Mick & Phil

1 to 20 of 1,055 messages
25/09/2005 at 20:17
Just opening a thread so we can talk about what's happening with Mick & Phil's new chair.

But they are so famous now so lets see where the thread goes!
25/09/2005 at 20:21
who's mick and phil?
25/09/2005 at 20:21
Biastai
Post a link to their website
25/09/2005 at 20:26
Thanks Hippo!

You can see their website at:

http://www.micknphil-marathonlads.co.uk/
25/09/2005 at 20:28
Adding my name just to get email alerts!

Await further developments!
25/09/2005 at 20:55
There are a few things I can think of that need to be done:

1/ We need to know what we can and can not do on RW forum. I know ICRAM
is on this.

2/ We need a bank account to hold the money. With two signatories, for
safety and transparency. I don't know if any forumites live near Little Miss Happy,or
ICRAM. Even a couple of forumites near Mick would be good.

3/ For Gift Aid we need people to send an e-mail to me at my e-mail address saying they would like us as a charity to claim the tax on their donation.

This needs to have their name and address on it. It also has to say how much they have donated. I can make an e-mail for people to copy to make it easier. We need to let people know that we can do this if they want
us to and then send the my e-mail address rather than put it on the forum.
This is more secure!

4/ We need to find out what Mick wants to get and how much we need. I know he is looking. We need to keep people posted at all times as to how much has been raised and what is being aimed for.

I think any surplus could go on their running gear. You no what it's like. You could easily spend any excess on a few trainers and a couple of pairs of tops :-) (What about spares for the chair?)

Other stuff will come up as we get going with it.

Cheers for now.
25/09/2005 at 21:23
Hi every-one

I will try to listen to you all

And i'm waiting now for our local Mobility shop to get back to me

Some of you are so clever on these creating these threads, you put me too shame

We really appreciate what your all doing

i'm just so busy with life in general at home with My wife and phillip

K2
25/09/2005 at 21:56
Cheers, Biastai!
Biastai - you have mail #2!

Mick
You have lots to do just being there for Phil and Mrs. I'm sure we can get a chair sorted out. I have to find some way of thanking you for cheering me on at Oldbury last January. I was so impressed that you travelled all that way when you weren't feeling well.
25/09/2005 at 21:56
My daughter also has Cerebral Palsy and I have thought about running with her.

So well done lads keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!
25/09/2005 at 22:05
Georgia's Dad,

Thanks! Keep watching this space.

E-mail Mick for some advice. Sure he would encourage you and give some good info.

Thanks K2
K2
25/09/2005 at 22:13
Little Miss Happy
You have mail.
25/09/2005 at 22:58
Hi yu Georges dad

yes , just go to our e mail

micknphil@ntlworld.com

look at our web site to get an idea

I'm there to help you ,

This isn't just about me and phillip

This is about All Chronically Sick and / or Disabled

They are entitled to a life, and only we can give it to them

25/09/2005 at 23:26
Hi Georges Dad, go for it.
25/09/2005 at 23:43
Excellent thread and excellent cause.
As always, well behind Mick'n'Phil. Great to hear something is being done to help you guys.

A couple of questions/suggestions if I may. I think some have been thought of and mentioned already but here goes anyway.

Once a registered charity is set up (i assume that is what you are doing) can you set up a "justgiving" site?
Have a link from micknphils website.
If you do start to get a massive surplus, why not continue the charity in the same vein, helping out those that want to run with sick/disabled people who are not so well off.
With micknphil on board there is wealth of experience and advice there to give to people and to provide the necessary encouragement.

Well done everyone, i have been following this for some time on the Abingdon thread and you can certainly count on a donation from myself. And should you need any other support I am willing to help also. Not sure what i can do but the offer is there.
26/09/2005 at 06:42
Swanny,

Get out my head! You been reading my mind, or summit :-)

Off to do a bit, so see you all later!
26/09/2005 at 07:12
Great stuff guys - think I saw you at Draycote ultra last year?
26/09/2005 at 07:42
Brilliant peeps, MicknPhil are an inspiration, they deserve our support.
26/09/2005 at 07:58
MicknPhil - Are just brilliant, they are great abassadors for our sport and for other disabled people. I am more excited about the raising of money for the wheelchair, than about my first marathon.
26/09/2005 at 08:29
Just adding my name.
26/09/2005 at 09:14
and mine . . .
1 to 20 of 1,055 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.