My dog's become dominant aggressive with me.

Help!

41 to 47 of 47 messages
14/02/2005 at 11:23
Glad to hear it TwoDogs. we thought we'd overdone the dominance bit to start with becasue she became very subdued so we lightened up and she does seem a lot happier now. doesn't pull her "confused face" quite so much
14/02/2005 at 11:30
Brilliant advice on here. It's really good to hear that people are actually starting to think about canine behaviour, rather than putting up with being terrorised by the little darlings!
14/02/2005 at 13:44
have you tried mounting him?
14/02/2005 at 13:47
Nah, she's not my type
17/02/2005 at 10:11
just a quick thank you to everyone of you who pointed me in the right direction with lucy. We were in tears the first night we ignored her.

by tuesday morning she was alot calmer although she still gets seperation anxiety.

yesterday i asked her to scome to me aqnd she was ever so quiet and good natured and very gentle. No snatching at her treats etc etc. the books that were recommended have arrived and i will be paying good attention.

I cannot thank you all enough for this. Sanity has been restored

Boo
17/02/2005 at 13:43
Well done you for being open minded enough to look at your behaviour rather than just blame the dog which is what often happens.

There'll be ups and downs but keep at it and focused on the books.

It sounds like you are doing a grand job already!
24/02/2005 at 15:58
A friend of mine (a vet nurse) recommends crating a dog when you go out for separation anxiety - it is natural for wild dogs to have a den, and most dogs will respond well to an enclosure with something of yours, eg an old sweater, so they can smell the 'pack' inside the crate. Apparently it's not cruel at all to do this even though it may seem so to us.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.