My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

20,541 to 20,560 of 20,855 messages
21/07/2016 at 20:07

Earlier today I run 8k (~5miles) free in the track

24/07/2016 at 13:09

14k free run earlier on today.

Should I also mention that I went on a walkabout yesterday night... Walked 20k from my digs to the downtown, winding through the neighbourhoods of my town. Ended up at a very nice bar at the inner city where I did some refuelling!

24/07/2016 at 19:06

A good mixture of paces and purposes, Hermes. 

Out before 7am, unusually early for me at weekends.  Overcast but dry & fairly fresh.  10.2 miles round the lakes, coastal park, up the beach to the redundant coastguard station before switching back on the shore to find the shiftingly soft sandy trails on the way home.

25/07/2016 at 12:01

Hello all - are newbies welcome to pop in? Would be nice to have a place to log my (very slow) miles....!

25/07/2016 at 15:13

Welcome, BecksF - good to have you along.  Speed is relative - getting out to run is the key factor! 

25/07/2016 at 20:26
Thank you! 5 very slow miles this eve, supporting my brother who has a bit of a shoulder injury. Good to feel I could have pushed on though.
26/07/2016 at 20:26
Hello BecksF.
14.2miles last Fri and again Sat. Felt a lot more comfortable in the heat and decent pace. Had my camelbak. I'm a bit naive when it comes to water.
10.1miles mostly offroad today in 1hr16. Much cooler. Had to shoo a cow out of the way.
27/07/2016 at 06:44

Hi you all!

Run for an hour yesterday at the track, did 4 strides towards the end!

27/07/2016 at 08:49

Morning all!

3 miles yesterday. Knocked 30 secs a mile off the same route in a week - hopefully means I'm getting fitter!

27/07/2016 at 10:09

+1 to that, Becks.

Last night's gardening had its revenge in the form of a aching back - which was strangely fine during my 4 miles of XC and sand hills this morning.  Breezy, refreshing but the sand doesn't get any easier to cover!

28/07/2016 at 06:31

Hello everybody!

Been an early bird today, and the early bird catches the worm, is what they say. I did not catch any, thank God for small favours...

Well, I run 9,5k (~6miles) at the track. Took me some 43' minutes.

28/07/2016 at 14:42

Hello

haven't been on the forum for quite a while, here's as good a place as any to restart...

14,95km in 01:21:27 this morning before it warmed up too much. 

28/07/2016 at 14:57

Welcome, HazelnutCH.  A very decent pace. 

0730  My accustomed 40 minutes on paths, trails & promenade, heading up past Crosby Baths and returning via the beach.  Rather murky; a few drip drops of rain.

28/07/2016 at 16:52
A bit rainy today. Just under 10miles in 1hr14, speeding up as I went along. Had bad acid reflux for weeks. I think I've got a post Brexit stress ulcer.
28/07/2016 at 19:40
Evening!

Ran in what felt like all 4 seasons today. 6.5 slowwww miles. Feels like running through treacle and get overtaken by every other runner. Sticking with it - at some point it gets easier right...?! 2 fairly decent hills in my run, managed it at about the same pace as I was managing 3 miles 2 weeks ago. Worrying that the HM is only 10 weeks away to get a bit quicker and up to distance!!
28/07/2016 at 23:14

Some new faces here- Becks and Hazel: welcome from an old timer

Not been on here since a week ago. We went to Norfolk last Friday with a big extended family group of 12 including my mum. She fell very unwell while we were away so the long weekend was overshadowed by that, and although she's now home, and slowly on the mend, running is just a little bit of respite ATM.  Good to get the headspace but nothing much of interest to report.  Track session on Tuesday and an 8 miler this morning at a very slow pace but therapeutic.

29/07/2016 at 15:16

It has been a few weeks since I last checked in - I've been doing 6-8km runs twice a week but have been struggling to find days to do it as due to football training I never quite have time to let my legs rest... as a result the times on those were, by my personal standard, rather poor as my legs were tired from previous exercise every  time.

That being said I am now back on track properly with my next half marathon coming up in just over 3 weeks time.

On Tuesday I ran 12km (7.4 miles) in 1:12:04

Today I did 18km (11.1 miles) in 1:51:24

Can't say either was easy in the heat but happy with the distance/pace - assuming I could keep the pace I had on the 18km today for another 3km I should beat the time on my previous (and first) half marathon by 5-6 minutes if I do well. It's nowhere near as hilly though so I'm looking forward to it.

Nessie - all the best to your mum, hope she gets well soon

BecksF - 10 weeks I think is plenty of time considering you now can do 6.5 miles, even if they're slow as you say. I had barely a month's worth of 'proper' training before my first half marathon - and on that note I do not encourage anyone to run one with so little training - and did it in 2:16, but it was the South Downs half marathon which many people suggest is extremely hilly (I can confirm that). But I'm not sure if you're aiming for a specific pace/time, my target was just to complete it and preferably not be in the last 100.

29/07/2016 at 22:31

Thanks Q. Becks, agree- 10 weeks is plenty. Add an extra mile or two to your long run every week. Don't worry about pace. As it's your first HM, you are guaranteed a PB anyway 

Only had 35 minutes to run today but did a mini hills session anyway

31/07/2016 at 11:08

Hello co-runners!

Did 10miles street running yesterday!

31/07/2016 at 13:58

0930 today: 10.1 miles of XC, beach and very little road at all around Waterloo, Crosby, Burbo Bank and the beach.  Pleasantly warm and a surprising number of people, children & dogs enjoying sunshine and warmth with a gently breeze to keep it comfortable.  Tried to ignore & run through a likely shin splint issue.  Icing and warm water therapy has commenced.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.