manchester athletics tracks

open to public?

4 messages
07/08/2012 at 21:32

Evening everyone, I usually run the odd 5/10k but the olympics has got me all excited i was curious if there were any athletic tracks in manchester thats open to the public either free or a couple quid. Cheers

07/08/2012 at 21:58

Don't know how much it is but there's this one in Salford: http://www.salford.gov.uk/cleavleytrack.htm

07/08/2012 at 22:08

thanks i'll look into it, see if i have what it takes to end Bolts reign of terror lol

08/08/2012 at 19:54

I went to the track at Sportcity a few weeks ago. It was on the Friday night of the Olympic opening, and my husband and I were the only people there. They have clubs and events on Mon-Thu, although you can train alongside some. Fri-Sun seems to be open to the public, though they advise you to phone and check. I'll certainly be going back (I'm out of the country at the moment). I think it was £3:50 each

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.