My Last Run

Post details of your last run and what you think of it

101 to 120 of 17,727 messages
11/08/2007 at 18:35
Lol love jog watch - I have added it to my run today.

Saturday 11th August

5 miles up on the South Downs - undulating - did a steady pace 50.40 minutes. Felt easier than before - I guess that is because I have done a few more runs up on the hills in the last couple of weeks. Sunny and warm, beautiful views down over the sea at times, lots of rabbits scurrying out of my way and dogs and their walkers. Great:o)

Jog watch: 3
kittenkat    pirate
11/08/2007 at 18:39
Did a quick 6 miler, day before yest.
13/08/2007 at 09:29
Does everyone else love going out running? I often have to force myself to go, even though I usually enjoy it when I am out there. Today was a "I must go out and do at least 7 miles" day. Porrdige then out by 7.45am plodded round the roads down to the seafront, along and then back again. There was one bit in the middle that felt good along by the sea, but the rest was a real plod. Nevertheless I did 7.5 miles in 1:15:57 so mission accomplished:o) Best thing is that it is done and I can now have a bath and don't have to do any more running till tomorrow when hopefully I shall feel a bit more up for it!

Happy plodding to everyone else!
13/08/2007 at 09:30
oops, forgot

Jogwatch: 2
kittenkat    pirate
13/08/2007 at 09:30
8 cr*p miles yesterday.
13/08/2007 at 18:04
B - I go through fazes were I love to run and will go out everyday and just run, I'm in one of those fazes at the moment and it's great. But then there are times were I get hung up on performance and then I feel I haveto run, that's when the fun goes out of it.

Kittenkat - "8 cr*p miles" what was wrong with them? 8 miles is a good run in a lot peoples books.

Monday 13/08/07 – 4:00 pm –Recovery Run – Delamere.

4.81 miles –39:36.94 – 8;14 min/mile ave. – 298 ft – Mountain bear Gladiator (2).
13 degrees, sunny/cloudy, humidity 87, wind SSE 3 mph.

Jog watch: 1

Didn’t run yesterday RHR was still too high so I had a day off.

Today was an easy jog around Delamere Forest. Over an undulating course I got the chance to work on my uphill form, quite a productive little run in that respect. Ran down some new tracks (got lost again!), so run was a bit further than planned but felt good.

Happy happy.

Chris.

kittenkat    pirate
13/08/2007 at 18:07
marsh - maybe it's just the way I'm feeling at the mo.

It's nice to run in the forest isn't it? I live right next to one.
14/08/2007 at 06:38
You lot are outstanding! 8 crap miles, 4 mile recovery run, 7.5 miles. It's all great stuff!
14/08/07 - 5.3m 45:21
The first time this side of the year it was quite dark when I woke up.When I poked my nose out of the door at 5:25am the sky was getting brighter with the far off clouds having a dark orange glow to the sides and the street lamps lit the dark blue sky. In the air there was a light drizzle but not enough to wet the ground as yet. A taste of things to come, this time next month eh?
I had to shorten my run today to allow the Missus to go early morning shopping before I go to work. So i went for the once around the block jobbie. Nice easy run, only after hitting the Uxbridge roundabout did the rain get heavier. Still steady, now I don't mind rain like that, it keeps me cool. I nearly got run over again by a black cab driving through a red light, w*****! I really enjoyed myself today and maybe, just maybe mid week run may be 5 miles again (allow me an extra hour in bed). Lets ee how it goes.
Jog watch - 1
14/08/2007 at 20:26
Join the outstanding lot Fromage Free, good running and lovely details.

Tuesday 13/08/07 – 7:00 pm – Club Run - Coalpit Ln/Demage Ln.
5.55 miles –39:51.55 – 7:11 min/mile ave. – 85 ft asc.– Nike Free 5.0 Trail.
20 degrees, sunny, humidity 79, wind S 9 mph.

Jog Watch 2. (Not runners from the club)

Decided to go out with the club tonight, a rarity in its own right as I usually run on my own straight work. Today was meant to be a rest day as well but I got bored.

Treated it as another recovery run, although it was faster than I would’ve run on my own. At the same time the pace was easy but I am surprised how fast it was, a good sign (I think). 3 little climbs where I practiced my uphill form again, feeling good.

Happy happy.

Chris.
15/08/2007 at 17:18
Wednesday 14/08/07 – 3:48 pm – 100m Efforts - Canal/Croughton.
7.02 miles –55:24.05 – 7:53 min/mile ave. – 152 ft asc.– Nike Air Zoom Spectrum Plus (1).
20 degrees, sunny, windy on the way back, it was making big waves on the canal.

