My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

8,121 to 8,140 of 17,726 messages
04/10/2009 at 22:36

Your dog story reminded me, D2D.  I saw a sign that made me smile on my LSR.  I'm sorry you're scared of them, so you won't need this, but it was a 'beware of the dog' sign.  It had a piccie of a doberman, and the words, "Warning: the remains of trespassers will be prosecuted!"

I smiled.  And kept running...

04/10/2009 at 22:52

04/10/09

Ran 20 miles around London today in 2hrs 40mins. Im doing my first marathon in Dublin in 3 weeks and hoping for a time of 3hrs 30mins. Pretty happy im on course. Did some fartlek training yesterday which left my thighs feeling really tight today so had to run through the pain barrier a bit.. 

04/10/2009 at 22:58
Welcome to MLR, Stephen
05/10/2009 at 13:55

Two runs to report ... yesterday I did the "2 mile junior / fun run" while the real runners did the Harewood 10 mile "Hop". My son was running with his Tri club and I was just going to spectate ... but when I checked the web site for parking/registration details etc, I realised adults could run too So I did! Bit hairy scary in the first half mile with so many little folk running in very erratic racing lines ... I let everyone go ahead and then picked up the pace after things spread out a bit. I went past my son at about 0.5 miles ... won't be that  long until he'll be beating me ... there's a big hill at the end which the 10 milers have to endure (my sympathties .... it was bad enough in the 2 mile race). Ended up with 14:28 which is pretty poor (slower than my 5K pace) but I can't say I was going flat out, so I'll treat it as a hard run rather than a race.

Today I did a 9 mile LSR in 1:24. It was okay except that I went tachycardic between 7 and 8 miles (first time in a while!).

05/10/2009 at 15:04

Greenway 6.5k. (in reverse)

Legs are a bit achey today and both ankles hurt a bit and one knee.

Very easy jog round last weeks course 

2.19.81 - 2.15.34 - Set off easy and ran the stiffness out of my legs.

2.13.56 - 2.16.03 - The switch back and the railings between 1.5 and 2k really slow you down

2.30.00 - 2.05.92 - Lost loads of time crossing the road just before 2.5k

2.15.84 - 2.27.25 - Nothing to note on the canal

4.55.60 - Was struggling a bit running back up the Greenway, missed 4.5k marker [5k 23.19.35]

2.23.90 - 2.29.13 - Plodding away.

2.18.17 - Got harrassed by a playfull GSD puppy.

30:30.55 - 7:34m/m reasonable pace I suppose.

05/10/2009 at 16:38

That's nice for a v easy jog Marshallini. About an hour til I head out (YEAH). Hope it stops raining.

05/10/2009 at 19:37

Wet, raining the whole time, not too cold but dark! Ok run though, new route that had a nice bit of flat running on it. Turned out to be 6.12M, bit faster than a  steady pace but quite comfortable.

6.12 miles 43:40.50   @ 7:08m/m

7:28.81  -  6:56.18  -  6:58.13  -  7:03.65  -  7.10.28  -  7.16.78  -  0:48.67 (0.12)

Easy to see where the hills are. All good fun though.

JogWatch 0

(Kingston Human Race on Sunday).

05/10/2009 at 20:14

Good effort,marsh.   instep blister and sore back last night threatened my streak but a hot bath, some anti-inflams and a rub of 'Dynamint' muscle rub and I was almost good as new at 6.15 this morning

A decent recovery run around Crosby & Blundellsands was remarkably pain-free and quite refreshing.

3.1 miles, 27:25, JogWatch: 0

p.s.  Check link to free photos on Deeside Orienteering site - photographer will email on receipt of name & race number.

05/10/2009 at 20:44

I have been running honest, as much as ever but I seemed to have lost the mojo for posting my last run on a regular basis. Rather than post them all up again I am just going to post my last. Great to see everyone running as well as ever and also the newbies, a big HELLO from the originatior .

05/10/09 - 2.20m - 18;26
Another "fit in" in run. Managed to get out in time to do a small run. I will get the hang of these new mornings. Had a bit of a spring in my step and right up to the garage I thought about sneaking in the extra 2 miles but not today. That was the decision, it is just the start of the month, plenty of time.
A bit of an extra reason to not run, my VLM letter of rejection. That has drained me a bit. i don't know why? Up to a few months ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of running it anyway.Great to be out there in the end and it made me feel better. nothing of great note today, just a nice easy run.

05/10/2009 at 20:59

First proper run in the dark this autumn tonight.  I set out at 8 pm having put little S to bed and had an early supper with him after school.  I wa surprised how cold it was when I set out, I could see my breath steaming in the glow of my head torch.  I was well and truly lit up tonight, headtorch, flashing red light thingy on my back and sanp bands on my ankles.  I must have been a funny sight to the few cars that drove past me on the lanes tonight.  Oh, and I was wearing my day glo pink wind proof!

A good 4 miles run tonight, I really enjoyed myself.  It was a bit odd running in the dark again as I will have to re learn where all the pot holes are again as I nearly landed in the hedge twice.  A top run that was made even better by music on the i pod.  Good job there was no-one else about as I was humming along to the Jam, Edwyn Collins, Florence and the machine and Snow Patrol.  Not fast, but lots of fun

05/10/2009 at 21:38
PaulS4 wrote (see)

(Kingston Human Race on Sunday).

