Kings Cross Mainline Station

Some Travel Info if travelling to/from the North

1 message
08/07/2005 at 11:17
For anyone travelling in or out of Kings Cross today or over the next few days, I just spoke to someone on the GNER enquiry line and they told me:

- the mainline station is open and they are running an emergency timetable

- the ticket office is partly reopened and all the "FastTicket" machines are working

- GNER trains to/from the North and Scotland are terminating at Peterborough

- WAGN are running a shuttle service bewteen London and Peterborough

- Ticket restrictions are currently lifted (i.e. if you have a cheapo ticket which says you must travel by a specific train, you will still be OK to travel by a different one.)

- They have only just had today's emergency timetable so are not sure how many/how frequent trains will be over the weekend.

- They are pretty much expecting the timetable and ticket restrictions to be back to normal by Monday

- Don't expect to get your pushbike on a train cause they don't know if there'll be space (cause they don't know which trains will be running at which times).

All in all, I'm pretty well impressed with how they are coping and doing their absolute best to restore things to normal.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.