Marathon recovery

4 messages
28/10/2010 at 11:07

Interested in views on marathon recovery - completed the Palma marathon on 17 October (3:31) and have registered for the Jedburgh half on 31 October - a two week gap. Did 3 days recovery runs 2, 3 and 3 miles on 3 consecutive days right after Palma and a couple of faster 5-6 milers since. legs feel 'ok', though still not sure how they will cope with a half so soon after a marathon. Some think it is too soon, some others think it will be ok, as long as I'm not deluded into think ing a PB is possible.

Any views?

29/10/2010 at 16:41

Rule of thumb says 1 day of recovery per mile raced.

Not sure if two weeks is enough time, but if you feel ok then go for it. Listen to your body but don't go out expecting a PB. If it happens it happens, otherwise just enjoy the scenary and atmosphere.

31/10/2010 at 07:41
Thanks - I'll report back later today! Enjoyment rather than a time is the focus.
01/11/2010 at 07:34
Enjoyed the course, and managed to shave a couple of minutes off my PB so am delighted with my time of 1.31. Conditions were excellent, no wind, beautiful day and great atmosphere.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.