Lancashire Runners

A place to discuss running in Lancashire

161 to 180 of 729 messages
10/03/2013 at 15:08

I did parkrun yesterday which was good, although I got a stitch again which was annoying so it slowed me right down. I'm hoping to get a 7 or 8 miler in this evening, but we'll see- it might be postponed until tomorrow. And then I'll be resting up until Liverpool.

I'm a bit gutted because I've seen there's a HM in Southport in July which as the town I grew up in I would have liked to do, but I have 4 exams 2 weeks before it so don't think I can handle training on top of revision! Maybe one for next year though. 

11/03/2013 at 18:20

31 mile bike ride rick!!!! Damn thats good.

Sorry about your stitch Lou, not sure anyone has a real solution to them, ive heard putting pressure on the area helps.....

And in regards to Soutport, yes put your exams first

Been trying to PM you about Sunday but for some reason it wont work......it might be me....

13/03/2013 at 22:27

I did the Stan Bradshaw Round on Pendle last Saturday which is a fantastic event (for all of £4) fells and some steep climbs in snow and dodgy visibility, brilliant!

Looking forward to Liverpool on Sunday, good luck penguin girl, hope you have a great race.

14/03/2013 at 18:15

hey your at liverpool too Nicola ?

that sounds like a good event for just £4 when most races costs are shooting up

15/03/2013 at 14:56

Gosh Nicola, you seem to have a race on most weekends! Good luck on Sunday, let's hope the weather isn't too bad for us.

SJ- I have pm-ed you so hopefully it has worked! 

15/03/2013 at 16:01

Hey penguingirl, i can read your messages but every time i sent you one, it says that i have not wrote a message argh!!!!!!!!!

Send me your No. and i'll text you

15/03/2013 at 16:10
It did that for me too, but I then went back and it worked when I tried again. Will message you my number tho!
16/03/2013 at 11:11

thanks got it!!!

My race number is 6700 for the liverpool HM on Sunday, if anyone else is doing it wants to say hiiiiiiiii

I only ran once during the week and it was last night, six miles. As ive just been so busy!!

Good luck to everyone doing a race this weekend.

16/03/2013 at 11:14

weather says cloudy at the moment, lets hope it stays that way!!

16/03/2013 at 11:16

or maybe gets better

Edited: 16/03/2013 at 11:16
16/03/2013 at 18:19
Good luck everybody whos racing tomorrow.lets hear some good times on here for you all.bike again tomorrow.for me..
16/03/2013 at 20:07
Good luck everyone, hope the weather and the wind are kind to us. Hope your feet are light and your legs are strong! See you at the finish and look forward to reading your reports x
17/03/2013 at 13:48

How did everyone's races and biking go ?

I did Liverpool half marathon this morning and i can confirm that myself and penguin girl completed the race. It was a good route, some narrow parts mind you, but a good crowed turned out and the weather held.

Not sure about my official time, but my watch said 1:35:01, which is just outside a PB, so I'm satisfied with whatever the result as my last HM time was around 1hr42.

Only negatives, perhaps they needed more marshals as runners were running all over the show and also the parking. On the official race pamphlet, one of suggested car parks were advertised as being £2.50 all day. However, it turned out this was only after 9am and as the race started at 9am no runners could actually park at that rate.

But saying that, I'm glad i did it, it was a good event and I enjoyed it.

17/03/2013 at 15:48

My official time is out, 01:34:58.......a PB by just 2 seconds, I mean a PB by a 2 massive seconds!!!!

17/03/2013 at 18:05
That's great SJ! A PB is still a PB, no matter by how much. Makes my 4 min 9 sec PB seem a bit keen.

Seriously tho, I had a great morning. I thought the route was nice and varied although a few obstacles at times and the cobbles nearly killed me. Plus we were so lucky with the weather, I don't think we could have asked for better. Big thanks to SJ's dad and friend who were fantastic at pacing me, and they really kept me going- particularly for the last few miles when I was struggling (and tantrumming slightly).

I'm now shattered as my OH dragged me out on a muddy walk as he wanted to test his new walking boots, I thought he was going to have to carry me home at one point!

Hope everyone else had a good Sunday!
17/03/2013 at 19:13

top show sjpc14 and penguingirl. fantastic running. sounds like you had a really good day there.i always seem to pick not so good races lol. my biking was 43 miles in total. with very large climbs over bacup moor then over to pendle hill.had to ride through a massive snow storm over bacup moor, im going to get some running in this week before last bikeing before my bike race end of month then its a hm at blackpool again week after bike ride.and to think it all started abt 15 month ago to lose a bit of belly lol. anyway good running sj and penguingirl,

17/03/2013 at 19:26

well done Lou, 4 minutes off is fantastic, i thought thats what you meant at the race, but wasnt sure he he - But 4 mins off its brilliant!! - And yes the cobbles and obstacles made for an interesting race he he

The walk will help you remover i bet, they do say to keep moving. Saying that, ive done nothing all day!!! And yes my dad and friend john, said you helped them too. I think it helped you were all at the same level.

Thanks Rick and well done on another massive bike ride!! I saw all the snow on the hills when we were driving home! Crazy, its March!! And well done on the weight loss, ive always imagined that to be hard going.

17/03/2013 at 22:48
Great day out at Liverpool half, really like the new start, seemed very well organised. Chuffed to bits to finish in 1:33:07 which was 4.5 minutes better than last years time and a pb by 35 secs. Really emotional watching my fellow runners cross the line, some amazing costumes! Well done everyone, we'll sleep tonight!
18/03/2013 at 16:43

Wow that's a great time Nicola two people with improvements by 4 minutes!!! And three PBs, a good day out for the Lancashire Forum lot.

And there was some great costumes out there he he

Well done again

19/03/2013 at 14:49

Wow, that's a great time Nicola- well done.

Hoep everyone's legs were better than mine. SJ, I was cursing your dad and John for making me run so quick as yesterday I could barely walk because of my hamstrings, but thankfully today they are much better! Might go and get my new trainers from sweatshop on Thursday to take on my hols with me next week

161 to 180 of 729 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.