Keeping em clean

filthy mucky sneaks

7 messages
19/02/2011 at 20:51

Hello!

Any top tips for keeping my sneaks in tip top condition? 

My road runners generally dont get dirty, just wet in which case i just let them dry out naturally.  But my trail shoes often get totally soaked and clogged with silty sandy mud.  In the past ive put them in the washing machine on cold wash (insoles removed) but im not convinced this is doing them any good!

So any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

20/02/2011 at 00:24

sneaks?

Is this America?

Just run through the puddles at the end of your run. They come up looking um wet.

20/02/2011 at 08:13

Hi!

I did a muddy race last weekend and my trainers were absolutely caked in mud. I left them to dry and brushed the mud off whilst holding a hose between my legs.

20/02/2011 at 09:47

I must be odd - I like having a dirty pair of trainers, I guess I like it to look like I'm getting a good amount of use out of them.

20/02/2011 at 16:45
I rinse mine in the sink.... Just wash loose dirt and mud off and then let them dry in front of the AGA.... If I didn't I think they would be a couple of pounds heavier by now.....
21/02/2011 at 09:16
i put mine in the shower with me directly after the run
23/02/2011 at 16:51

im liking the shower idea...not sure the other half will tho ^^

cheers!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.