'Mature' runners.

Older runners meet here.

82,161 to 82,180 of 138,972 messages
08/01/2005 at 11:05
PS - RD - Hope you have water soon. No water is not fun.

Now, I'm really gone......
Flr
08/01/2005 at 12:32
ugh

nine miles

actually suspect it may have been a touch under, but 98 mins out there today was plenty for me
08/01/2005 at 12:55
Afternoon all,

Well done all you outdoor runners. I'm being a wimp and doing a treddie run later. There are trees down all over the place; the horses are totally mad - their feed buckets kept blowing away this morning and they wouldn't go into their field shelters (because there were spooky beings in there I presume!); some of the contents of our skip have been hurled around the place but amazingly we still have power and phone lines although there's plenty of time for them to go off!!

RD, sorry to hear your water has gone off. We always keep some bottled water for emergencies as we've been caught out before.

I'm busy preparing my fund-raising action plan for the FLM. It's harder than the running ;-)))

Have a great day everyone and I hope none of you suffer any damage at home.
08/01/2005 at 13:10
Hi Redhead (0:
Typical horses!

Have you got your own tready,or do you go to the gym?
08/01/2005 at 13:11
Afternoon all,still considering if I should go out for a run, the wind is whipping off the sea front, think i'll wait and see.
JJ Great mileage
Red hope the GG's are ok
08/01/2005 at 13:20
old an slow-Horses are not intelligent,they have a brain the size of a walnut.They act on instinct not reason . . .
Ok,I'll shut-up!
08/01/2005 at 13:27
goslo- the size of a tangaerine maybe, and I agree def act on instinct
08/01/2005 at 13:32
Think i'll brave it and run to work, bye
08/01/2005 at 13:36
Hi Gozzie and OAS <<waves>> we've got our own treddie (I couldn't afford time in the gym when I was caring for mum so we got one so that I could carry on running and be near enough to keep an eye on her at the same time).

Agree about horses, they are silly creatures but very loveable. They are absolutely fine and grazing happily at the moment but the slightest noise is spooking them.
08/01/2005 at 14:32
Good afternoon peeps. Still overcast, but NO rain. Not bad at all, but I am glad that it's over. I am getting too old for the long miles.

Poor ole horses. I know that they are not mental giants, but they are fun and loveable. My cousin has horses, which are fairly smart. Well, I am sure that she has spent many hours of repetitive training with them. Personally, I believe they are smarter than we give them credit. They do spook easily, but flight is their main line of defence.

Hope all of you are okay, with NO wind or rain damage. Certainly sounds windy in your area.

I have to go to work today. My son and his friends are putting a winch on his friend's truck. I asked if they needed help, but they assured me that they had it under control. "A little bit of screwing and we will be done."

They had better not be talking "wench" or they are in trouble.

I'm gone again....

08/01/2005 at 14:46
Jim -Horses are my passion,and were my life over and above running.
Arabs in particular are intelligent and sensitive.I got on very well with them,the Arab stallion I rode won the AHS Versatile Horse award.
But people DO credit them with more intelligence & decision making skills than the average horse has-which can put both horse and rider in danger
08/01/2005 at 14:50
Hee hee-A friend of mine had a winch fitted on his Landy.My son,full of enthusiasm asked what type of wench it was.
We were in stitches ((0:
08/01/2005 at 14:56
Afternoon all!!

(Have I wandered onto a dating forum by mistake??)

Did my first outside run today since brekking me ankle. 3 plodding miles but it felt good and so far, no reaction. Might try a longer one tomorrow.

Two weeks tomorrow till Brass Monkey. Wibble.
08/01/2005 at 15:00
Hi Chimp (0:

Good news re:your run.
08/01/2005 at 15:12
Afternoon all. Two huge panels of my garden fence blew down last night. Oh dear. Will have to find powerful man with digging tools.
Great to hear you're out again, Chimp.
Hope all are well and not too windswept.
08/01/2005 at 15:13
gos - Impressive award. You and your horse must have worked well as a team. I will let the subject of horse intelligence rest. My cousin was just good with animals. She could handle the horses much better than her father ever could.

Knowing my son's sleeping habits, I am sure that it will be late afternoon before he commences to work. At 1:00 this morning, I did not think to ask for clarification. They put a lot of money in their rides, so I am sure that they are talking "winch".
08/01/2005 at 15:17
Boys and their toys Jim

I'm talking winches,not wenches btw :oD
08/01/2005 at 15:19
Chimp - Well done on your run! Three miles is a LONG distance, especially considering your lay-off. Good luck with your running.

Meer - Sorry to hear about your fence panels. Hope you get it fixed soon. It must be windy all across the UK. Is this typical or extraordinary weather?
08/01/2005 at 15:21
Hi Jim and gossie.
Jim - high winds here last night but not as bad as Carlisle, where the town is cut off by flooding. And poor old Llanwrst in Snowdonia has been flooded again; second time this year.
08/01/2005 at 15:23
Hi MK-Poor you.
I think there must have been alot of structural damage throughout the country.
The wind was howling all night long.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.