leek half

leek half

15 messages
07/08/2002 at 18:30
is anyone runnning in the leek half marathon,need some details on it,whats it like,any tips
08/08/2002 at 09:14
I ran this in 1998. It is very good; extremely hilly but good fun. It added on 10 minutes to my normal time; but was a hot day.

08/08/2002 at 17:14
I hate this race - it's a stinker. It seems to be all up hill apart from the down hill bits which are too steep to really get running on.

I'll be doing it again this year
Ian
09/08/2002 at 16:30
Its a cracking race! Hilly as hell! In a class of its own really. Think of it as a fell race on roads. Its also one of the most beautiful races I've ever done.
17/08/2002 at 10:49
how does Leek compare to say Mansfield, Clowne or Keyworth which I know ?

The worst in memory was Rubery - never again !

see you all next weekend whatever. :)
19/08/2002 at 11:19
This was the first half I ever did and my club thought it would put me off for life,
no I did it again and again and this year hopefully again, nice cakes etc. on sale afterwards, well organised too.
20/08/2002 at 16:05
Hi, Can anyone give me directions from the A50 to registration on the day? Ta.
20/08/2002 at 22:56
It is hard, hilly, usually very hot and one of the most challenging half marathons I have done.

It is also very scenic, well organised and a race not to be missed. This will be my seventh consecutive year and I rate it my favourite road half marathon.
22/08/2002 at 09:29
How does it compare with the Buxton half for hillyness ?
22/08/2002 at 13:19
OH YES IT DEFINATELY COMPARES WITH BUXTON FOR HILLS, IF YOUV'E DONE BUXTON DON'T ASK JUST DO IT!
Ian
25/08/2002 at 17:35
Congratulations to all who finished this excellent, well orgainsed race. Its even better now that the refurbished sports centre provides superb changing and shower facilities. A perfect day for it too - cool and overcast but not so much that it spoit the wonderful views.
26/08/2002 at 12:22
My love/hate relationship with this race goes on! I've been doing more hill training this year so I didn't struggle as much. As a result I could enjoy the scenery. Actually I think the big difference was I knew what to expect this year. Last year I was told "It's a bit hilly". Anyway 8 minutes faster this year which looks good for a PB at Lake Vyrnwy
26/08/2002 at 17:14
What a great race ! It was my slowest race in about two years of halves and I can honestly say it was the toughest I have ever had the pleasure of finishing .
I could not believe how tired I was after only 6 miles..and then it really went uphill! Scenic,good weather and great people - thanks to unknown of Holmes Chapel and Cameron from Birmingham for the support. see you next year !
27/08/2002 at 09:43

Are there any online results available ?

27/08/2002 at 22:29
Online results are available from
www.staffsmoorlands-ac.co.uk

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
15 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.