looking for a change from Nike Air Pegasus..can anyone help?

8 messages
24/04/2012 at 21:38

I have run in Nike Air Pegasus for years and been very happy. Tried Nike Zoom and Brooks but always ended up going back to Pegasus...however, I'm thinking I might fancy a change of brand..so can anyone recommend a trainer similar to Nike Air Pegasus for support, bounciness etc?

(as an overweight runner Brooks just weren't bouncy enough for me and Zoom were too bouncy...I'm like a fat Goldilocks!)

25/04/2012 at 14:47

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Unless you're looking to change technique i.e. changing from heel/midfoot/forefoot striking to something else, why change something that you're happy with?

25/04/2012 at 14:55
hmm...yep, maybe you're right...I just really like the look of Adidas BUT they only get covered in mud after 2wks anyway don't they?
26/04/2012 at 16:55

New Balance 1064

26/04/2012 at 17:54
ploddinglady wrote (see)
hmm...yep, maybe you're right...I just really like the look of Adidas BUT they only get covered in mud after 2wks anyway don't they?

I run in Pegasus too. When  I tried a pair of neutral Adidas they felt really heavy & clunky in comparison
27/04/2012 at 13:21

I tried shifting away from Nike Structure Triax / Nike Pegasus (I flip between the two depending upon weight - if I'm carrying a few extra pounds I wear the structure for the better support / motion control) last year into Adidas - they didn't suit my gait, and I ended up picking up a piriformis injury as a result. The minute I cast them aside and went back to the trusty Nikes the injury went away.

Now I will never consider anything other than Nikes - I too have learnt the lesson 'If it's not broke don't fix it!'

27/04/2012 at 13:51
I have used Nike for years and years and years...and still running strong in them. I used to run in only Pegasus but now tend to buy structure triax due to their superb comfort and arch support although I am not a pronator...over the years when I have attempted to change brand and try for example saucony  but I have always returned to my good old Nikes
27/04/2012 at 20:57
I ran in pegasus. I now prefer NIKE VOMEROS  Some reviews say they are "too spongy";but I love the cushioned feeling. i am now on my 5th pair. I did try Brooks Ghost;but the cushioning was inferior and I noe only use them for shorter runs.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.