Mick & Phil

801 to 820 of 1,055 messages
10/10/2005 at 09:06
CdK-Great idea !
10/10/2005 at 09:12
Ow mick-well done on getting into Hull.
I dont mind what run is chosen,just to be part of a run with "micknphil" in the title will be enough for me.

See you later.
10/10/2005 at 09:46
You'd have to get Mick to fire the starting gun as well I reckon.
10/10/2005 at 09:50
10k / half- could always split the difference and make it a 10-miler - works for GSR!
10/10/2005 at 10:44
Just if we are encouraging peeps to r*n who haven't before a more gentle distance might be appropriate.....as for building up my ability im getting there very very very slowly :o(

sorry if i opened a can of worms

>>leaves thread with head hung in shame<<
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
10/10/2005 at 10:49
Don't do that Princess - if this is to be an inclusive race, then it is inclusive for everyone!!!! It CAN be cone, just needs thinking and talking through is all!
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
10/10/2005 at 10:49
cone = done ;0))
10/10/2005 at 10:53
hmm sounds a real load to organise. Would it be easier to approach a club or such like who already run a small attended event and try to get them to merge the event with the ideas formed here. The extra people attending would make it worth everyones while and also provide the neccessary marshalls etc.

Just a thought..
10/10/2005 at 10:54
thanks cdk...feeling disheartened at the moment despite all the fantastic news about the lads new chair!

i damaged the disk in the bottom of my back and havent r*n for a year...back to swimming and around 3-4mile walks but r*nning seems ages away. As for the distance I have a half on jan 22nd which I foolishly entered and wondering if I will ever get to the start line let alone the finish!
10/10/2005 at 11:15
don't feel disheartened Princess. I only started running at the beginning of April and did my fist and only 10k in sept (67 mins) It is hard to keep motivated when there are loads of people who can run faster and longer then me (swanny inluded!!) but my mantra is to just keep plodding, I haven't run for nearly 4 weeks due to too many commitments and hubby being away but I am hoping to go for a 4-5 mile plod in a bit, if I don't run it I am not really bothered I just do my best. So what I am trying to say is that just taking part is the best thing to do, have a goal for yourself but don't beat yourself up over it, it's just not worth it. Enjoy it.
There sermon over!!

ps there are millions of people who don't even bother to try to get out there remember!!!
10/10/2005 at 11:48
Look here everyone CDK, etc

Your all right on what you say

Swanny's Missus, sums it up really, bottom line there

There are millions of sad people out there,

To give an example

our coach driver informed us, we may be delayed getting home , cos of a strike !!

We were sweating slightly,,

What pi**ed me off was the woman , in her late 50's, she said, " But i wonder what's going on in Emmerdale,"

I thought, oh bloddy hell you poor sod you

Sometimes Purple Princess , i get carried away with my Ego, of Mick n Phil,

This race is about all of us,, Not just Mick n Phil, and a few who can run longer distance

We are all here to HELP,SUPPORT, each other

Or, Do i have it wrong

10/10/2005 at 11:54
You and Swannys Missus have got it just right Mick!!!
10/10/2005 at 12:21
i have just finished a phone interview with runners world ,human race section

And said this is about all of us,

We are so , so gratefull for our ( Rolls Royce wheels )coming,

But like i said , regardless of the chair

i have spent years through Phillip's illness , living in a deep dark hole, MY MENTAL ANGUISH AND DISPAIR, TOOK ME TO THE PITS

There's no medication for it
Only the great -outdoors

And it was'nt like Frank Bruno ( Cocaine related )

But i dug myself out,

i told them
I now have my life back to the full

Why,

YOU All GAVE US OUR LIFE BACK

Come on now Purple Princess, CHIN UP

WE ARE ALL HERE

I feel bad some day's,
I just think i wonder what Tracey G, Biasti, ICRAM, L M H , CDK etc, are all doing, ahh.

thats my best therapy
10/10/2005 at 13:00
Mick n Phil it's great to hear RW have finally cottoned on :-)
I don't know what the others are doing. Thinking about Abingdon I expect.
10/10/2005 at 13:24
Mick,

One half of my mind is on Abingdon. The other half is on wondering whether Mrs ICRAM is going to go into labour on Sunday and my 3 months of training will have gone to waste. Mind you, I suppose there are other excuses I could use for not running a Marathon!

See you there mate.
10/10/2005 at 13:33
Hi Mick and Co. Welcome back.
Oh boy, what have I started suggesting a race!
In fact, I was about to suggest that we approach a club for help when Alan suggested it.
I think it should be in Stratford on Avon in a park (tarmac path) or canal towpath if we are to encourage other 'wheelie pushers'. The reason I suggested 10K was that it is a more manageable distance for people pushing wheelchairs perhaps for the firts time (it will be a doddle for MicknPhil)
Does anyone have any connections with a club in Stratford. If not how about Kenilworth Runners (Gus and Co),

Open to discussion
10/10/2005 at 14:27
Hear hear Pam,re:other (possibly beginner) Wheelie pushers
10/10/2005 at 16:55
Hi Mick, been away for the weekend at the GSR - thought about you as I had a word with a couple of people on the way round - nice flat course!
10/10/2005 at 17:00
Stop thinking right this instant, you're tapering.

You'll use far to many calories!

:~)
10/10/2005 at 18:09
Mick - I'll take you up on the coffee offer then!
Managed to get out of bed this morning for a short 5 mile run at 6am. So Keen!!!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.