Are you local to Kingston?

Just done a swift little 10.5 miles, supposed to be easing up a bit in preparation for Sunday's HM, but sometimes things just flow nicely at a certain pace, so ended up averaging 7:20mm.

06/10/2009 at 08:51

No, but not too far away. I am near Coulsdon, (nr Croydon ssshhhhhhh). Going to be an early start Sunday as getting the train. Fingers crossed its dry.

06/10/2009 at 09:44
Heh, yeah, know Couldsen, one of my friends worked there for a while, I'm just down the road in Surbiton.
06/10/2009 at 09:54

05/09/10 : 6.9 miles : 52:22

Horrible run last night. Felt sick from the off then spent the entire run with stomach pain. Saw a dog in the distance that looked like a snowman and thought 'why is that snowman on a lead'. Mind playing tricks on me to distract itself from the sickness!

Think I ate something dodge in the day. Got back and still felt bad, couldn't eat much tea - a bit of bread, some cooked mushrooms and a small jacket potato.

Hoping tonight is better.

06/10/2009 at 11:50

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2469/3986996472_c20f80cc52_o.jpg

Swittle thanks for the photo link. Still looking quite good at the finish even tho I was on my last legs
06/10/2009 at 15:28

Inspired by the pic I hit the trails again, even after saying last night I was never going near them again

Starting at the Ridgeway and going up the Sandstone Trail on the bridle path, thru the plantation where someone has built a wooden reinforced bank and two circular mini mud bank fortresses?

Down out of the plantation and I saw some odd wood/metal sculpture, back on the SST and up to Snidley Moor. Along the top and up to the reservoir, there was someone on the top so I decided not to go over the fence, I turned at the main gate which was lock and there where no cars/vans and I could see the bloke more clearly and he looked like a dog walker so I did take a quick trip to the top and straight back out.

Back towards the SST and around the bottom of the fort.  I saw a small sign so I stopped to read that and it turns out there is an archaeological project going on and they are digging up the old fort, so I ran up to the top for a quick look, not a lot to see to be honest.

Round the bottom of the fort on to the bridle path and back into the plantation. I slapped the sculpture on the way back up and then stopped for a closer look and it was actually a periscope, I had a look thru it but it wasn't very good.

Followed the route back to the car and finished with an re-envigortated smile on my face.

A brilliant damp Autumnal woodland trail run the true essence of running.

4.77 miles - 43:48.83 - 9:12m/m

06/10/2009 at 17:53

rubbish run today, not sure if it's too much hard running too close together, running in the afternoon as i'm always better in the mornings, the unexpectedly muggy weather or too much wine last night, but whatever it was i felt like i was running through treacle for the first time in ages. Had to stop and walk a couple of times which hasn't happened for a while. Trying to be positive in that despite all that it's still a good bit faster than i could have done at my best six months ago.

Two and a half weeks to the half, think time for a few days rest, due one more long run this Sunday then the taper starts anyway.

6.11m in 1.00.24

06/10/2009 at 19:43

5-10-09  18:00   11.03  km   54:57

Had a heavy cold since last Wed which kept me from running over the weekend.Felt a lot better in work on Monday so thought I would go out for a comfortable run when I got in.

It was horrendous.After less than a mile my knees felt like they would explode and got worse throughout the run.I was wearing some Wave Creation 10's for the first time which I bought to hopefully help the knees as gait analysis said I was running in the wrong shoes.Felt totally breathless all the way round and when I downloaded the results found my ave HR was 9 bpm higher than 2 weeks ago on the same route when I ran 3 minutes quicker.Obviously( I think ) that was down to having not recovered from the cold but the knee problems are leaving me gutted.I think my brief running "career" could be over after just 7 months.

06/10/2009 at 22:18

Damn rain!!

I thought it would pass.  When it didn't I finally decided that I'd have to visit the gym for the first time in about six weeks.  I can't do it!  I tried, I really did.  I warmed up with a slow k, then upped it to my 10k speed for 3.2k.  Didn't make it.  I was sweating buckets after 7-8 mins, breathing fine but starting to get bogged down in my own shirt and quickly losing motivation.  Couldn't change pace, couldn't turn corners, and the treadmill was so springy that my form was all wrong, even on an incline.  So I stopped after about 10 mins something, took a rest, and tried again.  5 minutes later I packed it in.  Did some stretches then had to cold shower to cool down.  Now I'm annoyed I didn't run properly, annoyed that I didn't just go out in the rain.

But my headtorch has arrived!  I'll be reporting on the Alpkit Gamma (Camo stylee) after my next late run!  Just gotta pick it up from the office first...

07/10/2009 at 10:51

Cycled to work (5.5 miles) and then got straight off the bike and went for a 6.3 mile run. Felt a big dead legged at first as I climbed the big hill but then settled in and felt very good. Struggled to keep heart rate under 140 bpm so I just ran "easy" by perception and then pushed a bit towards the end. Millions of students passing through Hyde park and there were some folks taking advantage by handing out free promo bottles of drink ... felt like I was in a race as I grabbed mine on the fly.

5.5 miles bike (21:27)

6.3 miles run (54:06) 8:35 min/mile avHR 143 bpm.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.