'Mature' runners.

Older runners meet here.

241 to 260 of 166,383 messages
29/01/2003 at 17:59
I will start an original pome and try to raise the tone a bit as you suggested Chimp.

' Last night in gay Barnsley
I paid 10p to see
A buxom blonde lady
Tattooed from head to knee.
On her jaw
was a British man o' war
and on her back
was a union jack
so I paid 10p more'.

Totally original, no plagiarism. Carry on from there Chimp.
JJ
29/01/2003 at 18:01
This is the second time I have tried to tune into info for/from/about "mature" runners on this website. It is not worth wading through all the sillyness to try to get anything of any seriousness or use, and trying is a turn-off and really insulting. I would suggest to anyone who feels as I do to go to the USA RW website at www.runnersworld.com .....There is an excellent, warm and informative long-standing section for Masters there, and I would like to challenge any jokers to try to amuse themselves there. Sorry, but I cannot stand ageism and couldn't even when I was six. To anyone who gloats at his/her immaturity (a) is being a baby something to blast about? (b) so you think that you are not going to grow up someday per force? at least physically? Won't be coming back on here, so don't bother talking back.
29/01/2003 at 18:01
To laugh is to risk appearing a fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach out for another is to risk involvement.
To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self.
To place your ideas, your dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss.
To love is to risk not being loved in return. To live is to risk dying.
To hope is to risk despair.
To try is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken.
Because the greatest hazard in life to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing and is nothing
29/01/2003 at 18:02
I hereby declare my poetry contributions over for now, going home soon to do my tax return - won't that delight the government?
29/01/2003 at 18:02
Leave that one with me JJ

(anyone know what rhymes with rodriguez??)
29/01/2003 at 18:07
I would like to direct those interested in this topic to the USA RW site at www.runnersworld.com, where there is an excellent, main section for "Masters". Unfortunately immature runners here have to completely clog things up and ruin it....like you won't grow up someday? At least physically?
29/01/2003 at 18:12
Strange lady. But she did come back after all.
JJ
29/01/2003 at 18:14
Chimp. Gwyneth - except that it doesn't scan as it stands.
JJ
29/01/2003 at 18:20
I've just had a look at the above site, threads look interesting, supportive etc. Nice.

Not sure I can see much difference between what is said on the .com and what is said on the .co.uk site, it's a question of which threads you read.

Perhaps JJ would like to comment on the purpose, membership and ethos of this thread...? :-)
29/01/2003 at 18:30
<Wee Piglet scampers up to Billow and smiles, winningly, whilst extending a trotter>

Hello, Billow :)

Would you like a piece of my HH wicking undie?

<Piglet trots off to play>

trot trot trot
trot trot trot
trot trot trot

Squeal!!!

29/01/2003 at 18:40
Helen W. Just had a nose round at the U.S. site and it's much the same as here. The main difference seems to be that we take ourselves a bit less seriously and have a greater ability to pi** take.

Purpose. Reduce work productivity.
Membership. JJ and classy broads.
Ethos. Plural ethoses. Don't need them. My shoes fit OK.
JJ
29/01/2003 at 18:59
Gee, does that make me a classy broad? 'Broad' smile
29/01/2003 at 19:03
Is broad a reference to my little piglet shape? Like cool, Man! :-)

<Piglet takes up the American dictionary again, keen to become bi-lingual asap>
29/01/2003 at 19:12
Definitely Helen, definitely. Nothing common on this thread.
Got to go in a minute. Dinner out tonight at a good restaurant so I need shower, shave, find DJ and nick Chimps bow tie for a couple of hours.
A demain tous.
29/01/2003 at 19:22
Coo, lucky JJ lives a life of sophistication and class, designer undies, DJ, good restaurants... envy... envy...
29/01/2003 at 19:26
Goodness we've been attacked again. A little billow the belt I feel. In answer to the good lady's question "Is being a baby something to blast about?" I've had some experience of babies and can confirm that the answer appears to be yes.

Thanks for the poetry everyone, I think I shall read through a thread I don't like and then tell them what I think (well it's better than starting my own thread and generating interest isn't it?).
29/01/2003 at 19:28
A thought. If someone wants to discuss a particular subject in a particular way why not start their own thread? Of course, that won't stop some people from posting frivolous comments occasionally but if there is a large enough audience of interested people it will survive - see Ron Grover's thread as an example.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
29/01/2003 at 19:28
WP - sorry, that's old hat now. The kids now say 'way cool'
29/01/2003 at 19:31
DavidB - looks as if we werer practicing synchronised typing - is that legal?
29/01/2003 at 19:56
Did I miss something with Billow, is this person taking the p!!! or are they serious. If taking the p!!!!, thats ok anything else and I'll ignore them.

JJ I was out there and clubbing it in the late 60's, strutting my stuff in Liverpool and Chester, the fashions of today seem very old hat, been there and done that, mini skirts, monocrome (we had Mary Quant), platform shoes.
241 to 260 of 166,383 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.