Lancashire Runners

A place to discuss running in Lancashire

501 to 520 of 728 messages
01/08/2013 at 12:17

ooh whats this rivington run all about ?

And sounds like it was a great event at the weekend.

Have you read the ultramarathon man book, well worth a read. Even if your not planning on moving up to ultra running.

02/08/2013 at 22:36

Was thinking of doing Rivington in November, it's a marathon not an ultra though.. 10k option good for my missus too.

Sjpc, thunder run is THE best event of the year! 24 hour team relay on 10k trail lap. Do as many as you can. Camping is included in price, runs 12pm Sautrday to 12pm Sunday through the night so head torches required. bonkers, and very inspiring.

have a look here at our team last year for a little flavour.

This year was much tougher, baking hot till 7pm 25-30 degrees, then torrential rain 8pm till 4am... Cue freezing cold, mud like you wouldn't believe worse than most xc courses. But still fun. 5 laps for me, 50k.

03/08/2013 at 15:31

preston runner here

anyone else doing these races?

fleetwood half marathon - 25/8/13
blackpool hilton half marathon - 1/9/13
lancaster half marathon - 1-/11/13
Lancaster marathon - 1/12/13
central lancs half marathon - 5/1/14
great north west half marathon - 23/2/14
blackpool marathon - 6/3/14

03/08/2013 at 22:50

Thunder sounds interesting cat...where is held have you a link ? I quite fancy it, nice video, very Spanish like he he

Hi Gina, I have a friend who is thinking of doing Lancaster and I have done Lancaster in the past myself as well as the Great North West Half Marathon.

05/08/2013 at 20:17

Hows every ones running going, got though 50 last week and man was it tough, details here :

http://sjpc14.wordpress.com/2013/08/05/dublin-marathon-2013-week-7-review-the-week-ahead/

Also im doing a charity run if anyone has any spare money id appreciate some donations thank you

uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Simon_Collins  

06/08/2013 at 07:06

Well done on the mileage Simon. cant be bad getting a course PB on tired legs! Proof that the trainings working. Can you month take your trainers on holiday? retool mine on my honeymoon the other year to mexico and ran on 10 out of the 14 days. I want even training for anything at the time. Haha. 

Running the length of Britian will be some achievement, two years ago I ran the length of the Leeds - Liverpool canal (127 miles over 5 days, roughly a marathon a day) and that took some planning and training so I appreciate just how difficult the length of the britian will be!! :-/

Got a 5km PB at Lancaster just over a week ago and ran 15.51 then ran 15.58 at the sale sizzler on Thursday so managed to dip under 16 mins!!! It was bloody warm at sale and I nearly passed out when I finished!

06/08/2013 at 07:35

Stupid predictive text on my iPhone. Hope you can make sense of that post. Haha. 

06/08/2013 at 13:22

well im only doing 20 miles of it but just to apart of something will be amazing and im looking forward to meeting richard and hopefully raining some money and awareness. Saying that 20 miles will be tough going!!!

That impsressive running the Leeds-Liverpool. I have always wondered about that. Well done you!

And well done on yet another PB. I like raining in Lancaster, its always well organised.

Not sure about taking my trainers on holiday, might get me in trouble lol

07/08/2013 at 20:08

I will give the great northwest half marathon a go I think, got 2 10ks coming up then hoping to move up to half and full marathon next year.

08/08/2013 at 13:41

hey laura sounds like youve got a great running plan ahead and well done on aiming for the full marathon, hats off to you.

Ive recently found, as well as running sites teh Guardian newspaper is a really great running resource, worth a visit.

The Great North West Half Marathon isnt the greatest course wise......but if you get chance, get signed up to the Freckleton HM for next year. You wont regret it.

Edinburgh is a good marathon that is easy to get into and a big crowd comes out for it. Plus the beer and burger stands afterwards on the park certainly make it worth the efffort he he

08/08/2013 at 16:36

Does anyone know if this has been done before ?

http://www.mytrievents.co.uk/runs/lancaster-trail-half-marathon/

If so, what was it like? if not, any opinions ?

09/08/2013 at 13:02

Not one ive heard of, but i will pencil in for next year.....

Anyone else ?

11/08/2013 at 20:20

how did every ones week of running go :

I checked out the new parkrun at cuerden valley its tough but well worth it, did anyone else go ?

Also I accidently ran 25 miles today......see here :

sjpc14.wordpress.com  

11/08/2013 at 22:11

Sjpc I don't tend to do park runs, too short for me.. Much rather get a tough circuit in at gym, or Sat speed session with club. Sometimes both.

your 25 miler sounds like fun. Get some good recovery in this week, and have a kick back, Drop the mileage down. 10k course PB,  your highest mileage week, and longest run is a fair bit to deal with.

oh, try doing hotlinks too, makes it easier. Just needs a little extra text even on phone or iPad.

mattl smoking hot 5k times.

laura, the Lancaster half is pretty good. gnw one a bit borIng. With Chester, wilmslow, Liverpool, Conwy, Helsby 4 villages, amongst others. lots to choose.

Idiot with a bucket list , don't recognise that event . There are a range of trail 10k/ halfs and marathons on though from Sept to May in NW area, delamere, rivington, grizedale, howgills. see site here.

thunder run video... Spanish? He's a scouser.

Steady two weeks for me, 3 speed sessions, lots of strength sessions & circuits, but dropping the mileage back to rest the legs a bit before upping for Oct ultras. Oh and September multi terrain league, 4 races one a week.

Edited: 11/08/2013 at 22:14
12/08/2013 at 13:01

You sound like my mate John cat, he loves his circuits too.

The 25 miler wasnt fun!! He he and yes im doing nothing tonight!!

Hot links you say....i'll take a look

Ultras and multi terrains!! Goodness sounds like youve got some tough days ahead!!

21/08/2013 at 07:01

Hi everyone. Back off my hols and back into running. Managed  20 mile last sunday.chester marathon next I think

21/08/2013 at 13:41

hello rick, 20 miles straight back off a holiday. Thats impressive!! Well done!!

24/08/2013 at 09:21

Fleetwood hm tomorrow.thats if they will do a name change on a entry. 

27/08/2013 at 12:28

How was everyones weekend ? Did you get down to Fleetwood Rick ?

No many club runners at the local ParkRuns. Was there something big going on ?

27/08/2013 at 12:37

There were plenty from Red Rose and Harriers at Preston.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.