My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

7,881 to 7,900 of 18,492 messages
14/09/2009 at 20:34

MARSHY -CBA 'd YOU ????!!!!! Are you OK?

Mick - good running & a true inspiration, I think of you when I'm about to drop & it always purs me on (whoops -Spurs me on)  

Well folks the much anticipated Lake Vrynwy has been well & truely DONE & I was done in..... 

Set off with my club runners who had fibbed that they were aiming for around 2 hrs but then shot off at stupid pace. Took a few splits along the way but was averaging just under 9 for most of it. Really struggled the last few miles even though 12-13 is downhill but managed a half hearted sprint the last 10 metres to get me over the line in just under........ 1hr 55.  Was well chuffed with my time but spent the journey home & most of last night vomiting so guessing I pushed myself a wee bit too hard if thats possible.

14/09/2009 at 21:16
well done all, particularly shelscrape and katb, makes me a little sad to have missed  the RH, but i know i wasn't ready for it, and given one of the main reasons for doing that one would have been the pacer for the 2.15 timing if  he bogged off ahead i'm glad i missed it.
15/09/2009 at 10:47
swittle wrote (see)
Nice cross-training, Dr. Dan - excellent multi-tasking too

And I didn't even mention that I did Sunday's run while my son played Hockey.

15/09/2009 at 12:40

Apologies to all but I haven't posted a few runs.  

04/09/09 - 5.32m - Reverse
I suppose I paid the price of running in the pouring rain on Wednesday night. Had a bad night's sleep and woke early and couldn't get back to sleep. So rose at 5:30am and roamed around. Didn't get out of the door until after 7am feeling pretty mung and with a constantly running nose.
When I did get out it was a beautiful autumnal morning, a lovely sunny sky but with a chill breeze. Set off on an opposite direction wondering whether to do 4, 5 or 7? But halfway down Hilly Hill (better going down alright) I decided. It wouldn't be 7, I can't be bothered so five it was. Just a run out as I had no energy to push it this morning. Yet again I didn't time it, I just seem to be enjoying running in its purest sense. For how long who knows?

15/09/2009 at 12:49

05/09/09 - 6.71m - 58'29
Trying to rememberthis after the best part of a week is tough. Wanted to go out and run something. Started running up to the BP garage and from then on it became the new route. A bit treacherous from the A40 to the roundabout at Breakspear, the path on the right is so badly damaged it is really uneven.
Decided tio time it this time and work to get under 55 minutes eventually.

15/09/2009 at 12:52
06/09/09 - 8.35m - 1'13'58
A run out of nothing this morning. Had a lie in and as usual the longer I am awake the harder it is to get out. I was never going to 11 today, I missed that yesterday. Today was about getting a slightly longer distance in and hopefully go long next week.I have a new mp3 player and this time I think I've cracked it. Nice in the ear ear-plugs fit from Sony. Nice mix of AC/DC, Kings of Leon, Garbage, U2 and Depeche Mode to soundtrack my morning. Ran in the road up to  Long Lane and along service roads into Ickenham. Felt sluggish this morning, I took my Bridge split after Turnstone but second at the Ped lights was better. The A40 was just over 10 but Oxford point I was under again. At the Mahjacks lights I was still under and Kingston way under and onto home with out any problems. The run along the Greenway was special though, I opened up for the entire length, the was great.
15/09/2009 at 12:53
08/09/09 - 4.32m -    39'34
This was one of the worst. Got home early before the journey to QPR so decided to run. It was scorching outside. I wanted to do 5 but my heart was not in it. I stopped en route a couple of times before finishing the last 2 to 3 without. Felt like mung and I winder where my next run is coming from? Tomorrow at running club that's where.
15/09/2009 at 12:55
10/09/08 - 4.32m -    37'05
Woke up and more or less jumped out of bed this morning at 5am. Looked promising outside, dry and light!I had been wanting to do this all afternoon and evening yesterday after the dreadful run on Tuesday afternoon.Did the usual routine and got out of the door about 6.45am, stretched and ran off. Ran in the road (quick jump off my road before I'd even reached the end of my road). Through the roundabout at Ryfield and up the pavement
15/09/2009 at 12:56
11/09/09 -  2.20m -    17'38
Not used to change of times yet with the kids meant a shorter run to fit in the schedule. Jumped out of bed just after 5am and out of the door at about 6:10am. Now with everyone getting up earlier I had to be back earlier, bugger!Decided to run short and try to kick a bit harder too. It was a nice unbroken run in the cool morning air. Running up was  fairly fast and returning was a little slower?
15/09/2009 at 12:58
12/09/08 - 11.98m - 1'32'52
15/09/2009 at 13:00

13/09/09 - 8.32m -
Bugger. This was a great run out this morning. i eally had a great time. After yesterdays big run out I had aches and pains in the feet and legs. It didn't matter I was going out. So I went out and set off on a reverse route, 7.2 was originally my idea but when I hit the roundabout just past the whirly bridge I decided that although I felt a tad jaded I was going to go 8. Annoyed because my bloody watch re-set itself before I had a chance to note my time this morning. About 1'12 but didn't take enough notice to say for definite. It probably would have been a PB, shite, next time!

