Muscle weighs more than fat - true or false?

21 to 25 of 25 messages
06/03/2012 at 14:00
"Another example, based just on their weight and height, any rugby player would be considered Obese!"

oi - are you calling me obese?? morbidly obese please....

what a great argument this is - basically all arguing the toss about the same thing but approaching it differently!
06/03/2012 at 14:09
mmm I like my ipod. They are banned in triathlons though.....

@Phil - with you on that - I keep thinking... any minute now the penny will drop.
Edited: 06/03/2012 at 14:16
06/03/2012 at 14:23

well if the fat buddha name fits?. . . . .

seriously though, clearly they are not, but by a normal weight to height ratio it would appear as such on one of those simple BMI calculators that don't really tell the whole picture! 

try putting in 18 stone and 6ft on this one and see what happens 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/bmi_calculator/bmi.shtml

I can join you as well cos at 5'4", and a size 12, i am 11 stone - this means i am overweight. (mind you i only have to lose a couple of lb and i am 'normal' - whatever that means. . . . ) 

06/03/2012 at 15:53
MM - why do you think I'm called FB?? ex-prop....

my BMI is 34. 5 Ironmans and 21 marathons and still classed as morbidly obese. love it!
06/03/2012 at 16:17
just looked at that Mile27 core exercise link - cool background, I have almost identical images in my holiday snaps!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.