'Mature' runners.

Older runners meet here.

181 to 200 of 167,189 messages
29/01/2003 at 09:31
Meerkat.
What's cold? I think you've missed out a word.
JJ
29/01/2003 at 09:45
Ooops. You're right, JJ. That should have read: My, it's cod. (Contemplating fish for supper and wondering what the local fish monger has on offer.)
29/01/2003 at 09:50
MK
Did you now it's their profession that makes them selfish? (Daily Mail Bumper Fun Book 1947 again).
JJ
29/01/2003 at 09:52
Morning, people.

<wipes snout on sleeve>

How are you all today? :)
29/01/2003 at 10:01
LISTEN EVERYONE.
I want to be a very fast runner in the Over 60 age group. I would dearly like to talk to anyone over 60 who runs substantially faster than my times posted below.

10k 47.25
10m 1hr 21
1/2m 1hr 47

If there's anyone out there that you know fits the description please ask them to contact this thread so that we can all compare notes.

Burnt Out Everard. You should be first to apply.
JJ
29/01/2003 at 10:05
I'll keep my eyes peeled, JJ, but you're the champ.
Morning, Piglet. How's the cold?
29/01/2003 at 10:12
Hi Piglet. Hope you're feeling at least marginally better. The suits OK now I've sponged it down with TCP but it smells like an A & E unit.
Different suit today though, light grey with very pale mauve YSL shirt and light grey tie with tiny spots. CK black unmentionables clean this morning (I change them every six months whether they need it or not).
I know n-one cares what I'm wearing but I'm always hopeful that it will start a new line of conversation!
JJ
29/01/2003 at 10:32
Morning all you southern softies, its not cold its bloody freezing, still got the thermals on, liberty bodice at the ready just in case we get a really cold snap.
29/01/2003 at 10:55
Morning WW.
Careful with the 'softies' bit. Take you on at anything you'd like to name including
Quidditch.
JJ
29/01/2003 at 10:56
Bog snorkeling?
29/01/2003 at 11:06
Given the headlines today I just have to ask Wee Piglet THE question:

Do you have toys in your Pigsty?

If not, in line with the new DEFRA guidance, the forum will club together and get you some.

Now just what sort of toys do you like??
29/01/2003 at 11:20
Slow Jo
Snork boggling. Frog bottling. DEFRA guiding. As I said, you name it.
JJ
29/01/2003 at 11:29
JJ give us a clue what is Quidditch.
29/01/2003 at 11:33
Morning meerkat - the cold's much better today, thanks. I was let down last night on the Veggy Cough Remover front - still haven't got my crubeens on it - but am looking forward to sampling it. I hope you're well (apart from that painful peeling thing you're doing with your little eyes!)

Morning JJ. I feel better today, thank you, and am glad to hear that you managed to scrub all the nasty gubbins off your suit. Today's outfit sounds really lovely! I particularly like your taste in shirts, but I'm v. sorry to hear about the little spots on your tie. Do you think it might be contagious? I wouldn't get too close if I were you.
:-(
29/01/2003 at 11:37
sfh legs - I have <snuffle> no toys at all in my little sty <piglet's little lip begins to tremble>.

I'd like an Action Pig, please, and I think a little bouncy ball would be fun :-)

(Umm.... Would some sort of video game machine be out of the question?)
29/01/2003 at 11:38
Erm... and perhaps a little trampoline??

bounce! bounce! bounce!
bounce! bounce! bounce!
bounce! bounce! bounce!

Squeal!!!!!
29/01/2003 at 11:46
WW Quidditch is the broomstick-bound game played by Harry Potter and chums. Sort of Aussie Rules goalposts with basketball hoops on played in 3D on a sort of polo sized pitch. Judging by your picture you'd be pretty good at it (is that a Nimbus 2000? Mrs Fox flies one of those...)

BTW have you seen a post on Gear thread (Asics DS trainers) by 'Run 4 your life'? Deja vu or what?
29/01/2003 at 12:01
Well Wee P the new Euro directive is cleary snuffing out the right sort of truffles for piglets. The thought of toys really does seem to have brightened up our poor cold and snuffly piggywig.

Apparently this is necessary to stop piglets chewing each other.

so:

A piglet on a rebounder - too dangerous trotters would slip through the webbing
A piglet playing video games - not really "environemental enrichment
An action man : the thought of a piglet chewing on an "action man" makes me blush
A nice bouncy ball, now thats the sort of "manipulable material" the man form the ministry had in mind.

keep squealing
29/01/2003 at 12:04
WW
Guess you don't need any more explanation!

Piglet.
Actually the spots could be tomato pips or from saucering my tea when it's too hot - or just from inconsiderate sneezers.
Have you thought of reclining in the trough with a decent crossword?
JJ
29/01/2003 at 12:10
Witchie.
I've been meaning to ask this for a long time. What's the names of your two friends in Macbeth. I need to know 'cos I think they work here. Definitely test pilot material for a broom factory.
JJ
181 to 200 of 167,189 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.