Let it snow?

Welcome to a sense of perspective

21 to 27 of 27 messages
13/01/2013 at 11:57

I'm in the Cairngorms and its snowing as I write this. Just wish I could get out and enjoy a good run in it now, but a non snow related calf injury has enforced a layoff.

July was the only completely snow free month here last year

13/01/2013 at 12:13

I was the first to leave footprints in the fresh snow this morning, lovely

13/01/2013 at 12:19

Just about to do my long Sunday run. We were promised snow here in Durham but nothing yet.

I need some snow cos it's the best way to clean my shoes 

14/01/2013 at 20:01

today in Bucks, it was snowing a bit, but not really settling. Slight caution had to be taken on the roads both at lunch and evening but was ok.

Just have to see how it turns out overnight. Once ice comes into town, i find parks are the safest bet, however dull it is trundling round and round.

14/01/2013 at 20:09

we got a good 5inces this morning :-O made for some nice running, it was crunchy and soft so i just kept the trailgloves on, had no issues with traction.

14/01/2013 at 20:32
Hi all,

Bit concerned about the ice, I read about ice grip,it is anyone use it??
Cheers
17/01/2013 at 12:56

I'm definitley in the 'running in snow' is fun camp having done a 5 miler on Tuesday in snow/ice but each to their own I say and if you're not confident or don't want to run the risk, then stick to the treadmill.  This may have something to do with me being a novice so I'm sure I'll learn as the running years go by

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.