My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

7,981 to 8,000 of 17,737 messages
22/09/2009 at 22:09
Dr Dan the shoes may be edging binwards!
23/09/2009 at 09:21

Last night, 3 miles 19 mins dead.

Felt a little more spritely yesterday, thank God. Not been doing any speedwork so really need to get into some of that asap. Will do a long run tonight then have a little break before a tempo run Sat morning.

23/09/2009 at 09:33
Kat B - they don't do 99's I'm afraid! I had a passion fruit sorbet - but I hadn't looked at it in the freezer and when I got it, it had horrible little crunchy seeds in it
Edited: 23/09/2009 at 09:33
23/09/2009 at 13:15

Recovery run this morning, for both me and the dogs - first time i've been out with them for over three months, Labrador seems to be recovered completely from his shoulder injury and he was so pleased to get out for a run. I'm still feeling Sunday's long run a little bit in my quads, and have 10k race this weekend so needed just to loosen out the muscles. Nice crisp morning too which this time of year just brightens the spirits.

3.2m in 33 mins

23/09/2009 at 19:50

Just now,

nice pootling 5 miles, 1/2 mile downhill (steep) 4miles flat then the 1/2 uphill to finnish. Still steep!

To the pub and back (didnt stop for a drink)

23/09/2009 at 19:50

Warm & windy 1st thing as I headed out in the half light into Crosby and Blundellsands, picking up the prom & beach and running to the Coastguard Station.  Here I turned out of the wind and ran easily down Burbo Bank, past the baths and through Waterloo home.  Felt much better today, with few of the aches of yesterday.

5.1 miles, 43:01, JogWatch: 1

23/09/2009 at 20:59

23/09/09 : 9.87 miles : 1 hour : 29 minutes

Great run tonight. Took it nice and slow, no problems with breathing, leg which shin injury was on almost feels as light as the other now (i.e. not like dragging a lump of lead around).

Last thing I said to OH was 'woe betide anyone that mocks me tonight - I am literally in the mood to murder someone' - and I was. Really down at the moment, not sure why, force myself out the door to go running as I know I'll feel better when I get back. Sometimes I don't, this time I did though.

Didn't know whether I was in the mood to run 9.87 tonight and told OH I might just do 6.9 as usual but got to the roundabout where I decide whether to run home or carry on and decided to go for it.

Macy Gray carried me round the boring rough streets where I noticed a neon sign above a Chinese takeaway - apparently they do tattoos too (too much 'oo' in that for my liking). Ran past thinking I bet they use the same dyes in the tattoo ink as they do to colour their rank food. Then I thought bloody hell, I am quite possibly the most cynical person ever.

Was starting to feel fatigued around mile 8 but as soon as Metallica's Whiskey in the Jar came on, I had a sudden surge of much-needed energy. Ran sprightly along to that, swang round the lamp-post and saw some bald heads through a pub window and a dim bar light.

As Whiskey in the Jar trailed off, Nick Cave came on, and I was surprised at how uplifting I found him. You'd think 'so I go stumbling out of life, just to hide in death a while' would be pretty demotivating, but actually it was the reverse. Mercy Chair was a standout.

Looped back round then came back up the street where the bizarre petrol garage is. Not sure why they keep changing hands - it's clear the joint isn't going to work as a petrol station, else all the others before it wouldn't have failed. Oh well, needs must I guess.

Continued up through the dark, twig-laded street, past another pub pumping out greasy air through an extractor fan, past the give-way part where cars always speed to squeeze through just in time, then back home.

Just as I turned the corner to run into the close, Mozart's Pachabel Cannon in D came on and I realised that this song has been ingrained into my memory from when it was played to us in assembly at Primary School, before we sang hymns. Beautiful melody, beautiful time of year for running.

23/09/2009 at 21:24

Middle route to work this time. Had the streets pretty much to myself apart from the odd person heading towards the station for the early trains. Was wandering if my other early jogger from the summer was still around but was later than I used to be so may have just misse them.

5.15 miles in 37' 13" @ 7:13mm

Jogwatch 0 

YT: 766, MT: 15

Still thinking about footwear have been looking at both chi and pose running realising I would need a propper coach to learn either.

