Late entry for manchester marathon

6 messages
23/04/2012 at 15:51

Hi Everyone,

New member here, I didn`t even know such a forum existed until I was googling this topic!!

I recently ran the Wilmslow 1/2 Marathon and surprised myself at how well I did. I even managed a sprint finish up that dirty big hill and pretty comfortably got round in under 2 hours even though it was touching 70 degrees and burning sun.

Anyway, I had it in my mind I would run the Manchester Marathon on the QT so nobody at work made a fuss about it but when I checked it is closed for entries for this year.

Is there anyway to get a late entry to this race? Do they take return entries and resell them or something like that? I`m in pretty good shape now and it seems a shame to have to wait 12 months to run this race

23/04/2012 at 18:40
I'm pretty sure its full now. If you are looking for a local race (and I'm guessing you're in or near Bolton), how about Liverpool marathon in September (I think) Run Liverpool races are always well organised, IMO.
23/04/2012 at 20:49
There isn't a hill at Wilmslow half
23/04/2012 at 20:54
Well, its not the Snowdonia Marathon, granted, but there is a nasty and somewhat unexpected incline at about 10 miles, I seem to recall.
28/04/2012 at 23:11

theres a very nasty uphill at about 12 miles as it goes.

no good now anyway. can`t believe it but my knee collapsed on Monday night, booked in for Surgery this Monday so thats that!

30/04/2012 at 10:47
Oh dear. Well, plan for a good recovery and get your entry in for next year's Manc race now!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.