Lucozade gels???

Where they gone???

21 to 36 of 36 messages
20/10/2012 at 15:57

Tylertonka,

I have at least 10 Lucozade gels sitting here at home I will happily send you if you cover the cost of postage.  I have used Lucozade gels for my past 3 marathons this year but have got a tad fed up with the effect they have of my stomach.  I am currently training for the Thames Trot 50 and have decided to go down the route of 'real food' as I find I am actually bloody hungry when running, despite the number of gels I take.  I went out today and ran a comfortable 18 miles having eaten a banana beforehand and whilst munching on 4 sausage rolls and an Elevenses bar.  I must say I felt alot better for it and didn't need any more energy than they gave me.  A cup of tea and bowl of soup sorted me out once I got home.

As I said, you're more than welcome to the gels as I think I've seen the last of them.

20/10/2012 at 15:58
Ultra cougie wrote (see)
Gels take 20 mins or so to kick in anyway - so if you're feeling the benefit of them its probably just psychological.

That's why I take them in plenty of time - around 8 miles on training runs, and just before half way in the halfs I've also used the gels to give me a boost when running before breakfast. It's probably a case of getting used to it again, because I don't often run before breakfast, but I've found I struggle with any sort of distance without them.

21/10/2012 at 13:28

Try Boots as I got a load for 50p in there!Probably as they are being discontinued?They still had long expiry dates so wasnt sure why they were so cheap!

When selecting gels i buy one of each type and flavour to see what I like and works best! 

27/10/2012 at 18:47
Hi all..finally got a reply from lucozade...............

'Thank you for your enquiry regarding our Lucozade Body Fuel Energy Gels.

Unfortunately this product in question has been discontinued and it is being replaced by a new Lucozade Sport gel, which is coming out in the near future. You should be able to purchase this on the Lucozade website.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused due to this.'

So that answers that one! just wish I'd stocked up now!

I have tried a High5 which went down v easy so may use these between times but I like to stick with what works for me so will keep an eye on lucozade website!

Cheers again all, especially the v kind offer from Liz (may dm you and take you up on that!).

Tonka
28/10/2012 at 06:40

No probem Tonka, they're still sat in my cupboard and will prob not be used by me now.  (I'm off for an 18 miler this morning with my sausage rolls and Ritz biscuits!!)

29/10/2012 at 11:18

Hi All,Our Lucozade Sport Carbo Gels are currently available in Asda stores, these will also be back in stock on our online shop in January.ThanksLucozade Sport Running

29/10/2012 at 13:27

Hi Tonka.  I always used to use Lucozade gels on my long runs too.  I tried Hi5's (as they were being given out on a Half that I did) and ZipVit gels, but both gave me a bad tummy towards the end of races

When my local Boot's stopped stocking Lucozade gels a couple of months ago they replaced them with Nectar gels (which are made by the For Goodness Shakes people) and were great, more fluidy than most so go down without water, taste great and the only slight downside is they are something like 35g of carbs where as some I'd tried were 45-60g?  Maybe that's why they didn't mess my tummy up?!?  Boot's also did the SIS ones which were 60g of carbs ish, and can come with caffine, but I thought they tastes awful and again, killed my guts!

Good thing about Boots is they quite often have them on 3for2

Hope that helps?

16/04/2013 at 18:32
Ive always found lucozade to be the best and its not a
Psychological effect as the others don't give me that relief from heavy leg syndrome. I only use them in marathons though I'm disappointed they are discontinued I've just tried to get some myself for manchester marathon and still not on web site
16/04/2013 at 20:22
I got some from ?dolphin fitness? via Amazon.
16/03/2014 at 11:04

sorry to drag up an old thread but just wondering if anyone knows if they sell the new dual energy Lucozade gels in any supermarkets / shops rather than ordering off internet. I believe this is whats handed out in VLM so wanted to try them out beforehand.

16/03/2014 at 11:43
Same problem here. I haven't been able to find any either. For VLM last year I just carried some SIS ones that I know work. I will probably do the same this year.
16/03/2014 at 11:51

bit off topic, but I did a half marathon yesterday were they had 'tasteless' electrolyte drinks? Is this just some kind of tablet / powder mixed with water or something you can actually buy in bottles? Pretty much all the usual flavoured sports drinks make me feel sick after a while so if this is just as beneficial then sounds like a good option 

18/03/2014 at 22:30

Myprotein does unflavoured electrolyte powder - never tried it myself though

19/03/2014 at 08:27

I've since found out it was something called elete. Website seems to suggest ultra runners use it. Don't think I'll bother with it, as surely with it being zero calories, you'd still need to take gels / drink lucozade or alternative anyway.

19/03/2014 at 16:01

I've started using the unflavoured TriCarb powder mixer from myprotein on my longer runs and during HMs and I've found it to be really helpful.  I always seem to need some sort of kick about 2/3 of the way round and when I'm hot and sweaty I can't stand the thought of anything sweet and if I try to force it down it just makes me gag so I've found it to be a useful substitute.  I'm still waiting for someone to do a cheese or Twiglets flavoured sports drink.

24/03/2014 at 12:14

+1 for High5 , use them for marathons and associated training , dont use any for shorter distances , easy to get down , citrus burst and raspberry(caffeine). Though i'm a sucker for a small bag of jellytots at about mile 18 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.