'Mature' runners.

Older runners meet here.

1 to 20 of 167,187 messages
27/01/2003 at 08:02
The Over 60s thread's too big so I've moved it here and widened the scope a bit.
JJ
27/01/2003 at 08:04
Mornin' all.
Did we all have a good weekend? Did 10 miles on Friday and 13.5 yesterday. Ran round the Tunbridge Wells 1/2m circuit.
JJ
27/01/2003 at 08:34
Three in a row.

Burnt Out Everard. Time for the 5?

Helen W. You? As old as Chimp? Never. You're only as old as you feel. Could I check?
JJ
27/01/2003 at 08:38
Chimp. JJ told me that it's taking too long to load/update on many systems.
D of TW
27/01/2003 at 08:48
You may count my teeth if you like :-)
27/01/2003 at 08:49
Winder if that's why they've pinched my picture?
27/01/2003 at 08:57
Hello Helen.
You let me count your's and I'll let you count mine.
Tooth fairy? I used to be one of those.
JJ
27/01/2003 at 08:59
Morning old folks. Trust I find you well, or at least with a pulse.

Do you often invite people to count your teeth Helen?
27/01/2003 at 09:11
Glenn.
Nice to hear from you. Haven't been insulted for a couple of days so I thought you weren't well.
Seen the latest news on PFI liabilities that companies are hiding off balance sheet?
Does your spreadsheet show these?
JJ
27/01/2003 at 09:22
Can't remember the last time I insulted you JJ.

Don't want to bore everyone into stupefaction with PFI stuff but the whole on/off balance sheet question is very tricky from the perpective of all players. All to do with the underlying substance of the transactions - see Financial Reporting Standard (FRS) 5, as if anyone gave a damn.

Our financial models usually include a switch to make the scheme on or off balance sheet from the point of view of the PFI company and will work happily either way, depending on what the procurer (i.e. the public sector) wants.
27/01/2003 at 09:25
JJ, Helen: If you like you can send me your teeth and I wil count them for you.

Good morning everyone.
27/01/2003 at 09:26
Riveting stuff Glenn. Do like the idea of a procurer though.
Where do I get one?
JJ
27/01/2003 at 09:34
Morning all. Very happy as I did my first 3 miles after a couple of months of knee problems. Oops, sorry, that's about running.
One of the north London squirrels actually ventured into my kitchen on Saturday. Probably in search of monkey nuts, now he's scoffed all my snowdrop bulbs.
Burnt Out Everard - can I get back to you on the hairy back? This requires careful thinking about.
27/01/2003 at 09:52
Meerkat. Don't leave us all in suspense. Did the knees hold out? When I started running about 5 - 6 years ago I had knee trouble but by building up slowly all the problems went away as muscles/ ligaments etc. got stronger. Don't overdo the comeback rate.
I can imagine nothing worse than thinking about anything hairy of Everards.
JJ
27/01/2003 at 09:54
Sorry but I have reported this thread to the moderator....
It is not what it reports to be!
MATURE runner....that suggests sensible conversation, perhaps discussion on the finner points of running, you know the sort of stuff you would find on Ron's thread. Perhaps even discussion of what it was like running as a small boy during the blitz or refueling when rationing was in place.
27/01/2003 at 10:02
BBB, that's not fair. The minds of these old folks are wandering and us youngsters just have to nod politely and stay with the subject to humour them.
27/01/2003 at 10:04
Mmmm, BBB - the finner points of running. Good point. I find fins aren't too useful when I run, although I understand a large dorsal fin can be very attractive in the mature runner.
JJ - yes, the knee held out. I've only ever had problems with my right knee, and after a trip to the podiatrist and with the aid of a knee tubey thing, I'm coming back slowly. Saturday's run was fantastic, and I couldn't believe it when I say THREE herons on the towpath.
27/01/2003 at 10:14
'saw' not 'say' - knee problem has now spread to fingers.
27/01/2003 at 10:16
Good ifea to restrat the thread - RW should erase some of the old large chitchat type threads (see Laura's guide)

A thread for the mature runner, but who says mature runners always have to behave maturely.

I find after an excess of fine wine and cheese I get tempted to behave immaturely.....

27/01/2003 at 10:17
ifea to restrat = idea to restart

like a virus meerkat it spreads down the wires
1 to 20 of 167,187 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.