Music For Hard Training Sessions

Motivational Music

1 to 20 of 68 messages
30/04/2013 at 15:24

What music makes you push yourself harder?  Here are some of my current favourites (although my list is constantly changing):

Electronic

Flux Pavillion                    Bass Cannon (xKore Drumstep Redux)

Hadouken                        Bombshock

Nerd Rage                        Fast Dubstep

Nero                                Doomsday

Storm                              Time To Burn

Metal

Hanzel und Gretyl           Komm Zu Uns

Hatebreed                      I Will Be Heard

Korn                             Here to Say Dirty Version

NIN                              Wish

Snake River Conspiracy Lovesong

Cheesy but Fast

Addicted Diamond          My Sharona

Andrew Spencer            Zombie

RPM 17                        Hot Stuff

The Immortals                Theme From Mortal Kombat (Encounter The Ultimate)

Warp Brothers               Smells Like Teen Spirit (Voc 2 The Floor club mix)

30/04/2013 at 15:46

I don't need music to make me work hard....

30/04/2013 at 16:03

I don't listen to music when I run but I do occasionally find myself singing the chorus to My Body by Young the Giant on the runs/races when I am struggling a bit

30/04/2013 at 18:23
You got time to listen to all that crap then your perception of hard is not the same as mine.
01/05/2013 at 08:31

I'll listen to music when i run on my own but find it can put me off a bit. Perhaps because i'm listening to post hardcore/crossover metal.

01/05/2013 at 09:11

I listen to music on my long runs, so I can stop listening to the voices in my head telling me 'stop and go home', 'you're in pain, stop and go home'. Btw, I only have voices in my head when I'm running - I'm not mental (well I think not).

Paramore usually makes me pick up my stride, and a bit of old school Shed Seven

01/05/2013 at 09:31

I don't usually listen to music when I'm running outdoors (only the treadmill) but the best song I've come across is Animal by Nickelback. Terrible band, but it's a remarkably good running song.

17/07/2013 at 13:37

Name your power songs then 'Sussex Runner' - or are you going to flake out with the 'I don't listen to music' (if so, clear off of this thread - you have no valid input and are wasting peoples time reading your drivel). 

17/07/2013 at 13:45

I wouldn't even call your list music. When I was your age I was listening to The Pistols and The Clash. Proper tunes! 

17/07/2013 at 14:07

Music is down to individual tastes, for me The Clash and Sex Pistols are easy listening - good for in the pub.  Neither have the bass nor power required for pushing yourself during training. I'm sure my grandad would enjoy the aggression in your listed bands but they are weak motivators compared to the tunes that I listed.     

17/07/2013 at 14:08

Sussex Runner I think Ben fancies you.

WiB
17/07/2013 at 14:13

Vomitting... the only true sound track to a decent session.

WiB
17/07/2013 at 16:47
literatin wrote (see)

Sussex Runner I think Ben fancies you.

Yeah, he's clearly got a thing for older men 

17/07/2013 at 16:51

bv, I haven't heard of any of the bands you listed, but you are probably a youngster. My heavy metal favourites are Iron Maiden, White Snake, AC DC, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Metallica and Motorhead. Status Quo are perfect for a steady pace training run.

I never wear my I pod in races, and am glad that more and more events are banning them. I'm also wearing it less and less in training, and concentrating more on my heart rate readings to make me push harder.

17/07/2013 at 16:55

Fossil hunting can be fun!....

17/07/2013 at 18:56

But as you tend to find fossils on stony beaches doesn't that make it difficult to run ? 

17/07/2013 at 21:47

I enjoy a bit of Rodrigo Y Gabriella (rock inspired classical guitar) on a tempo run, sets a good rythm and is nice and up-beat. A bit of Pendulum works there too.

Intervals /high intensity training has to be some metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Pantera, Machine Head, Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down) too many to name all of them.

Then there's the inevitable dance/ house music the spinning instructor puts on (no choice over that one) but it's loud and high tempo so it does the job.

Showing your age Sussex Runner, NIN (Nine Inch Nails) and Korn have been around sice the start of the 90s.

17/07/2013 at 21:49

For me hard intervals are done in the gym. Switch on Daybreak or Loose Women and get through the session as quickly as possible, and then get the hell out of there. What   More motivation can there be?

17/07/2013 at 22:31

I caught a couple of seconds of Korn on the dowload featival. Beavis and Butthead jokeband surely.

17/07/2013 at 22:33

How can the younger generation be so uncool with their music. I like a few  new bands but dumbass shit like Ben likes. Fuck me!!

1 to 20 of 68 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.