101 to 120 of 166,987 messages
28/01/2003 at 09:49
<sneeze, snuffle>

Hello people,

Anyone else got a rotten cold?

<sneeze, snot>

Whoops...
28/01/2003 at 09:49
That's because he's very pressed for time.
28/01/2003 at 09:50
Morning all, well I'll not have to change my photo, thats how I look first thing in the morning, maybe a bit of an improvement thru the day as I grow into my face but not much.

28/01/2003 at 09:52
Morning BtS and Wee Piglet. Wee P - sorry about the cold. Have you tried the wonderful Vegetable Cough Remover?
28/01/2003 at 10:10
Morning all,

Goodness this thread has moved on at a pace, and we've picked up some new'uns as well, good show. Of to peruse the forums (and WeeP's webpage) I may be gone some time.
28/01/2003 at 10:13
DB - you just keep away from the new bra thread on Gear....ohmygod - what have I just said...
28/01/2003 at 10:28
Thanks Meerkat but I found it on my own. I think I have adopted a mature attitude this time.
28/01/2003 at 10:29
Meerkat and PB - many thanks for the tips re: chicken soup (yummy! I have a chicken carcass - maybe I'll make some...) and the interestingly entitled Vegetable Cough Remover! Meerkat - where can I get the VCR?

Hello DavidB! Sigh.....
;-)
28/01/2003 at 10:36
Hi Piglet - I swear by the oddly named Potters Vegetable Cough Remover. You can get it from Holland and Barrett, some of the other health food chains and big branches of Boots. It's a herbal cough syrup with loads of weird ingredients (skunk cabbage, for instance), and it tastes of liquorice. I don't normally go in for herbal stuff, but I think this is the bee's knees for colds and coughs.
28/01/2003 at 10:40
Many thanks, Meerkat - I'll get some today and report back later :)
28/01/2003 at 10:50
WeeP: thought you were a little over-familiar with Iain on the homepage thread. If it wasn't for that picture of you lying on the desk...

Where was I, oh yes, great website BTW XXX
28/01/2003 at 13:39
Eeerm Chimp?

Don't like to say too much, buuuuut,
Royal Wanderer, 3rd, 33-1.!!!!!!!!

Also had Bit O Magic in't first but only a virtual bet - dagnabit!

Very Happy NORAH
28/01/2003 at 13:41
Back from office reorganisation meeting. How to get twice as many people in the same area. It's getting so cosy I'll postpone my retirement.

Meerkat. If I lurk and look cute I tend to get arrested. I obviously need a false tail.

Wee P. Use your hankie. I don't want a messy thread.

Witchie. Do you really look like that first thing in the morning? You sleep in a pointy hat? Doesn't the broom cause some discomfort?
JJ
28/01/2003 at 14:58
Bought some new shoes a couple of weeks ago by mail order. I thought I would get a few more days of "rest" before they arrived. When the postie came neither me nor any of my neighbours were in so it was taken back to the depot for me to collect. Two weeks later I still hadn't been so the b*****ds tried again and this time they caught me. Even worse they're a very comfy fit (the shoes, not the postman). Bugger, looks like I shall have to go running sometime, any advice?
28/01/2003 at 15:04
DavidB
Put the paper back in the toes. It's supposed to be there otherwise they wouldn't supply it. The shoes will probably be too small and you can send them back and start again.
JJ
28/01/2003 at 15:06
Thanks, DavidB, for your kind words about my website :)

Hmmm... maybe you should put the new shoes to soak in a tub in the garden for a few days before you use them. You don't want blisters, now!

Johnny J - <SNEEZE!!!! Splat.....> Oh, no! I'm terribly sorry! Here, let me wipe you down... <blush>

<piglet trots off with tail between legs>

trot trot
trot
!!!sneeze!!!

28/01/2003 at 15:06
Own tail I hope.
28/01/2003 at 15:08
Thanks guys, I'm always amazed at how friendly and supportive you forumites are. I've put the paper back and they're agony on my feet now. Also on closer inspection I've noticed that they are not laced up properly!! I shall demand a refund.
28/01/2003 at 15:10
Chimp!!! xxx Where have you been?? It's nice to see you again :)

Own tail? Of course not! My own tail isn't long enough to reach down that far! You Chimps don't seem to know much about piglet geography :) No, this is an oxtail that I found lying in the corner, and I'll be putting it in with the chicken carcass to make the chicken soup that Pernickety Butt recommended earlier.
28/01/2003 at 15:14
DavidB
No need to explain about the shoes/postman, it couldn't be anything else. 'They' is plural so it has to be the shoes; the postman is singular
Bet someone says it should be they 'are'!
Pedantry rules.
JJ
101 to 120 of 166,987 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.