'Mature' runners.

Older runners meet here.

82,161 to 82,180 of 139,146 messages
08/01/2005 at 14:50
Hee hee-A friend of mine had a winch fitted on his Landy.My son,full of enthusiasm asked what type of wench it was.
We were in stitches ((0:
08/01/2005 at 14:56
Afternoon all!!

(Have I wandered onto a dating forum by mistake??)

Did my first outside run today since brekking me ankle. 3 plodding miles but it felt good and so far, no reaction. Might try a longer one tomorrow.

Two weeks tomorrow till Brass Monkey. Wibble.
08/01/2005 at 15:00
Hi Chimp (0:

Good news re:your run.
08/01/2005 at 15:12
Afternoon all. Two huge panels of my garden fence blew down last night. Oh dear. Will have to find powerful man with digging tools.
Great to hear you're out again, Chimp.
Hope all are well and not too windswept.
08/01/2005 at 15:13
gos - Impressive award. You and your horse must have worked well as a team. I will let the subject of horse intelligence rest. My cousin was just good with animals. She could handle the horses much better than her father ever could.

Knowing my son's sleeping habits, I am sure that it will be late afternoon before he commences to work. At 1:00 this morning, I did not think to ask for clarification. They put a lot of money in their rides, so I am sure that they are talking "winch".
08/01/2005 at 15:17
Boys and their toys Jim

I'm talking winches,not wenches btw :oD
08/01/2005 at 15:19
Chimp - Well done on your run! Three miles is a LONG distance, especially considering your lay-off. Good luck with your running.

Meer - Sorry to hear about your fence panels. Hope you get it fixed soon. It must be windy all across the UK. Is this typical or extraordinary weather?
08/01/2005 at 15:21
Hi Jim and gossie.
Jim - high winds here last night but not as bad as Carlisle, where the town is cut off by flooding. And poor old Llanwrst in Snowdonia has been flooded again; second time this year.
08/01/2005 at 15:23
Hi MK-Poor you.
I think there must have been alot of structural damage throughout the country.
The wind was howling all night long.
08/01/2005 at 15:28
Meer - The weather sounds nasty, as flooding is rough. Sorry. So......this is NOT a good time of the year to visit UK?
08/01/2005 at 15:29
Thanks, gossie. Yes, it sure was a howling one last night. Things okay your way?
Jim - it may not be the best time, but if you packing canoe, waders, tin hat and digging implements you'll be fine.
08/01/2005 at 15:36
I haven't seen much damage locally,but I've only ventured out to run so far today.
I'll be going in the other direction soon-when toddler wakes up!
08/01/2005 at 15:37
Meer - It sounds too much like WORK. Of course, I like canoeing. My daughter's high school band has been invited to next year's New Year's Day parade. A friend told me that the weather would be nasty, but I did not believe him. It appears that he may be correct. Of course, we do not know yet if the band director will agree to the trip. Big dollars/planning are involved.
08/01/2005 at 15:40
I'm currently listening to Classic Virgin Rock, so have a touch of England today. I was listening to a Classic Rock station in Kansas, but changed it. Those poor people do not know what classic rock music is.
08/01/2005 at 15:41
Correction - Virgin Classic Rock.
08/01/2005 at 15:45
Rock on Jimmy!

Of course the weather would be great if you and your daughter came over :oD
08/01/2005 at 15:47
I was supposed to be going off-roading tomorrow(As in the 4x4 Landrover type!) but apparently the necessary off-roading tyres haven't turned up in time.
I might still go for a look though-They do a mean bacon butty at the tea wagon ! !
08/01/2005 at 16:10
Parade sounds grand, Jim. Would the band actually be playing? Glad you've got a bit of the UK over there. I've just been listening to Our Religion on Napster.
08/01/2005 at 16:17
Afternoon all!

Just back from Aber. I haven't read back in the thread yet.

Had a nice run there - - it was so windy on the sea front I could feel my face being pushed out of shape as if under massive G forces.
08/01/2005 at 16:20
Meer - I have NO idea. However, I believe they would. I know there are several places that they will tour and/or play. Again, no decision has been made YET.

Mike - Welcome back. Sounds as if the breezes were stiff.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.