Locating Other Runners

7 messages
05/02/2013 at 23:53

I live in the US, but I travel all over for races. This year alone I'll be in at least 4 countries over 3 continents, and possibly 7 US states. I sometimes end up going with friends, both runners and spectators, but sometimes I have to go alone. Does anyone know of online resources for locating other runners? For example, I'll be in Liverpool for the Half Marathon in March, so I've looked for some Liverpool running resources, or local clubs talking about traveling... I'm not coming up with anything too helpful. Thoughts?

cougie    pirate
06/02/2013 at 10:23
Runners world ? Check out the race threads for the Liverpool Half. I don't think you need another resource - its all on here. Where are you staying in Liverpool ? What do you need to know ?
06/02/2013 at 11:45

Hiya Travelin Chick!

I've used JoggingBuddy.com and have found other people to run with on here in the past. I've also found Twitter really, really useful for finding other runners and have arranged catch ups before and after races successfully. I'm not going to be patronising about using common sense etc ... Twitter's also been fantastic for discussing routes to and from races and kit required etc!

Hope this helps!

cougie    pirate
06/02/2013 at 12:13
David - the potholes are the biggest threat to car wheels in Liverpool these days !
06/02/2013 at 16:45

I have a hotel near the race start/finish. It's not so much that I need tips about the city or the race... I am mostly looking for other people to hang out with. I have a local friend but he'll be out of town for part of my trip. With the race being on St. Patrick's Day, it would especially be fun to have others to go out with.

cougie    pirate
06/02/2013 at 16:53
This is the thread for the event - introduce yourself on here -

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/events/liverpool-half-marathon-2013/191847-6.html

Have fun !
06/02/2013 at 17:08

Thanks!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.