Llanelli marathon

21 to 23 of 23 messages
19/10/2009 at 21:57
Great stuff, good luck with it and I may see you on the cycle track some time.
28/12/2009 at 09:33

It's Day 1 of my 10week training plan today for this event.

A nice slow 4 miler on the coastal path for authenticity!!!

30/12/2009 at 14:34

Hi all, can't access the forum link on 'events' for this anymore - subscriber only apparently.

Hows everyones training going?

Have done a couple of training runs in the Llanelli area over christmas - am hoping the course might take in the cycle path near the golf course and new flats that have been built (towards the wetland centre)? Lovely views towards the Gower over the estuary. from here (Was blowing a gale both times though!)

Probably a really stupid question - but this is my 1st marathon, so bear with me. Will the course have toilets 1/2 way along the course?  Dont think I can hold on for the 5 or so hours without going, and dont fancy diving into the undergrowth!

Also what do people tend to do with carrying things like car keys, plasters, gels, etc. Best to invest in a small waist bag, do you just carry this / or leave it with a supporter at the 1/2 way point?

Thanks

Have a great new year!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.