Lidl Crivit running shoes

any good ?

20 messages
04/05/2011 at 13:40
I keep an eye out on the good offers in out local Lidl Supermarket, they are having running shoes soon, the make is Crivit, has anyone tried them, can they be any good at only about £12 or £15 a pair ???
04/05/2011 at 15:34

No idea about the shoes, but I have been wearing Crivit running shirts for a couple of years which have been good enough - as good as my Mizuno and Nike ones which were about 3x the price.

I've also got Crivit running socks, which have been absolutely brilliant, both standard and winter ones.

04/05/2011 at 17:01

For £12 - £15 You might as well try them?  If they're no good just wear them for gardening!  TBH most experienced runners (well , i may only be speaking for myself here...) tend to stick with what we know.  I've worn my particular brand/series of shoe for the past 5-6 years because I know they suit my gait etc. etc. and I won't risk injury.  But I may just be a running snob .

I do however have plenty of Lidl/Aldi running tops/gloves/socks/cycling kit which I've found to be excellent value for money and do exactly what they say on the tin. 

04/05/2011 at 18:20
I might just have to make my first ever visit to Lidl....
04/05/2011 at 21:31

I agree that the Lidl clothing is good value. I have socks, shorts, leggings from them for running and cycling and they last just as long as known brands.

However I wouldn't recommend cheap running shoes as they are specific to your gait and the wrong type can cause injury.

Stick to the well known brans for shoes but everything else is ok.

In fact I got some running socks from Aldi today and am off to Lidl next week for some compression shorts

Edited: 04/05/2011 at 21:31
04/05/2011 at 22:30

I'd say give it a go - yes proper running shoes for distance which we can chose according to gait etc may be beneficial but I'd still try shorter distances in cheap shoes - if you don't get any aches and pains then they're ok.  I've been running since '80's and the shoes we think are necessary simply didn't exist then!

I would start using them for shorter runs and if they were comfortable and I didn't get any obvious (new) pains in shins/knees/hips etc then go a little further each time.  The original reason for the evolution of the running shoes we know now was cushioning to protect the joints from the constant pounding on pavements, before that people ran in any old trainers or even plimsolls (!) and people still run bare footed today. 

There is a new breed of running shoes which are pared down to mimic barefoot running, so there's a possibility that really expensive over engineered shoes are simply a marketing ploy that we've all fallen for.  Running, after all is a perfectly natural human activity which dosen't actually require any shoes at all, it's just our lifestyle which means we need to protect our feet from whats on the pavement!

10/05/2011 at 20:07
Spot on Sunluvva. I've been running for over 20 years and have never stuck to any one particular brand or model. Just bought a pair of Crivit shoes today. First impression is good. I'll try some short runs in them and if they are ok I'll buy more next time Lidl's get them back in. As you mention a lot of what we are told is hype otherwise why are all the big brands now promoting bare foot style running? Big companies will charge whatever they can get away with. Their shoes are made in China for peanuts!
20/06/2011 at 19:49
 Bought a pair last week,hoping to try them on a short run tomorrow. Have bought oddles of Crivit running/cycling gear with no complaints. 
09/10/2011 at 11:51

I've tried the Crivit shoes, and a few other more expensive brands, but I've gone back to the Lidl Crivit ones.

I found them to be the best fit and they last pretty good, in the same pair I completed 2 marathons, a 15 mile trail run and all the training inbetween.

They are in Aldi this week and I'll be the first person through the doors when they open. 

09/10/2011 at 11:54
And I'll be wearing them for an Ultra marathon next month
09/10/2011 at 11:55
Lidl stuff I find to be very good, BUT as I have noticed over the last while, if you are savvy you can actually get decent New Balance, Asics, Saucony etc for the same price if you buy in sales, buy on eBay by scouring the items ending soonest (and no or few bids etc).

This is now my way forward, although I have my fair share of crivit stuff (including a watch, running & cycling tops, shoes etc).
15/10/2011 at 19:31

GETTING ALONG FINE WITH MY CRIVIT RUNNING SHOES. HOWEVER I HAVE ADDED A SORBOTHANE FLAT INSOLE & A SPENCO ARCH SUPPORT, NOW MOVING WELL WITH NO PROBLEMS.

05/05/2012 at 07:03

I have the crivit shoes for 4 months and only use them for walking the dog (3-5 km daily). The sole is starting to dissolve.......

if you bye cheep you bye twice.....

05/05/2012 at 09:08

Well, my sis has a pair of ALDI trainers (I think Crane and Crivit are made by the same factory) and she's been wearing them for nearly 5 years now. They've held together better than any of the probably 20+ pairs of Asics, Adidas and Nikes I've gone through in the same time. She used to run in them for 5-10K distance and found them fine. They're a bit heavier than typical running shoes, less mesh, probably hotter to wear, but for £8 they're a great starter pair of shoes. If you're only going short distances at first, I don't see how you could go wrong with them. As long as they fit your feet of course. As with ALL shoes, cheap or megabucks, they'll fit some folk perfectly and some folk not-at-all...

05/05/2012 at 09:11

Wouldn't trust a new shoe, spent too much time getting the right ones for me, but never buy running socks anywhere but Aldi, at £3.50 a pair they're as good as any and better than most

16/04/2013 at 13:13
I bought a pair of crivit trainers cost me ??15.00 last march /april 2012
I get a lidls email twice a week, then never had any more trainers in until march this year so i bought 2 pairs
Seems to be a first come first served basis, they never had anymore in, once they have gone thats it
Hence i bought two pairs this year
I have bought a compression top last year,very good hence bought another one this year plus running shorts this year regret only buying one pair now
Always check my lidls email
Good quality, lidls just dont seem to stock many items maybe 2 of each,
13/05/2013 at 17:05

I have just bought a pair. I am going to try them in a minute! Wihs me luck!

13/05/2013 at 19:38

they felt heavy to me, and the sole is about as flexible as a brick, not sure i'd like to run in them, they might have been an older model though, i havent picked one up in 6 months.

27/05/2013 at 23:34

Na..but they make good fishing tackle...stick to propper shoes

01/09/2013 at 21:20
Edited: 08/09/2013 at 00:40

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
20 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.