Long time subscribers

We want to hear from you...

41 to 49 of 49 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
10/07/2013 at 06:10

Sorry Annie, as a long-term runner (more than 50 years)  I haven't subscribed for many years due to most of the points made above by others. I'll occasionally buy a copy but quite honestly I find very little in it to interest me. The mag is great for new runners but has virtually nothing for the veterans, of which there are more and more now. I agree the US version is better. So is the German one.

And I also endorse the points about the forum problems - there are now so many irritating faults that it almost looks like you are trying to get rid of us! I do not wish to switch to Tri Talk forum but so many of the people on here I consider friends are disappearing from the RW forums - which incidentally is an incorrect term, the plural of forum is fora.

Whose idea was it to get rid of our Pirate symbol????

Edited: 10/07/2013 at 06:35
12/07/2013 at 10:58

41 messages & all but a small handful of them negative...As a running coach I say to my athletes that death or injury aside, the worst thing that can happen when you make a mistake is that you don't learn from it.

RW (Annie) your subscribers have spoken, for the future of the magazine you need to react & remedy the (many) aforementioned areas.

12/07/2013 at 13:13

In about the 3 years that i've been a subscriber I find that alot of the articales are aimed at runners who are just starting out...

12/07/2013 at 16:46

Just been reading this month's Running Fitness and in RW's defence realise it wouldn't have meant much to me as a beginner - far too in depth!  But - 2 years on I have learnt so much that RW too basic - so - looking back - good for a year or two but then I had to move on.  Maybe one mag can't ever please everyone - I don't want to pay for 'how to run your first 5k/10k' over and over again!

Edited: 12/07/2013 at 16:46
14/07/2013 at 17:51

Subscribed when I started running, but then after about 2 years cancelled for same reasons as most of the above, everything was repeated and there was very little comment on the actual running 'scene' it is all a bit removed from what actually goes on out there.

Also I bought it as a running mag, and the ever increasing lose weight fast articles are not what I would expect to see in a running mag, if I wanted those sort of things I would buy  "Lunatic Dieting Weekly" or something.

SeaLark wrote (see)

RW (Annie) your subscribers have spoken, for the future of the magazine you need to react & remedy the (many) aforementioned areas.

Unfortunately SL if its anything like the website, don't hold your breath.

09/08/2013 at 15:24

cancelled my dd a few weeks ago.  I have subscribed for ages and realised the other day I don't even un wrap them anymore!! Just have piles and piles of them and then throw them in the recycling bin.  Sadly they do not have anything of interest to me anymore, I have been running 21 years, don't need to lose weight, had a lot of the injuries etc etc...

XX1
09/08/2013 at 21:46

There's a new kid on the block: Sports Direct .COM magazine...  Don't know if it's as bad as RW though 

XX1
11/08/2013 at 22:26

I'm in a similar boat; been reading for about 4 years and would never buy it at full price (£4.50?!) for the same reasons as everyone else. I'll try and make this thread slightly more positive though, there are still a few bits worth reading for subscribers.

In particular I do really enjoy the features which have a couple of pages worth of reading on something interesting that I haven't heard before eg. the one about that man who ran around the world or the feature on Chris Brasher. It's always a bit of a disappointment if this feature spot is filled with "run yourself happy", "running makes you thin" etc.  Surely there must be enough interesting runners and projects out there to put in a more original one every week?
I'll stand up for Tonky Talk too, I quite like the regular columns even if nobody else seems to!

Other things I would like to see:

Interviews with famous runners/ex runners/coaches.
News eg. brief reports on the world cross country or the diamond league. It seems bizzare to me that for a sport like football the magazine would be full of the premiership news but from reading RW you would thing running was a purely amateur sport.
....But maybe it's just me that finds this interesting?

23/08/2013 at 10:18

Concidering cancelling as well as No longer value for money, and The help you get is not forth coming when you have a problem

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 49 of 49 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.