My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

7,601 to 7,620 of 17,256 messages
09/08/2009 at 16:08

Good run there Stray Celt lets hope everything stays that way.

Camlo - 15 mph I'd be happy with that myself, infact MLRide today was 15.5 mph ave for 40 miles, I was going to run after it but there was a BBQ going when I got back so settle for a burger instead, might go out later this evening.

09/08/2009 at 17:24

Mega busy week - been on hols in Fort William, so lots of cross training on my mountain bike rather than running.

Sunday (last week) - 16.71 miles off road on bike
Monday - 22 miles on bike (Witches Trails World Champs Course & 10 under the Ben route)
Tuesday - 24.04 miles biking (mainly on rough forest tracks, got lost so plenty of uphill following downhill to a dead end)
Wednesday - climbed up Ben Nevis, 5 hrs 50 mins (3:30 up and 2:20 down)
Thursday - could barely get down the stairs, but managed 18.88 miles on the bike along the canal path, pretty flat. Main challenge was getting my leg high enough to get on or off!
Friday - 14.26 miles on bike (Witches Trails)
Saturday - 21.94 miles biking at Aviemore - stopped off on way home for an impromtu ride around Loch an Eilein and Loch Morlich
Today (Sunday) - back to running, 14.01 miles in 2:14:25, average pace of 9:36, totally and utterly done!!!

10/08/2009 at 12:14

My last run was on Saturday morning whilst we were camping at Scarborough. 

It was an enjoyable run and I really enjoyed it, even it was red hot by 10am.  did six miles in total although coming back up the hill to our camp site was an absolute killer.  It was just nice to get the disaster of a run from Thursday night out of my system.

10/08/2009 at 15:41
Woke up on Sinday and did my normal short Sunday run, about 3 mins, smashed 1.5 mins off my PB !!
10/08/2009 at 18:15

Well run R3 Guy and welcome to MLR,

never made it out last night (CBA),

I'm just about to go out now but I thought I'd post MLSwim

Drove up to Bala for an Open Water Swim in some still water,

Out
1130m - 21:47.00
905m  - 17:49.96 (2035m - 39:36.96)
Back
905m - 19:51.64
1130m - 24:37.59 (2035m - 44:29.23) [4070m - 1:24:08.19]

A few goggle issues on the way back and then I wasn't sure where I got in so lost some more time there, but I deffo was going slower coming back. BUt I'm happy enough with the time for the distance.

I was secretly hoping it would be a bit choppier than it was, but I prob wouldn't have swam so far if it was.

EDIT

MLRun, club run, just the 3 of us and a nice easy pace, passed the hospice along the canal, up passed the Bunburyand thru the woods. 6.98 miles - 53:47.07 - 7:42

JogWatch - 3

Edited: 10/08/2009 at 20:19
10/08/2009 at 20:33

Went out for a nice, easy jog/run this evening for what seems like the first time in ages. Seriously have to get back into the swing of things - luckily, I haven't lost that nice, exhilerating feeling that you get after running, that makes you want to keep at it

So tonight, I did 1.58 miles in 18 minutes. Torn over whether to shorten my time to extend my distance. I'm thinking distance.

10/08/2009 at 20:44

Just got back from a weekend at the inlaws. Managed to sneak in a run yesterday covering the same route as my last visit a year ago. Really nice to go somewhere different and even better when its out in the country.

11.63 miles in 1h21'43" @ 7:02mm

Jogwatch 0

YT: 702, MT:50

10/08/2009 at 21:48
Yesterday, 9 Aug. 1100 Well, the plan was a 10-mile road circuit from the farm in Castlemartin where I was staying - but you know what plans are, and, after a 2-mile downhill, I ran along the beach at Freshwater West, recently a film set for the latest 'Harry Potter' and 'Robin Hood' productions. I took the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path up the steep outcrop, hoping to find the road - and that's where the plan went from A to B. The path is tough underfoot when running, so I was grateful for a couple of fields to take me back to the road.

Here, I turned left instead of right and ran half a mile or more steeply down to the village of Angle, a dead end Wimping out of that climb back up to the road, I followed signs for the Coastal Path, enjoying views of the harbour and - less attractively - the Milford Haven refineries. Came out at a small beach and headed steeply upwards to where i thought that road was. Success! The rest was simple, apart from a dodgy bridleway, and I made a pit stop at the Speculation Inn at Hundleton, on the way to Pembroke. Some testing hills just about finished me off before I returned to the farm, but I can recommend the Coastal Path [180 miles of it!] if you're in the area.

14 miles, 2:13:25, JogWatch: 0 Surfers'Watch: 12

Today. 1200 Set off in light rain from Cold Blow near Narberth, Pembrokeshire on an out and back including some hills with attitude. Got to the crossroads leading to Tavernspite in 22:36 and turned for home. Avoided getting written off by a Texaco oil tanker and felt I ran better and stronger uphill than on the outward. 21:33, and a 1:03 neg. split

5.2 miles, 44:09, JogWatch: 0
10/08/2009 at 21:53

Hi MLR's just got back from Dartmouth after a week with the cadets at BRNC.  Fab week with lots of work training the cadets to use the whalers down on the Dart. 