15/09/2009 at 13:28

Hi Everyone,

Was out by 6.30am today, bit later than hoped so missed the full colours of the sunrise, but did catch a lovely burnt orange sun creeping above the Liverpool skyline.  There was a definate chill when I left the house, but was soon the colour of a Ribena berry.

Did my "Hills" route today.  Just under 35 mins with 5 up & 5 downhills of differing lengths & gradients.  A nice steady pace & felt stronger than last week.  Happy days

Friendly runner - 1

Squirrel - 1

15/09/2009 at 20:51

Wirral Multi-Terrain Series Race 3

Thurstaston Common, the Beach, Wirral Way

I missed the first two because i was on nights and wasn't going to do this one either but thought "What the Hey! "

Met up with a friend and we decided just to run it easy!, The first  half mile it was an we were having a laugh, then we dropped down on to the beach and I passed about 15 people on the hill and thenrace mode took over.

On the beach there are a few options as to what surface to run on, I personally prefer to run on the rocks, is very unstable but you get a solid push off and I made more places up here.

Coming off the beach on to the Wirral Way I was running with a bloke from Penny Lane Striders and feeling pretty good and wasn't too far behind people I knew were pretty decent. Turning back towards the beach I tried to make a move and push o, but due to having to watch my feet I couldn't see if I'd dropped anyone.

Back on the Wirral Way It turned out I hadn't, I was still racing Penny Lane and at some point he passed me and got a bit of a lead, then a Lady from Liverpool caught me and I decided I'd try nad stay with her and started pushing it again we caught and passed Penny Laneand I kept ramping it up until I blew up and she dropped me, then I was spent and Penny Lane passed me back, I took a peak over my shoulder to a club mate chasing me down (the other easy runner!) so a last ditch effort to stay ahead of him had me finish in 33rd place, which I was more than pleased with.

Overall a very good run 4.9 miles - 32:23.40 - 6.36m/m good solidly paced run considering the terrain.

15/09/2009 at 20:56

3 miles after a very long and stressful day at work. 33:06. Bit slower than I'd hoped, but only a few seconds slower than same run on a relaxed Sunday morning.

Jogwatch: 0

Ignorant cyclist: 1

Friendly Lady Farmer: 1

Bloodthirsty Rottweilers: 2

15/09/2009 at 21:29
club run tonight, 5.58m in 54.28. they like to run up some hills this lot! going to do me good in the end i'm sure but hard work to start with. the light is fading fast in the evenings though.
15/09/2009 at 21:32

Another track session with the club tonight and again we worked on stamina.  3 laps of the track as a nice gentle warm up before starting on the main session.  We started off with a 300m run followed by a short recovery before moving up to 400m and a short recovery.  We then moved up to 500m with a short recovery before doing 600m.  After the 600m we did a couple of laps for recovery before doing the 600m again and a short recovery.  Next was the 500m with a short recovery and finally a 400m before finishing off with 2 laps of cool down.  We would have done a bit more but by this time we had lost the light so decided to call it a night.  I think we will only have one more track session then it will be back to pounding the streets of Withernsea during the dark winter nights.

15/09/2009 at 21:39

0620  A cool, bright Merseyside morning saw me round the park, over the tracks & down to the dunes.  Past the Baths & up Burbo before turning back down the beach & meeting a bloke looking for his mate's keys that he'd lost yesterday night while jogging - I suggested a metal detector might help   Between the lakes, over to Marine Gardens & home through the quiet side roads.  Great!!

5 miles, 42:00, JogWatch: 1  HeronWatch: 1  SwanWatch: 7

15/09/2009 at 22:36

Well done Mick n Phil!  Sorry I missed you both. As usual, you battled through the demons.  Great stuff.

Well, GNR  To run or not to run? that is the question, whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer another 13.1 miles of outrageous fortune(oops no not that one). Seriously,  I really can't make up my mind whether to defer or not as I'm a bit nervous about all the traffic in Newcastle.  It's a long time since I went there and never to the GNR. 

If I go, should I park the car at South Shields?  and if I do that will I be able to get out again? and what time should I get there to get back to the start in time?

Or should I catch the train to Newcastle? 

Can anyone give me any advice please?

16/09/2009 at 12:09

hi everyone

my last official contest on saturday morning .. a classic team's race (12 X 1)  into the caracalla athletic stadium . the first block of 78 started at 08:00 am and last at 07:00 pm .I  finished my session of 78 runners  (09:00-10:00) in position n.20 and 14K done.

Good run e nice day

16/09/2009 at 20:25

Katb - I'd start off in Newcastle city if I were you and then catch the metro back to the City Centre. I've never done the GNR, but I used to live up there and I know both the Great North Road near Gosforth where you start and the South Shields side will be chocca.  If a recall there is a metro stop in South Gosforth or even the one at West Jesmond which is a 5 - 10 min walk from the start.

Have fun if you do it.  BTW I found a picture on mr S's camera of you and me doing very bad aerobics at the warm up on Sunday  Luckily it's taken from a distanceso is not too incriminating.

No run for me tonight - whopping blister on the ball of my right foot  and then to hosptial tomorrow to have ALL my wisdom teeth out  - I have had a very stern lecture from the surgeon that I am not to run for at least 7 days afterwards .... do you think that means I can go out on my bike instead?  Anyway, to cheer myself up I have entered the Worksop HM at the end of October.... bugger I'm getting addicted to this lark

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.