LSR on fridays....

Is this odd?

1 to 20 of 54 messages
09/09/2009 at 14:15

Judging by most peoples training schedules and plans, the norm seems to be a LSR on sundays...

Why does everyone do this? Is there an unwritten rule i am missing...?

I love my LSR on Fridays... Is this just odd...? 5pm, work has finished for the week, get changed, run home... between 15-18 miles usually... home in time for shower and tea. Can enjoy the rest of the weekend knowing i've done it. Even have a few well deserved cheeky pints to recover

What do you all do for your weekly LSRs....?

09/09/2009 at 14:17
If I started my LSR after work on a friday the pub would be shut by the time I'd finished!
09/09/2009 at 14:18

Not odd if you're in Dubai where friday is the weekend !!

09/09/2009 at 14:18

I guess its because most people only have time for a long run at the weekend?.

Mine is normally Sunday, I'd struggle to do anything over 6-7 miles in the week.

09/09/2009 at 14:23

I can only fit my long run in when my husband is home to look after the children. If I went for my long run after seven in the evening it would be horrendously late before I got home.

If I am in training for a specific race and can't run at the weekend then I will take a run during the week. It just means a very late night before I am home. And I need all the beauty sleep I can get.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
09/09/2009 at 14:29

Mine is tomorrow this week.

Feels a bit odd making sure I've drunk enough and munched a bucket of pasta on a Wednesday. Family wedding all weekend, so away......

09/09/2009 at 14:35
I'm a shift worker so have to fit my LSR around my days off but I do enjoy the variety of it but am looking forward to doing it on Sunday this week as I am off for once hurrah!!!!!
09/09/2009 at 14:43

When I was doing them, (hopefully will be fit and ready to go soon) Saturday morning was favourite, and would get home in time to have a shower and lunch made by hubby, then a bit of shopping in the afternoon.

Sj

LIVERBIRD    pirate
09/09/2009 at 14:45

You're not running far enough SJ if you can have a shower and then go shopping!

I do my run Saturday morning, have a shower and fall asleep!

zzzzzzzzzz.....................

09/09/2009 at 14:45
Normally do mine on a Saturday...as then I can have a drinkie on a Sat ngiht.....and then another long run on a sunday sometiems
09/09/2009 at 14:47
I've switched from Sunday to Saturday morning... that way its over and done with and I can relax with a glass (bottle) of wine on Saturday night knowing that I've earned every single one of those empty calories.  I dont seem to have the energy to do anything longer than 5 miles after work during the week.
09/09/2009 at 14:52
There is something about getting up at 6:30 on a sunday, getting out when the world is so quiet its surreal, getting the long run done, coming back and having a lovely Sunday brekkie, a nice shower, then lazing on the sofa watching F1, MotoGP or WSBK!!!, and maybe a little doze after that
09/09/2009 at 14:53
Would it not then be abbreviated to LFR ?
09/09/2009 at 14:54
WSBK? What's that?
09/09/2009 at 14:55

I do my LSR on a Monday at the moment because it's my study day and I don't have work.  The place I run is filled with families on bicycles on Sundays, but on Mondays it's bliss because I find myself in the middle of nowhere, river on one side, woods and field on t'other, birds tweeting, rabbits lolloping across the path.  Sigh.  Back to a 5-day week soon, so I'll be using some of my other routes or getting up really early on Sundays.

I've realised that evening running disturbs my sleep patterns, so early morning running suits me best.

09/09/2009 at 14:57

WSBK = World Superbike

09/09/2009 at 14:58

I tend to switch between Saurday and Sunday, depending on what I've got going on that weekend but will sometimes do a LSR mid-week if my weekend is too busy.

I usually run quite late anyway so don't mind that but, as my longer routes tend to to involve a couple of streches of canal or country lane, I prefer not to do them in the dark - I'd probably have to do 4 circuits of town to make up a 12 miler!

09/09/2009 at 15:08

I'm just not a morning person, i've tried the early runs, and it's just not me.

Much prefer after work or midday on weekends.

There are quite a few pubs on my LSR home, so i love seeing people out drinking on a friday after work... thinking... thatll be me in a bit   i do get strange looks though, people thinking wierdo running on a friday night!?!?

09/09/2009 at 15:53
I do mine on a Saturday morning for the same reason as Dan.  Moto GP and a snooze after.  Come on Rossi  *waves little yellow flag*
09/09/2009 at 15:56
Bah, not ANOTHER Rossi fan
1 to 20 of 54 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.