Looking for run partner in Milton Keynes

3 messages
16/08/2013 at 11:46

Hi all,

I am currently looking for a running partner in Milton Keynes. I go running on my own quite a bit and would be nice to find someone to go running with. I am not  a faster runner and I am doing about 5K at the moment but I can do 10K but only in colder weather. I did a 10K movember race last November.

Please get in touch

16/08/2013 at 13:35

Hi Tara.  I don't live in MK but I'm a 2nd claim member of an excellent MK club called DLRR (David Lloyd Redway Runners).  I joined them as they are a lovely bunch of people and very sociable/ encouraging - we recently jogged at the back of the MK half playing musical instruments.  They cater really well for all sorts of runners and you'd meet a lot of people who are similar to you.  They are also very cheap to join.

Have you tried the MK parkrun? It's a free 5k run every Saturday at Willen Lake. You'd also meet a lot of people there, if you don't find anyone on here. 

Hope you find some running company soon.

07/09/2013 at 15:26

hi tara 

look at the club website for DLRR  - club has over 450 memebers, all abilities , and  group runs from 2 miles to sunday runs over 2 hours + 

something for everyone, and all really friendly 

also +1 for MK parkrun at willen , we go most saturdays  - PB this morning  - woo hoo 

http://www.redwayrunners.com/

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.