Lancashire Runners

A place to discuss running in Lancashire

701 to 712 of 712 messages
28/03/2014 at 20:18

Things brill here. Last run on sunday in the accrington ron hill 10k.  Then all set for Manchester. Got one of our clubs top runners to pace me. Going for 3.30 but would be a big ask of me. Still if you dont try you dont get.

02/04/2014 at 13:57

3.30 would be amazing! If you pace yourself well and ignore the urge to push on....until at least the 20 mile point, you never know Rick you could do it!

Is it this weekend ? Good luck if so.

What is the Accrington Ron Hill 10k like ? and whats the link to Ron ? - Always wondered.

02/04/2014 at 14:59

Did Ron Hill Accrington 10k at the weekend and it was a top draw race.

Accrington had really embraced the race and it had a big time feel for what was a relatively small race (409 finishers). Good race HQ at the town hall and had a free warm up massage. Got number and left kit in town hall (safe enough).

Couple of laps round town centre and then the fun begins. Mile 2 and 3 are uphill with no real let up. It is then 3 miles pretty much down hill. I came away with 45:18. Two weeks ago did 42:30 (PB) at Trafford 10k which felt about the same effort. Will be back next year and would recommend the race.

02/04/2014 at 15:21

Race was fantastic I think.  Link is ron hill came from accrington.  

03/04/2014 at 11:19

Hi Rick

Do you know what happened to the guy who won as I am pretty sure he raced past me just before the mile mark? Looking at pictures at start he was near front so must have had a stop or something. If so, pretty amazing to go on and win.

03/04/2014 at 12:20

Did not know that Rick, thanks for the heads up and your bit about the race Max makes it sounds well worth turning out for.

03/04/2014 at 21:17

I got told he did a extra lap round block at the start by mistake. I can see this race growing next year. Our club had 20 runners doing it.  And hats off to ron hill he had time for anyone who wanted a pic or a chat with him.  After this sundays Manchester marathon ive a 6 week break then off to do Edinburgh marathon.  What races have everybody on here got planned?  

04/04/2014 at 08:14

He was absolutely flying when he went past me!

Always focused on half/full marathon but this year sticking with 5 and 10k. Going to try and fit in a few night races from the Welcome Tavern 5k, Badger 10k, Catforth Canter and Sale Sizzlers series. Also might do the Warrington and Lancaster 10k races.

06/04/2014 at 13:40

Edinburgh is a nice marathon not much shade mind if the sun is out so don't forget your Sun cream.

I'm doing that valiants half marathon, but other than that so far only signed up to the freckleton half and Wales marathon. Will probably do some of the badger runs.

06/04/2014 at 18:37

Manchester went amazing.  I finished in 3hrs 28mins. I beat a 13 year old record for bBlackburn road runners.  Makes me the fastest over 55 in club history. Plus got English athletic gold award.  So amazing day today.

07/04/2014 at 11:47

Well done Rick, very impressive result

07/04/2014 at 15:58

Wow brilliant going Rick!!! Thats a great time, whatever age someone is!!

If anyone has a spare £1 or 2 this guy would appreciate it :

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=BensBowelMovements

Speaking of marathons, did you guys here about Bekele's Paris time! 2:05 he's certainly put down a marker ahead of Sundays London marathon and with all the elite runners and Mo's first marathon, Sunday is going to be one great race!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
701 to 712 of 712 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.