23/09/2009 at 22:28
23/09/09 - 5.86m
A steady but hard run out with the H&HRR's tonight. Thought I was going to go out with Jac' and new girl Mina but in the end it was to the top with three others. I kept on Daniel's tail until the Prince of Wales but along the Uxbridge road on the way back he left me. I struggled but kept going. Different way round tonight. Straight up to the top tonight then down the Uxbridge Road and along Lees Road, same distance different route.
24/09/2009 at 09:13

11.72m, last night.

I realised my next HM is in 2.5 weeks and I've only been doing 15-20 miles a week recently , with the odd exception. So decided to get in a long run in the lead up to it, averaged 7:40 miles which was a pretty firm pace for training, but showed my legs are still loosening up as I ran a fair negative split over the run despite the first half feeling harder. Really need to put some work in over the next 10 days to get things up to speed!

24/09/2009 at 09:54

0630 and I decided on a shorter outing round the park and over the grassy expanse to the dunes, dealing with a lively NW wind on the way.  Did some resistance work in the sand, then headed for home, stopping to say 'Good Morning' to the solitary heron standing sentry-like at the edge of the Marina.  I hope her/his mate is well.

4 miles, 34:15, JogWatch: 0

24/09/2009 at 14:55

Noon today.

It is lovely out there in Welwn Garden City in Herts, a bright, sunny, mild late summer/early autumn day with lots of leaves of different colours all over the place and conkers ripe for picking off the tree or the ground. Not even a gentle breeze to cool my sweaty brow.

I had the urge to do a variation of a work fav, the Sherrardspark wood loop. A five mile run in total from the business park up the hill, towards town and then through the woods for a mile. Avoiding the occasional dog walker and pram pusher, though in honesty not very many people out today along these paths (how strange) emerging by the Red lion pub with all the people in its garden enjoying the weather and a pint over their lunch (that's where they all are!!), before plunging back in amongst the trees, bushes and squirrels and heading downhill along the tracks to pop back out of the woods again by Digswell House.

No school children around today by the secondary school girl of the moment Alesha Dixon went to, so no weaving required to get back into the woods and down to the main road by our lovely railway viaduct. No BBC helicopter flying over filming for Top Gear or anything else today. A mile and a quarter up a slight incline beside the road, enjoying the fact that no cyclists are using the joint footpath/cyclepath, back to work and a well deserved stretch and cup of water out front on the lawn.

What a lovely day, and how I don't want to be in the office this afternoon! No other runners spotted, which is odd for a lunchtime. Perhaps they were all down the pub

24/09/2009 at 15:18
On the Eastern Express Highway in Mumbai running against the traffic and over a couple of flyovers to Kings Circle and back to Parel. Still awfully humid even at 6 in the morning. Surprised to see other runners on the street. Mumbai at that time with relatively little traffic is fun. Only did about 8.5 kms but was worth it. Tomorrow it is back to the Mahalakshmi race course.
24/09/2009 at 15:33

Cool stuff Bombay Duck

I remember wandering home from bars in Northern Thailand at 5am and seeing loads of joggers out around sunrise

24/09/2009 at 15:52

Best time to go sunrise.

Short route to work as I was late out the door which was just as well as my legs are feeling the increase in exercise. Day off work tomorrow so will see what happens.

3.52 miles in 26' 02" @ 7:24 mm

Jog watch 0

YT: 769, MT: 18

24/09/2009 at 15:59
I know sunrise is nice, but getting up at 4am or so
24/09/2009 at 16:09

Its all in the head Le Gav

Been getting up at the time for work for too long I don't know any different!

24/09/2009 at 17:32

Very quick one from me as i'm rushing to get back to work for open evening. 

5:30am 3.31 miles 32mins.  A6, Chorley old road then home.

catch up later.

x

24/09/2009 at 20:19
tempo run this evening, one mile warm up, 2 miles fast, one mile cool down. two middle miles at 8.58which pleased me no end, first time i've run more than one mile in a row under 9min. 4.09m in 37.42.
24/09/2009 at 20:50
Nicely done Hanna
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.