogus bullshit and poorly written bullshit - anyone with the slightest knowledge of script writing and has studied how people actually speak to each other can spot that.

He might have been a predatory peado - if he was he was incredibly lucky with his victims. There are lawyers out there who would kill for a bunch of clients with such a high profile target - he'd make their careers... yet, beyond internet tittle tattle there hasn't been one case, one newspaper exposure, one injunction. Makes you wonder why...

Corinthian - I completely agree with your second point.  However, I'm not sure what you are saying in the first part of your post.  I don't know you so don't know what you do .. so are you saying you have a knowledge of script writing and therefore can tell by casting your eye over that piece of writing that its not a transcript of a real conversation?  If so can you give us some pointers?  It would be interesting.
03/11/2011 at 10:00
Do you want me to do it here or PM you?
03/11/2011 at 10:03
Do it here!!!
Or PM me as well!!!
cougie    pirate
Miffi - imagine you're in the audience for that show and then Merton comes out with that language ? You'd be stunned and uncomfortable. You'd not be laughing.

If there was evidence of any of this - a journo could make his career by exposing the sham. Nobody did though.
121 to 140 of 323 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.