Jog Watch 0

2.5 mile warm up (and cool down) along the canal then 30 second sprints followed by 40 seconds jog recovery (x12) along the lane. I’m sorry but I’ve got to add these 7 miles to Kittenkats cr*p 8 miles, there really is nothing good to say about them, I felt awful and leaden legged, quite disheartening!

No longer happy.

Chris.
kittenkat    pirate
15/08/2007 at 17:24
Today!
16 hilly miles @ 9.06min miles. Total ascent = 2729ft :)

Chris, I took 2 days off after my cr*p run and I was very pleased with todays result - the next one will be better for you :)

kittenkat    pirate
15/08/2007 at 17:24
FF - Uxbridge - I've got family in Ruislip!
15/08/2007 at 20:24
Wednesday 14/08/07 – 7:10 pm – Very easy jog - Capenhurst 5k course.
3.1075 miles – 29:32.83 – 7:53 min/mile ave. – 16 ft asc.– Nike Free 5.0 Trail Plus.

Jog Watch 4

The running club’s beginners group were doing a recce of the Capenhurst 5K race route tonight so I went down to lend some moral support and jog round with them.

Although I was hardly working I in general felt a whole lot better than before, my legs were turning over quite comfortably. Over reactions and melodramatics over!

Happier.

Chris.
15/08/2007 at 21:54
Glad to see you are happy happy again Chris, and KK what a comeback!

It was so wet and windy here today I kept putting off going out until the only option left was a short treadmill session just to do something. So just back from 5k easy on the treadie - glad I did it - 3.1 miles is better than no miles! Tomorrow though - must do better!

Jogwatch - just one
16/08/2007 at 07:51
16/08/07 - 5.3m 47:08
Where did the rain go eh? After the almost continual downpour of yesterday, this morning as the day dawned, turned into the most beautiful morning. Gorgeous sunshine, cool and hardly a breeze. Magical. I enjoyed my run so much this morning. I had plans to do an 8 mile but as I neared home I just decided I felt so good and lets not overdo it. So I went home buzzingNot much to mention other than how good it felt today and with the jogwatch at zero, they all missed out!
16/08/2007 at 08:26
can i join in? Yest evening 6 miles in 51 mins, which is good for me. Pretty flat route though. This follows a 9 mile trek over large hills Sat after which my legs were real cross with me :)
Have a good day everyone
16/08/2007 at 10:43
Can I join this one too.
Last night 9.20pm, 5.2 miles 50%up hill rest down,dark,slight wind,cool,35mins30 secs,first mile 8mins.Felt great and enjoyed it-that is why I am hooked on running.
16/08/2007 at 18:11
welcome and well done gms and 2old

I did 5.5 miles in 59:20 up on the south downs this evening - up, down and along - being buffetted off course by a very strong wind - it was great - very invigorating.

jogwatch: 0 (though did see two mountain bikers and lots of dogs and their walkers as usual)
16/08/2007 at 18:15
Hello All and welcome.

Thursday 15/08/07 – 4:00 pm – Easy Trail Run - The Ridgeway.
4.95 miles – 39:27.21 – 7:46 min/mile ave. –840 ft asc.– Mountain Bear Gladiator (1).

Jog Watch 0

Went for a run in the place I like to run most...can’t go wrong there...make the route up as you go along, no pressure for time or distance it’s running at it’s purest...I love it!

Actually put in a bit of an effort for the last short road section just to see if I could guess my marathon pace after running up and down hills and through mud and stuff! close enough to be happy.
17/08/2007 at 16:46
Hope you won't mind me contributing but I'm relatively new to running and I think it would motivate me to join in.

Exactly three miles today in 24 minutes. Tried to run a bit quicker than usual because I keep being told that this will help improve my running generally. Only managed to reduce the average pace by about 15-20 seconds per mile but I did notice the extra effort so it may be beneficial.

Nice loop around the estate I live in. Bit of a hill in one place to wear myself out but a lovely 400m stretch slightly downhill to finish. A few welcome words of encouragement from an elderly couple as I passed their house at the top of the hill.

Just felt huge sense of achievement when I realised that I see three miles as a bit of a shorter run. My progress seems to have been slow but when I started in January I could only run 500m on a treadmill before having to stop. I'm still dreadfully one paced but today's run was a good one and I'm looking forward to Sunday.
101 to 120 of 17,727 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.