Mick of ( Mick n phil) SOLO training blog

Having some time for myself

21 to 26 of 26 messages
09/03/2008 at 20:58
Ashby 20 Magic

Went to Ashby 20 tough hilly- ish mile race today clocked a slow 3.26, but then that happens

would never have missed it for the world, it was simply a magic day

Phillip felt very heavy on hills at 18.5 - 19.5 , so had to walk a little, but that won't take away the pure magic day we had

WE can be so very proud of what we did and we are proud

it was great meeting people , made our whole day

Thankyou all so much

Mick n phil xx
10/03/2008 at 12:21
My heart Aches

How my heart aches, and i wish for some peace, my whole heart and soul aches, Running is just like medication , its a temporary drug, it's not a final solution or cure

very few people understand unfortunately-

I've tried so hard in life, given my all, have never ever left them, ( my wife and Phil ) There is always emergency information on the wheelchair - i so hope one day out on the racing curcuit that i finally lay myself to rest
like many other mum's and dad's in my position here near home, we selfishly wish and hope that we out live our siblings - that way we will be able to at least die in some dignity and peace

if i was a drunk, or what ever, and over night, said ok, lets do this or that - yes, it would be so very WRONG as some have pointed out

but my actions are NOT controlled by alcohol, my actions are not an over night thought from desperation of hate , anger and temper

this is a final ultimatum of not days, not weeks or months , but years of thinking out EVERY angle, the possible consequences of what to do - both with my local authority revenge, and with FLM saga

There are certain things in life i strongly believe that if NECCESSARY, if i'm pushed then 2 wrongs will or do make a right

FLM, well, it's just a case of me being a silly bugga, and if i fail on the day, i'll return home Happy and truimphant knowing i gave my all , regardless of whether or not people agree with me, i can then live in some peace on the FLM saga, course if i do get somewhere in London, then it will be delighful

My battle and REVENGE for the system locally, i'm very much afraid, few understand, when you set out your stall in life, you make your desicions and you stick to them, come HELL or high water

Will my wife pass on first, and leave me and Phil or will i pass on first , who know's- i fully expect to awake one day and find my wife gone from heart problems, i suprised it's not happened already

Many of you think i'm silly and all the etc, that go with it, i respect and understand that, simply because many have absolutely NO idea how they'd re-act if put in my situation

so, FLM is just around the corner - this is it you might say, - i'm ready for anything, lets face it, what more can be thrown at me than what i've already endured

All of you have given us much pleasure, and laughter, so much so, you'll never ever know - you've all been a delight to know- it's just so unfortunate that you've come across some like me,

i as most know, am an honest open chap, but pushed over the line, i become something very different, i was already a broken man when we met, i 've waited this long quite perposely for my Phillip to become 19 , an adult and off the SSD childrens team

What do you mean Mick , you ask " i live by the sword, I'll die by it if neccessary "

I've gone to far now to turn back !!!!!!!!!

I will NOT be trying again to explain further, if this post just isn't understood, then fair enough, but from an HONEST man and LAW abiding until now

My sincere love to you all - Bless you all and your families

Mick xxx
Blisters    pirate
10/03/2008 at 19:15

Am I thinking that you are talking about running here Mick, I doubt that I am reading anything really sinister. If you are thinking what I am thinking then I can't think what LAW old beardy might be studying.

Health and Safety at Work Act? Emphasis on Work. People get thumped in boxing - but that's sport, not work. Don't hit the Referee though, he IS at work.

07/04/2008 at 13:12
That was good

Have just been out and done a training run on my own for once - Mrs Mick has gone into town on her electric scooter, so, i thought, well- i'm taking Phillip to the track tonight with Stratford AC for an hour, so how about i have some ME time ahh

so i set off , quietly, NOTHING flash, or speedy, just wanted to relax and play and feel good again, i did about 4 miles on one of my local training loops in around 33 mins -

I am now gushing in sweat but feel good
30/07/2008 at 22:54
The most perfect run
Tonight i went without Phillip to the club - and i went with the experienced group - we ran for about 1 hour 15
it was pure heaven, it was a hard run, thirsty hot and humid, it was tranquil, relaxing, so so enjoyable, most perfect in every way you can think of

i cannot think of the last time i had such an enjoyable run with fellow runners on my own

it's made me feel so real good again - i don't have much ME time, but it did me the world
KKD
30/07/2008 at 23:00
A great run - one of the best feelings in the world!  Glad you got it!  :--)
KKD

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.