MINI POLL fastest marathon course

21 to 26 of 26 messages
08/10/2010 at 09:22
I am by no means an expert, but having looked into this in the past, Edinburgh looks a likely candidate. The only downside, I hear, is that as they include a relay marathon race, there can be a bit of bunching at the relay change over points.
08/10/2010 at 14:01
And it can be hot or windy.
cougie    pirate
08/10/2010 at 14:14

Blimey - I'd be impressed with people running PB's at Windermere.  I spent a week round there one xmas and ran part of the course most days.  Its not what I'd have thought of a PB course - very undulating. I reckon those PBers are just VERY good and 'hard' runners !

My PB course is actually London - 3.13.  Thats from Green Start so not as crowded. Only thing is that often its the first hot weekend of the year - so that takes its toll sometimes.

I'm entering Edinburgh next year - that could be hot or cold - who knows - its Scotland !  And doing Leicester this weekend - so will let you know what I think of that.

10/10/2010 at 18:00
OK I have a confession to make. Eindhoven is a fast course but having done it again today there are bridges and underpasses so it is probably LESS flat than Berlin. Though I still think it has more PB potential as not crowded/ own drinks. Have just gone sub4 TODAY 6 mins off last year's PB .
28/09/2012 at 20:22
Blackpool marathon is very flat and shouldn't be too hot in early April!
28/09/2012 at 22:27
True Newts but I think your advice may be two years too late!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.