Managed a mini-streak of 5 days which consisted of running down the hill from the college out of the gates then down into the town.  Ran along the side of the Dart to the North Ferry and then round through the town and back up the very steep hill.  Set off at just before 6am every morning and did more or less the same run except for one day when I ran round to the castle and back.  If I'd been there any longer I was going to try out the coastal path but I'll have to leave that for next year.

The weather was good on most days apart from Tuesday when it was absolutely lashing down and as I was out on the river all day with my phone in my foulies, you can imagine the state of my phone at the end of the day.  i managed to get a replacement delivered by Carphone Warehouse the next day (great service from them and I take back everything I've said about them.  Well some of it anyway)

Managed to get prickly heat (again) and came back with a very sore face and neck due to over exposure to the sun.

After 6.5 hours on the train I sorted out all my washing and dashed out for a quick hour round Cuerden and Farington.  51/2 miles 59mins 2 sec.

Anyone who's been to Dartmouth will know it's extremely hilly should have strong legs now.

Boat watch hundreds

Seagulls hundreds

Birds of prey 2 (not sure what they were)

Boat hook stuck in pontoon watch 1 (I didn't do it)

10/08/2009 at 23:40
Great blogging, Katb, esp. the 'Carphone Warehouse' plug that wasn't I found the sun strong yesterday, although I'm so weatherbeaten now, it rarely has painful effects.
Edited: 10/08/2009 at 23:41
11/08/2009 at 07:42

Up at 6 and out by 6:15 which is good going for me as getting my contact lenses in can sometimes be a chore 1st thing on a morning.

As for the run, I did my 3 mile route up to low lane and past the industrial estate, and then added a one miler at the last roundabout to go past my youngests' school.  contemplated doing the full two miles two make it a 5 miler but I had to be home to let my better half get to work. 

4 miles in 31:40.  I was more than happy with that, especially as I was only taking it easy, last weeks bad run is now a long forgotten memory.

11/08/2009 at 09:39

G'day all.

Hello to you newcomers, everyone seems to be ramping the miles up lately

Not been around for a while as i've not run a great deal due to a poorly calf and madness breaking out at work.....Notts' mara just around the corner and i'm just about as poorly prepared as you can get.

Just a couple of 9's and an 11 last night to post, going out for an easy 7 later then it's a slow 18 on Sunday, to be truthful, i'm not feeling the love for the big stuff at the moment. Considering giving Tri's another bash next year..........unless i get my mojo' back that is 

11/08/2009 at 15:30

Scrub that!!!!
My slow 7 miler turned into a 4 !!, felt weary so i'll save myself for weekend.

Have fun

11/08/2009 at 15:34

Running late so middle route. Wave to other jogger.

5.2miles in 35'51" @ 6:54 mm

Jog watch 1

YT: 707, MT: 55

11/08/2009 at 17:38

MLRide - Some nice hills, over the Horseshoe pass the opposite way from last time, great decent in to Llangollen. Got lost and ended up in some labyrinth of country lanes which were all dead ends and tractors, but on the upside I saw some really nice buzzard/eagles?

63.23 miles @ 15.2 mph

11/08/2009 at 18:06

ABAB hope all goes well in the nottingham mara.  I'm only doing the half and some of the mara runners finish well before me.  Anyway I'll look out for you.  Have you got your number yet?  I haven't got mine but I have got my GNR number which is the week after the Robin Hood.

Gym session today warm up on treaddie then stepper at level 7 followed by rower 2k then aerobike, skipping, boxing and abs. Phew!! Fell asleep catching up with the soaps I've missed.

Scheduled speed session tomorrow.

11/08/2009 at 18:35

Katb, not got my number yet.  I'm guessing a week or two before the race.

Then it's time to...............................

.....................................................PANIC !!!!!!!!!!!

11/08/2009 at 18:51

Marshallini - had to read your post a second time. I'm looking at it thinking, blimey, I'm really slow, 15.2 mph!!!  Then I was able to breath a sigh of relief as I realised you weren't running.

Easy plod for me tonight. Went out with a friend which was good as feeling very tired and couldn't be bothered at all. 5.28 miles with average pace of 9:11

Jog watch: 1 (on way home in car)
Dog watch: 0
Builder watch: 1

11/08/2009 at 20:46

Lol Clag tonight's RUN was at a more sensible speed 8.4 mph

8.19 miles - 58:24.61 - 7:08m/m  Only two of us fancied the 8 miler tonight so I let John pick the route and off we went, really good solid run and I felt strong all the way.

A Good Run

11/08/2009 at 22:11
1900 After a light sesh in the gym, I ran to the Marine Gardens and picked up the cycle path to Crosby Baths. Stuck to the road up to Burbo Bank, where I u-turned onto the prom which I followed to the outfall of the Marina. Here, I doubled back past the shore of the Marina and caught sight of two herons, I think, one keeping a close eye on me. From there, over the grassy expanse to the side roads & home via Victoria Park. Rain kept off but 'twas rather muggy.

5 miles, 42:00, JogWatch: 4, HeronWatch: 1 pair
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.