marathon

7 messages
15/08/2013 at 14:56

Im running my first marathon in April (Greater Manchester) how long should I leave it after completing this before attempting another?

18/08/2013 at 12:17

I do know people that have run Brighton and then the following week run London so i suppose it depends on how fit you are whether you want a time at both how fast you recover from the first one only you will know whether you’re up to another one or not

cougie    pirate
18/08/2013 at 12:44
I'd want a couple of months between first and second marathons. After my first - I couldn't walk for a week - let alone contemplate a run.

What race are you contemplating ?
19/08/2013 at 16:31

The top people would do no more than 2 a year 1 would be ideal. It really depends how serious you are about running your best time each outing.

22/08/2013 at 08:48

Its all individual, I did one in April, got next one in September. It depends how used you are to longer distance running. Ever since I did my first marathon, I often go out for 15-16 mile training runs, so to go do another marathon I don't have to take my training from such a low level again.

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
22/08/2013 at 10:48

Yes, I agree, back when I was still running marathons I used to regularly go for long runs on the weekend, I never really had to bump my training up much for the next race but  then I'm one of those peculiar people who thoroughly enjoy running long distances.

22/08/2013 at 19:41
Bionic Ironwolf wrote (see)

Yes, I agree, back when I was still running marathons I used to regularly go for long runs on the weekend, I never really had to bump my training up much for the next race but  then I'm one of those peculiar people who thoroughly enjoy running long distances.

Your not alone. I did half marathons for several years, but now I cannot do anything but long distance, and I want to see how far I can go. Take pride in it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.