'Mature' runners.

Older runners meet here.

81 to 100 of 166,646 messages
27/01/2003 at 19:52
Sorry Chimp. Forgot your epic 1-59-59. Bl**dy exhibitionist.
JJ
27/01/2003 at 20:05
Impossible decision time.
Dinner or the Dog & Rabbit. Could still be here in the morning deciding on that one.
JJ
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
27/01/2003 at 20:41
Got to go curl up with my hot water bottle and the wolf pack.
G'night all.
27/01/2003 at 21:22
Hi JJ,

35:20 on my watch so I guess it was short. Bin busy today going to the gym as the weather was fine and then visiting hospital to reassure myself that there were others in a worse state than me.

Just got to the end of page one so must carry on catching up.
27/01/2003 at 21:28
Evening all
27/01/2003 at 21:29
End of page 2,

Agree with whoever it was that questioned the meanong of mature as applied to any thread with JJ and Chimp contributing.

Meerkat, I was concerned about the youngsters losing their chest hair (not back hair) if they have any to lose. If waxing is all that effective it may never grow back and where will they be then. Same with various umentionable piercings, not to mention boob jobs. Your views welcome especially if they provide an old buffer (phew! f is very close to g) with insights into the human condition.

Forget what else I was going to say.

Time to move on to page 3
27/01/2003 at 21:37
Hi Helen,

You're lookin' very dishy. Thought I'd get that one in before anyone else decided to make some inappropriate comment.
27/01/2003 at 21:45
Why thank you kind sir :-)
27/01/2003 at 22:07
Night all
28/01/2003 at 01:36
Hi JJ,
Had my first run for 3 months t'other day.Even tho leg problem seems to have gone, I took it easy and stuck to 3miles.Must say the Winged Horse shoes just purchased suit me fine so lets see if we can fly.
G'night all.
28/01/2003 at 08:22
Morning!

If anybody is interested King Dante, 1.20 at Mussleburgh might be worth a sniff. Royal Wanderer made me a few pennies last year but outclassed today I suspect. DON'T use life savings!
28/01/2003 at 08:23
Morning Norah!!
28/01/2003 at 08:39
Hi all.
Norah. I'll see how that one does before I get you to start marking my card!

Burnt Out Everard. That's too bl**dy fast for someone of your age. Slow down man .

Lincoln Imp. Glad to know that you're on the mend. Make haste slowly though. Keep dropping in with a progress report.

And to anyone else who's interested, I've booked a weekly sports massage with a local physio starting Tuesday next week. I intend to have a very hard training weekend (now packing the miles in for the FLM) that would normally take me a day or three to get over and see what difference the massage makes to the recovery process.
JJ
28/01/2003 at 08:50
Burnt Out Everard.
I'd like to deal with two points confidentially. Do I get the idea that you're questioning my maturity? I'll have you know that I am guaranteed to be the oldest teenager in the business - bar none. I'll take anyone over to the hooligans thread who says otherwise.

The other point is to make it quite clear that I noticed you chatting up Helen W. It's disgusting what some old men will get up to. You just be careful otherwise your 35 min. 5 miles will go for a Burton.
JJ
28/01/2003 at 09:23
Morning, mature ones. Too early in the morning to think about hairy chests so here's a norf London squirrel report: boldest squirrel has discovered that if he lurks and looks cute when I open the back door to let my cat out in the morning, he can train me to give him monkey nuts. Great. Outwitted by a rodent with a posh tail.
28/01/2003 at 09:26
It's amazing what a good marketing team can do for a rat meerkat.

Morning all. Interesting photo Helen...
28/01/2003 at 09:28
...and has anyone else noticed this questionable habit of forumites using photos of themselves looking much younger than they actually are? Name and shame, that's what I say.
28/01/2003 at 09:31
You're right, Glenn. I nominate Chimp - that sweet bowtie is clearly the one he used to wear to birthday parties when he was a chimplet.
There's also that chap who, in his later years, has a beard...but I can't remember who he is.
28/01/2003 at 09:37
There used to be a guy round here name of Tim who looked just like an ironing board. Haven't seen him for months.
28/01/2003 at 09:46
Morning Chaps and Chappesse's

What a brilliant day - Sun Shining Light Breeze and lots to do in the office..whoooooo.

Quite agree with people having misleading photos' Pickkies shopuld be up to date and show the real person. Didn't Mim try and start a campaign for real photo's that we all joined or something?
81 to 100 of 166,646 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.