Mick n Phil's daily blog

Our daily life and our running

581 to 591 of 591 messages
16/07/2011 at 20:44
Is it all worth it ??? Caring is i'd say one of the mentally hardest jobs there is, mainly as there's no release from it ... if there's a physical respite from it, there's certainly no mental break from it .. ( and rarely any thanks ) us carers take our work home with them ...

but all i hear off people is " Mick , How's Dawn & Phil, " i mostly say how they are, .. but old me, who really gives a fuck, i'm sidelined more often than not .....

Ok, i'm good in health and a reasonable level of fitness, and people see me as the tough as boots marathon man...they dont seem to see that i have feelings as well, how hard i work at keeping my family together...

How much heart ache and mental pain i live with daily, seeing what i see and doing what i do ..my actions at times are seen as " uncaring hard exterior "but, what do people know about me ahh ...i tell you what

sweet F. A - thats what ....

I do often wonder if its all worth it TBH
LIVERBIRD    pirate
16/07/2011 at 20:59

You're doing a grand job of looking after your family Mr C.

How are YOU?

17/07/2011 at 22:16
High Wycombe HM in a satisfying 2:30

Today we ran High Wycombe HM in a satisfying 2:30 , considering being off sick for best part of first half 2011, and knowing Wycombe course well and how deceivingly undulating it is ….

It was our 10 th consecutive Wycombe HM and our 227th In all - ( with Phil that is ) ….

I was extremely disappointed though to discover once again that MK NSPCC HM was on same day, even though my preference is to Wycombe, we still very much enjoyed running both …

Today was really satisfying to finally meet Stevie G, Water Vole and K8 Greene, they really did make the day special …

Overall, we had a most enjoyable race, as usual the event organisation was perfect by all concerned ….

Our thanks to all concerned
18/07/2011 at 09:14
Mick, I had enough trouble pushing myself up that hill, let alone Phil and the chair, so you did an amazing job. How do you cope with the downhill though? It's so steep how do you stop the chair simply running away with you? Do you have it physically anchored to you?
18/07/2011 at 19:55
After weeks of sickness and being mentally low for weeks- ...

After yesterday's deceivingly undulating HM at High Wycombe - and coming through it unscathed and in real comfort, i do have to say that i am absolutely chuffed, Pushing Phillip all that way, and over undualting and pity roads - and long drags ....

all the pre race prep, ok the new vehicle makes it easier, - but i still have to produce the goods - and post race stuff - changing , toileting and feeding , and driving home ...

Yes, i'm delighted - Times wise, well it did'nt matter
18/07/2011 at 19:58

BOTF

Hi, hope u are well friend - did'nt we meet at Exeter hm arena one year before the race started ?

going up is tough of course, but you can lock your legs and body against the chair

going down is hard at times, can hurt like hell and yes i have a restraining strap i hold onto, but still ahve to go down with absolute caution

18/07/2011 at 20:03
Hi Mic hope you both are well

training for Chester marathon again hoping to go the whole way non stop in about 3h30
18/07/2011 at 20:07

Hi Compo

yes were booked for that

got to test myself out on 26 miles soon - going around RH in September with a friend, to see whats in the tank,

HM's ,their as usual easy or on a bad day easy ish - but FM totally different game, so even i'm approaching with total caution

hope your well  

18/07/2011 at 20:32

Mick, delighted to get a mention on your thread...you must meet 100s of forumites over the weeks, so good to be remembered.

Got a handshake from Philip too which was nice!

Great work as ever Mick, doing a tough course. Tough for plenty of people running it alone, let alone doing what you do!

Can't imagine what life is like in the week for you, but the fact you find gruelling half marathons (at least) a release says it's gotta be tough!

Hang in there Mick, as next week is another race

18/07/2011 at 20:37

yes, next sunday were at Gloucester AC's ( Newent HM ) another seriously undulating one - best there of 2:00

but TBH our running is the easy bit,

can run happily over 50 races a year - with little problem  

20/07/2011 at 02:30
micknphil-marathonlads.com wrote (see)

BOTF

Hi, hope u are well friend - did'nt we meet at Exeter hm arena one year before the race started ?

Nope, not Exeter, but I ran your half up at Draycote a couple of years ago, plus I've seen you at Wokingham, Reading, Bedford Harriers & Bramley and I'm sure a few others

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
581 to 591 of 591 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.