'Mature' runners.

Older runners meet here.

141 to 160 of 167,317 messages
28/01/2003 at 15:52
Hey, JJ - you sound like an extremely snappy dresser! I particularly like the sound of your pale yellow shirt :) What's up with the tie, though? I thought you besuited blokes used ties and socks as an opportunity for a bit of wild self expression? (Waistcoat linings too, of course!)

Knickers, though? Hmmm... Did you realise that Helly Hansen make wicking briefs? Terrifying, eh? They have them in my local running shop right next to the counter, and I confess that they fascinate me... whenever I see them I think of the knicker thread....
28/01/2003 at 15:56
Mens or womens wicking briefs, WP?
<snigger>
28/01/2003 at 15:59
Piglet. Is that anything like a Welsh dresser? No, it's not my birthday now and anyway you wouldn't notice if it was - it's far too cold. I'm actually a Virgo.
Sits back and waits for the obvious snappy one-liners that are about to appear.
JJ
28/01/2003 at 16:03
I think they must be men's, Meerkat - I haven't dared take them out of the box for a closer inspection, but that's how they look on the little drawing...
28/01/2003 at 16:10
The Calvin Kleins are definitely mens - they've just worked correctly - didn't have to sit down. Never seen mens' wicky drawers. I frequently wear wicky tee-shirts under an ordinary shirt and they're very comfortable.
JJ
28/01/2003 at 16:23
I was going to say something smutty about wicking - but I'm brought up short by your being a virgo, JJ. I lived with one of those once - he was a perfectionist and insisted on doing my washing. Also seemed to be capable of living on 50p a week. Tell me you're not like that...
Anyway, WP, about this picture on the box...
28/01/2003 at 16:38
Meerkat.
Help out from time to time with domestic chores but suffer no compulsion to take over. As far as spending goes, I am trying my best to make sure that no-one inherits anything when I snuff it. Result - very high standard of living but a problem if the boiler (central heating sort) blows up.
JJ
28/01/2003 at 16:41
That picture on the box could have been one of my more recent modelling assignments.

Did you see the one I did called 'Not all men are born equal'?
JJ

Who's writing this ridiculous script?
28/01/2003 at 16:57
Phew, that's a relief. I think WP should obtain, by any means, said picture, so that we can compare and contrast.
28/01/2003 at 17:07
I'll see what I can do, meerkat. Thing is, though, that it was an awfully big picture - there was something on the box about "anatomically to scale" - and for the second time this afternoon I'm left wondering whether it will fit into this little box.

However, I will certainly try :)
28/01/2003 at 17:16
Stop it, Piglet. Everyone in the office is wondering why I'm choking over my pc.
Ahem. Calm down. Now - could you borrow the picture on the grounds that you have to check certain anatomical dimensions vis a vis size of boxes and wicking conditions?
28/01/2003 at 17:23
hee hee hee :-)

Ok, I'll make enquiries at the running shop...
28/01/2003 at 17:29
Meerkat. Don't anatomical conditions matter as well? No sense in keeping it simple.
JJ
28/01/2003 at 17:34
The wrinkly thread has done 3058 postings. Can't be bothered to work it out, who bagged 3000?

Hasn't this turned into a grubby thread (and without any help from Chimp).
JJ
28/01/2003 at 19:20
Boing!
28/01/2003 at 20:41
I hope that wasn't the waist band on those Helly Hansen wicking briefs, JJ...
28/01/2003 at 20:54
Thanks for the laugh, and hello.
Glenn, I took my cue from you re pics. I thought if you could look 17 again, then I could look 16 again. And if you don't say anything, then I won't either...

Meerkat - many thanks for the recommendation, I've just trekked my way for three hours (!) each way to see the man with the video who draws lines on the back of ladies legs, expensive, but I feel as if I'm finally making progress.

JJ, happy un-birthday, and I'm glad to hear your famile keep you 'suit'ably attired. Only thing I know about Virgos is that they make good bus drivers but can't remember why now.

Glenn, is your new job in Hemel?
O Piglet Wee.
Not mine. Don't do wicky briefs; not unless they're designer, with monogram. 'praps someone's lurking.
Why are you buying a camera? You're worrying me.

Seen the monkey anywhere?
JJ
And hello to Piglet and Chimp as well, but no sneezing!
28/01/2003 at 20:59
Helen W.
Anything to do with keeping their hands on their whee........no maybe not in the circumstances.
JJ
p.s. You have got younger. Gimme whatever it is you're taking - unless it's likely to turn me into a young woman.
JJ
141 to 160 of 167,317 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.