Keys

Where do you put them when running

21 to 39 of 39 messages
22/06/2012 at 13:04

In training, SIS Marathon bag, mine's a few years old now, emergency toilet roll, phone, keys and on a long run a couple of quid for a bottle of pop. In a race, car key safety pinned to the inside of the little pocket inside my race shorts.

22/06/2012 at 19:48
I usually keep them secreted up my anus.
seren nos    pirate
22/06/2012 at 20:12

i was thinking the same as stevie G.......I hadn't thought about people needing d=several keys for flats ... thats a right pain...........could not run with then in my hand though.......i always have shorts with a zipped back pocket which will fit phone and key and money....

23/06/2012 at 06:01
DangerousGavin wrote (see)
I usually keep them secreted up my anus.

That could be dangerous Gavin.  Ah ........

23/06/2012 at 08:52
It eliminates clinking!
seren nos    pirate
23/06/2012 at 09:05

depends what else you have secreted up there

23/06/2012 at 09:13

definatley in your knickers if they are big enough-if not tie them onto the preyy bow on the sides of your thing..voila

23/06/2012 at 12:03

If you type "car keys" into the search box at the top of this page, you will find this subject has been discussed countless times.

23/06/2012 at 12:36
Colin McLaughlin wrote (see)

If you type "car keys" into the search box at the top of this page, you will find this subject has been discussed countless times.

It's not as if the forum is overrun with novel new questions about running. Assuming your tone is that you don't think the OP should have asked the question - why not just ignore the post? The thread title was clear

To the OP - the search engine on here is crap which is a shame as there's a lot of good content in the archives. If you are trying to search for something, go to Google and do something like this carry keys +site:runnersworld.co.uk

23/06/2012 at 15:48

colin, even though its been discussed we still just like answering with silly and genuine answers..so there

26/06/2012 at 13:33
Little Ninja wrote (see)
Colin McLaughlin wrote (see)

It's not as if the forum is overrun with novel new questions about running. Assuming your tone is that you don't think the OP should have asked the question - why not just ignore the post? The thread title was clear

To the OP - the search engine on here is crap which is a shame as there's a lot of good content in the archives. If you are trying to search for something, go to Google and do something like this carry keys +site:runnersworld.co.uk

"Assuming your tone is that you don't think the OP should have asked the question" - er, you are criticising a tone you have assumed. You must be a woman?

"If you type "car keys" into the search box at the top of this page, you will find this subject has been discussed countless times." is simply a statement. It doesn't have a tone. Any "tone" is in your head, not in the post.

I don't think the OP shouldn't have asked the question, no. I simply pointed out it has already been answered before in various ways. If the OP doesn't find a solution here (e.g. sticking your keys up your anus may not be their cup of tea) then they could have recourse to the search engine to find other threads where alternative methods of storing/concealing/dealing with, car keys, have been offered, some of them not involving the rectum or any other body orifice.

My present method is to attach them to an MP3 player round my neck. A risk of impalement through the sternum if I fall over, admittedly, but it's a calculated risk and one I am willing to run.

26/06/2012 at 13:34
loulabell wrote (see)

colin, even though its been discussed we still just like answering with silly and genuine answers..so there

loulabell, see above.

26/06/2012 at 14:50

I have three house keys and always hold them in my hand, always have done. Bit awkward now as the strap on my running watch is broken too though...so I have to hold that in the other hand!

gingerfurball    pirate
26/06/2012 at 15:37

I normally keep my keys in the pocket of my jacket - this normally works well - up to Saturday past when I lost said keys when they must have fallen out of my pocket when I went to check my *gasp* ipod....

JvR
26/06/2012 at 16:05

I use a couple of methods.
SIS marathon belt with the keys wrapped in kitchen roll.
Put them in a small MP3 holder strapped to my arm.
In a zipped pocket in my running tights.
In winter in side a pair of running gloves.

Alternatively I just hope that the family will let me back in the house when I get back from a run and leave the keys at home.

26/06/2012 at 16:18

Normally just hide the keys if I haven't got my MP3/phone bumbag with me, but if I have to take a key then in the small key pocket in my shorts, with the drawstring tied through the ring as belt and braces back up.

For races I leave the house keys in the car, and have a hair band looped through a hole on the car-key fob. I wrap the car fob in clingfilm (especially if raining, so it still works at the end!) and then put this in the key pocket, with the drawstring tied through the hair band - also helps keep it out the way and stops it bouncing around.

26/06/2012 at 17:16

I always take just the one key and tie it to the strings of my shorts and tuck it in! It never comes off or stabs me in the leg. 

26/06/2012 at 21:07

I always wear shorts or training tights with either a zipped pocket or key pouch.  Unfortunately, the pouch in one pair of shorts that I wear for races is a bit on the small side and last year, in a race, put my house keys and car key in there.  One of my house keys pierced the central locking button on my car key, thus rendering it knackered.

27/06/2012 at 16:18

Single key - largeish safety pin through the key then pinned to waistband of my shorts.

Large or multiple keys - largeish safety pin through the keyring then pinned to the waistband of my shorts but on the inside (on the right hip usually). As I wear lycra shorts this stops them jangling about and they stay where they're put.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 39 of 39 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.