Lancashire Runners

A place to discuss running in Lancashire

81 to 100 of 728 messages
11/01/2013 at 11:31
I keep on canal when its bad.planning 14 mole canal run tomorrow morning.nice and flat and noone abt in mornings.me my music and
the ducks.
19/01/2013 at 20:55
Another 13 mile run planned for tomorrow.whos doing manchester marathon on here?
19/01/2013 at 21:35
Another lancashire lad here. Burnley parkrun is a lot tougher than it looks. 3 times up the avenue takes its toll.
Edited: 20/01/2013 at 21:23
21/01/2013 at 22:57

I'll second thart Mattl! guessing you're another East Lancashire runner.

Enjoyed the delights of Langdale 10k, Ribble valley 10k, Burnley parkrun on Saturday and Inskip Half on Sunday. All part of the plan leasing up to Boston in April.  Looking forward to Standish Hall Trail and the Stan Bradshaw round on beautiful Pendle.

Nice to have a little corner that is forever Lancashire on the forum!

22/01/2013 at 07:09
I sure am. Got a PB at ribble valley and hoping to do the Grand Prix this year. Roll on hendon brook.
22/01/2013 at 16:56

I managed all 15 grand prix races last year but won't be attempting that again! Unfortunately I'll miss Hendon Brook this year but good luck with that one!

23/01/2013 at 19:25
Nicola Nuttall wrote (see)

Looking forward to Standish Hall Trail and the Stan Bradshaw round on beautiful Pendle. 

Hi Nicola, I was just wondering if you'd done Standish Hall trail before? It is very local to me and I'm thinking of doing it, but am a bit nervous as I've never done a trail race before (although I do run around the local trails quite a bit)  Looking at last  years results I would definitely be in the slower end of the race (my 10k PB is 60mins6secs), but I'm tempted because it's so close

25/01/2013 at 08:13

Double half header of Central Lancs (Catforth) and Inskip now done and dusted. Really got to big it up for these events. Both are well organised and flat courses on good country roads. I have done the Inskip event both years it has been run and the organiser took on board all feedback from the first year and for £14 this year you got good parking, plenty of toilets, 2 water stations, very flat course, a hat, huge bar of chocolate and hot pot with crust and red cabbage! Will aim to do both again next year as it is a great way to make sure I get the winter miles in.

Next up for me is the Muddy Bottom 17 mile in March and gearing up for my A race which is Fleetwood 10 miles in April. Happy running.

26/01/2013 at 22:34
penguingirl wrote (see)

Hi Nicola, I was just wondering if you'd done Standish Hall trail before? It is very local to me and I'm thinking of doing it, but am a bit nervous as I've never done a trail race before (although I do run around the local trails quite a bit)  Looking at last  years results I would definitely be in the slower end of the race (my 10k PB is 60mins6secs), but I'm tempted because it's so close

Hi Penguin girl, I haven't done it before either but I used to live very close to the start so I'm looking forward to exploring it. My sister is also running it for the first time and her 10k PB is the same as yours so I'm sure we'll all be fine, See you in the Almond Brook for a drink afterwards!

26/01/2013 at 22:41
Not long now till my first trail race,Lakeland trail cartmel 18k. Anyone else doing this one? Went for another run today whilst working here in Pittsburgh. Been -11 for last three or four days so bloody cold. Gave the mix masters a good work out running in fresh fallen snow, foot deep, uphill and it was awesome fun. Hard work in the snow and cold but good training for cartmel. Despite the conditions still managed 7 mile in just under an hour so happy with my little sell despite needing a dunkin doughnuts to warm up !!! My escuse and I'm sticking to it !!!!!!!
27/01/2013 at 12:03
Just done 13 mile around blackburn and back into oswaldtwistle.1hr50mins.bit down about time.anyway i think im all ready for blackpool half marathon end of feb.lets hope this snows last.
27/01/2013 at 19:09

I'm doing Cartmel Paul - they are fantastic events. did the one at Christmas with mulled wine and mince pies at feed statons.

27/01/2013 at 22:04
city fan wrote (see)

I'm doing Cartmel Paul - they are fantastic events. did the one at Christmas with mulled wine and mince pies at feed statons.

Was that run over the same Cartmel course ? I know they do the sticky toffee pudding run. If it was, what did you think of the course City Fan ? I'm also doing the Coniston Marathon in July so this is training in the build up to that which I can't wait for. Read such good reviews about the Marathon event

28/01/2013 at 20:21

Christmas one was only 10k - which was slightly different than sticky toffee one.  I've never done the Cartmel 18k so looking forward to it.  Done most of the events (but not the marathon - although I did 1/2 last year - they are all excellent.  so far in Cartmel and Hawkshead - I generally do challenges as more relaxed pace

30/01/2013 at 13:13

was getting jealous of you lot and all the races you were doing, so Ive entered the Liverpool half!! - Should get my motivation levels back up!

31/01/2013 at 00:03

Yes SJPC14, doing that one too..great race

31/01/2013 at 07:48
Hi everyone. hope your runnings going well.ok im asking for advice again lol. been running a tr now.did preston marathon and enjoyed it. im thinking of getting a treadmill. Do you think their good for you or not? Im running at 8.20a mile.but cant seem to get down to 8min miles.
01/02/2013 at 13:23

Ah good, not just me then Nicola...I am not sure if i am at race fitness level, but i am going to do the Preston park run this weekend, i think, and the Blackburn winter warmer, next weekend. So that should help somewhat, will be  tough six weeks ahead!

Have you done Liverpool HM before then ? What is it like.

Hi Rick, treadmills are ok, if you cant get out and run, but pounding the streets is much tougher and therefore better training than what you would get with a treadmill. Your probably, better just joining a gym and using the treadmill there once a week and that way you can do some leg weights as well. Oh when you do use a treadmill make sure you set it to have an increment, of at least 2.

Edited: 01/02/2013 at 13:24
01/02/2013 at 20:24

Yes, doing Blackburn winter warmer too!

Liverpool half is a great race, very popular so it's quite busy with lots of support around the course. The toughest bit is the mile and a half coming back along the seafront/promenade it's completely flat but if it's at all windy, that part seems never ending. The finish is great though and makes it all worthwhile. Good luck at Blackburn hope you have a great run.

02/02/2013 at 06:54
I ran Blackburn last year, the digest 1-2km is all uphill. A bloody steep one at that!

Although I may run it myself again this year.
81 to 100 of 728 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.